Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lisa **Spoilers**

Re: Lisa **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3256226;
    The order on ABCMedianet shows nothing about F1, but may be telling as to which girls were destined to go far, e.g., cast for the long haul. This is what they do. Not all contestants have an equal shot at the prize. Jason has some influence at the margins, but in your typical season (think of Matt, who appears to have done precisely as he was told, except maybe on his F3 to F2 cut) the producers drive the choices of who gets what date, and who stays and who goes. They are each assigned a field producer. And Field Producers like Field TRIPS! That's a major part of the appeal of the job -- travel to New Zealand, etc. So, as in any OFFICE, there are power plays associated with who is assigned to what girl.

Poor little Lisa didn't even get a PR shot. Nor any 1:1 time with Jason in the photos released. So therefore, we can guess she was not cast to "go far."

Things can change along the way, but part of the plan is a sense of which girls will be around past the first 10 days of filming.

They have to location scout the Hometown Dates, among other logistical needs.

They are after all, making a TV show.

Finally, from reading here over the last few seasons, it appears that the order out of the limo AS AIRED has significance, and they typically place the winner toward the middle/back of the pack.
    What about how hidden Melissa is this time? I mean, she's not even in the episode descriptions and only one shot of her and Jason talking (which some think was photoshopped). Any clue as to why? It wasn't like they hid Shayne like they are Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3256249;
    What about how hidden Melissa is this time? I mean, she's not even in the episode descriptions and only one shot of her and Jason talking (which some think was photoshopped). Any clue as to why? It wasn't like they hid Shayne like they are Melissa.
    In the first promo shots of Matt's season--the group shot--you could not identify Shayne in that photo she was so well hidden in the back.
    It wasn't until a week before his premier--3/11/08 when commercials came out showing previews of episodes after the meet and greet that we got scs of Shayne--and then there were plenty highlighting all F3.
    Just check out the scs for Bach 12 on page 2 of this thread, they are all still there.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3256254;
    In the first promo shots of Matt's season--the group shot--you could not identify Shayne in that photo she was so well hidden in the back.
    It wasn't until a week before his premier--3/11/08 when commercials came out showing previews of episodes after the meet and greet that we got scs of Shayne--and then there were plenty highlighting all F3.
    Just check out the scs for Bach 12 on page 2 of this thread, they are all still there.

Thanks, Kash, for that explanation. I was curious about the same thing. It did seem odd considering all of the rumors and spoilerage.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3256254;
    Jason was hidden to the point of barely being shown (heck in the billboard he was so tiny it was sad!) and Jesse was right smack next to DeAnna in the group shot. So, my point is, does any of these group shots, press releases mean anything?

Melissa isn't hidden in the group shot. She's like where Jeremy was in DeAnna's season.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3256270;
    Jason was hidden to the point of barely being shown (heck in the billboard he was so tiny it was sad!) and Jesse was right smack next to DeAnna in the group shot. So, my point is, does any of these group shots, press releases mean anything?

Melissa isn't hidden in the group shot. She's like where Jeremy was in DeAnna's season.
    The group shots would be taken early on in filiming when all 25 ladies are there right? So I don't see how producers would have any way of placing the F1 in a ceritan place in the group shot.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3256270;

IDK
    I try not to read tea leaves and just go by what the scs show me.
    Usually we will get enough scs to place who goes from the 25 to the 15. Generally, there is 1 or 2 ladies that are hard to find-"mystery girls"-Michele P. Matt's season.
    Often a few HTD and FD are shown in scs. That places ladies in F4-F3.
    This season should be fairly easy.
    We will have scs in LA area.
    We will then have scs in Seattle area.
    Next HTD scs, then South Island Scs and finally Auckland. The scs should be very different and telling unless all we see are hotel rooms!!!
    I will not be calling NZ hotels this season to be a pretend tourist! Those international calls unlike Hawaii, Mexico or Carribean will cost me!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3256274;
    IDK
    I try not to read tea leaves and just go by what the scs show me.
    Usually we will get enough scs to place who goes from the 25 to the 15. Generally, there is 1 or 2 ladies that are hard to find-"mystery girls"-Michele P. Matt's season.
    Often a few HTD and FD are shown in scs. That places ladies in F4-F3.
    This season should be fairly easy.
    We will have scs in LA area.
    We will then have scs in Seattle area.
    Next HTD scs, then South Island Scs and finally Auckland. The scs should be very different and telling unless all we see are hotel rooms!!!
    I will not be calling NZ hotels this season to be a pretend tourist! Those international calls unlike Hawaii, Mexico or Carribean will cost me!
    Ha! That's OK, you have provided a ton of stuff right now!

The group shots would be taken early on in filiming when all 25 ladies are there right? So I don't see how producers would have any way of placing the F1 in a ceritan place in the group shot.
    I don't think anything of it myself. Just a point I made when the subject of Shayne being hidden, etc.

Just remember that they shoot miles and miles of film footage. The editing is done after the show is a done deal, so it is not difficult to remove shots that do not fit the story line. They are telling a story here, not a documentary. While it may have a basis in reality, it is not non-fiction.

Editing can make anyone look like they are doing almost anything. Just because you do not see it, does not mean it did was not there, and just because you do see something, does not mean it happened the way or the time we see it. :nono
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3256344;
    Just remember that they shoot miles and miles of film footage. The editing is done after the show is a done deal, so it is not difficult to remove shots that do not fit the story line. They are telling a story here, not a documentary. While it may have a basis in reality, it is not non-fiction.

Editing can make anyone look like they are doing almost anything. Just because you do not see it, does not mean it did was not there, and just because you do see something, does not mean it happened the way or the time we see it. :nono
    Remembering that pic where Melissa and Lauren are smooshed together for example - Melissa appears to be levitating off the seat Thanks for the reminder!

I do think it is unfortunate that they didn't include a Meet/Greet photo of Lisa and just wonder if the similarity in name to Melissa was responsible for the absent pic or if it was intentional for sake of mystery?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Lisa is pretty much right next to Jason on the FIR group shot that is missing 4or 5 of the ladies in the pic. If you want a good look at her.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast