Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lisa **Spoilers**

Re: Lisa **Spoilers**

I'm just guessing, but at the end of the description of each photo, there is a number (presumably unique to that photo).

The girls' photos come up in alphabetical first name order for me, but the numbers are mixed up. So maybe if the photos are ordered by number, they will match Bloomers' or jlccaz' list?

Oh, and I don't see a photo of Sharon (or I missed it because all the photos seem to be in alpha order, by first name).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3255914;
    I'm just guessing, but at the end of the description of each photo, there is a number (presumably unique to that photo).

The girls' photos come up in alphabetical first name order for me, but the numbers are mixed up. So maybe if the photos are ordered by number, they will match Bloomers' or jlccaz' list?

Oh, and I don't see a photo of Sharon (or I missed it because all the photos seem to be in alpha order, by first name).
    These are the ones as they actually come out of the car to greet him. I tried to study the numbers on the pictures, but that didn't seem to be a clue. The pictures appear to be in order. It is not that I think she is wrong! I was just wondering how she knew they were in reverse order so that Melissa is first instead of last.
    The main thought would remain the same as it has in the past. We know that in the past they have actually put some of their knock-outs ( as far as looks or physical charisma) first, last or both.
    We know that the beautiful lawyer on one season was first, and several of the outstanding Bachelors have been either first or last for the sake of impression.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3255919;
    These are the ones as they actually come out of the car to greet him. I tried to study the numbers on the pictures, but that didn't seem to be a clue. The pictures appear to be in order. It is not that I think she is wrong! I was just wondering how she knew they were in reverse order so that Melissa is first instead of last.
    How are you accessing the photos? I'm assuming on abcmedianet.com. I did a search for "Bachelor" and clicked on "photography assets" and that is how they are coming up in first name order.

I'm not a Bach/ette expert, but I know that abcmedianet has been known to make mistakes with photos. I've even seen them put spoilery promo photos up (for other shows), take them down, and then put them back up after the episode aired.

So I am skeptical that much can be gleaned from the order of the photos.

What tells you that "they appear to be in order"?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3255930;
    How are you accessing the photos? I'm assuming on abcmedianet.com. I did a search for "Bachelor" and clicked on "photography assets" and that is how they are coming up in first name order.

I'm not a Bach/ette expert, but I know that abcmedianet has been known to make mistakes with photos. I've even seen them put spoilery promo photos up (for other shows), take them down, and then put them back up after the episode aired.

So I am skeptical that much can be gleaned from the order of the photos.

What tells you that "they appear to be in order"?
    To see the out of the car order: Go to the medianet site and click on NEW PHOTOS on the left panel. When all of the shows come up, on the picture of The Bachelor, click on Other Photos at the bottom. It will take you to a page with a couple of shots, and then almost immediately you will see the girls coming out of the car - complete at the one stop point where Chris goes up and talks with Jason about what he thinks so far, etc.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3255935;
    To see the out of the car order: Go to the medianet site and click on NEW PHOTOS on the left panel. When all of the shows come up, on the picture of The Bachelor, click on Other Photos at the bottom. It will take you to a page with a couple of shots, and then almost immediately you will see the girls coming out of the car - complete at the one stop point where Chris goes up and talks with Jason about what he thinks so far, etc.
    Thanks!

I don't know why, I didn't get a picture of the Bachelor, just a link for the show under "Alternative Series", which brings up an old promo photo of Jason along with the show description. There are tabs, and if I click the "Photography" tab, I get the photos (the first few are group photos from the meet/greet, and then the individual girls greeting Jason).

I don't have the patience to sort it all out at this detailed level.

I may look for Sharon, because she was apparently missing from the alpha-order photos. Then again, I may cross-reference the photos.

BTW, sorry for the OT posts in Lisa's thread! I'll put further such questions in a more appropriate thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3255864;
    Ok! But for next time...how could you tell that?
    The first number at ABC Medianet is the photog's digital camera still#. Jillian was #1590. Melissa was #206. And everyone else (except poor LISA?) was in between. The gaps reflect multiple shots of each, and the selection of the one to be released to the media.

I had a long post about the order out of the limos, and who got 1:1 time with Jason, and who is featured in group photos. In Bach 13 Spoiler thread maybe?>

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3255957;
    The first number at ABC Medianet is the photog's digital camera still#. Jillian was #1590. Melissa was #206. And everyone else (except poor LISA?) was in between. The gaps reflect multiple shots of each, and the selection of the one to be released to the media.

I had a long post about the order out of the limos, and who got 1:1 time with Jason, and who is featured in group photos. In Bach 13 Spoiler thread maybe?>
    Right, btw, link to your post
    Bachelor 13 **SPOILERS**

Going by that list, Sharon is 13th from the end (since they're in reverse order). I have no idea why she doesn't come up in the alpha-order list (other than abcmedianet messed up).

The 13th girl from the end is a brunette (Sharon is blonde); maybe I am just confused.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3255957;

Yes, I think your detailed explanation is post # 1124 under Bachelor 13 spoilers for anyone interested.
    Very well done jlccaz - thanks!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The order on ABCMedianet shows nothing about F1, but may be telling as to which girls were destined to go far, e.g., cast for the long haul. This is what they do. Not all contestants have an equal shot at the prize. Jason has some influence at the margins, but in your typical season (think of Matt, who appears to have done precisely as he was told, except maybe on his F3 to F2 cut) the producers drive the choices of who gets what date, and who stays and who goes. They are each assigned a field producer. And Field Producers like Field TRIPS! That's a major part of the appeal of the job -- travel to New Zealand, etc. So, as in any OFFICE, there are power plays associated with who is assigned to what girl.

Poor little Lisa didn't even get a PR shot. Nor any 1:1 time with Jason in the photos released. So therefore, we can guess she was not cast to "go far."

Things can change along the way, but part of the plan is a sense of which girls will be around past the first 10 days of filming.

They have to location scout the Hometown Dates, among other logistical needs.

They are after all, making a TV show.

Finally, from reading here over the last few seasons, it appears that the order out of the limo AS AIRED has significance, and they typically place the winner toward the middle/back of the pack.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast