Page 12 of 237 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian **Spoilers**

Re: Jillian **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by nikiniki;3259980;
    By the way, where did all this Jillian craze come from, I thought you guys had Melissa has final 1.

Did I start it
    I'm just trying to figure out anything. Whether she's F1 or F6...who knows.

I'm at 51% Melissa is F1.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0506;3259977;
    GREAT point. ABC could easily help relocate her and push forward the paperwork.

Hey, I brought up that point first

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3259978;
    I'm pretty sure the production staff had a huge hand in that, but she goes further on, so it got Jason's attention.
    This is the strange thing about the editing. If you remember, we had Bevin showing Andy the scars on her leg; we also saw her wrap her legs around him in the pool. Both of these incidences were generally taken by viewers as negative editing, but what they did was to lay the mental groundwork in our minds for Andy's undeniable physical interest in Bevin.

We haven't seen the segment yet, but the hotdog incident right now suggests that this is a confident person whose unique way of thinking has very much caught Jason's interest. In her self-confidence, she does appear bold ( and as feeding someone in that manner comes across as intimate - think wedding pictures - we might feel a little uncomfortable).

I have read several times that in surveys men will list confidence as the #1 characteristic or asset that they find the most attractive in a woman, but what they find as confident, we as women might see as bold.

He is going to say that he is flattered (humbled) that the women are going out of their way to try to get his attention, but the editing is meant to make us feel like these women are making fools of themselves or at least lowering themselves to gain his attention.

The bottom line is that this segment is a little mixed for me right now as CH referred to her as "laid-back" which does not have a negative connotation.
    I am going to have to see how this plays out as to whether or not she has been set up by the producers.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3259949;
    I am not Canadian, but I thought Canadian citizens can reside and work legally in US because of NAFTA agreement . I could be wrong though.
    Bloomer, I always enjoy your perspective on editing, so I would like to know your opinion on the preview of Jillian. Honestly, IMHO, the knowing a man by the condiments on his hotdog is kind of weird for me, and I don't' quite like the SC of her feeding him - I guess I am just too old, LOL -. Do you think those things are "positive editing"? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Jillian is not a nice girl, I am trying to understand the editing. In Andy's season, I remembered so vividly about Bevin's saluting in the preview, and I did not quite like it either and look at what that led her? Not to mention the same kind of " wrapping the legs around the Bachelor" - could that be a prelude to things that are to come?

Hi Please see post #113 where I started in answering somebody and answered yours as well.

When we get a little further along and have a little more to work with we can start an editing thread. I have some things in mind already. I love everybody's different imput.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3259994;
    This is the strange thing about the editing. If you remember, we had Bevin showing Andy the scars on her leg; we also saw her wrap her legs around him in the pool. Both of these incidences were generally taken by viewers as negative editing, but what they did was to lay the mental groundwork in our minds for Andy's undeniable physical interest in Bevin.

We haven't seen the segment yet, but the hotdog incident right now suggests that this is a confident person whose unique way of thinking has very much caught Jason's interest. In her self-confidence, she does appear bold ( and as feeding someone in that manner comes across as intimate - think wedding pictures - we might feel a little uncomfortable).

I have read several times that in surveys men will list confidence as the #1 characteristic or asset that they find the most attractive in a woman, but what they find as confident, we as women might see as bold.

He is going to say that he is flattered (humbled) that the women are going out of their way to try to get his attention, but the editing is meant to make us feel like these women are making fools of themselves or at least lowering themselves to gain his attention.

The bottom line is that this segment is a little mixed for me right now as CH referred to her as "laid-back" which does not have a negative connotation.
    I am going to have to see how this plays out as to whether or not she has been set up by the producers.
    Thanks, Bloomers. I am looking forward to more of your opinions on the editing when the show starts airing.
    One more thing to consider: who's going to do the pursuing? Jillian to Jason and Jason to Melissa? Do men generally enjoy to be the pursuers/chasers?

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0506;3259977;
    GREAT point. ABC could easily help relocate her and push forward the paperwork.
    I have serious doubts--think Matt Grant. Matt is still having issues here per his facebook site. So I don't think ABC has the amount of influence on our govt.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3257017;
    She has a website that is posted:

<From Northen Rural Alberta, Jillian is an entrepreneur at heart - creative, drive, feisty and energetic her leadership skills enable her to handle multiple successful design projects in record time.

Spending 3 years immersed in the design field in Calgary, Jill's natural enthusiasm, creative flare, and ability to work under pressure led her to pursue Assistant to the creative Director for Cactus Restaurants in Vancouver.

Working in a variety of positions, most recently teaming up with Farmboy Fine Arts as a Design Coordinator, Jill has never had any trouble rolling up her sleeves and taclking any project, especially in the creative and design arenas.

"When i create a space, I think about more than just the basic interior elements. A truly sucessful space is to read the clients so well - that the room emits their character, not just the current trends. Interior design isn't so much about selling people on a specific look, color or a piece of furniture, it's about selling the client on a piece of furniture."

Taken from a website on her professional abilities as a "designer"

Farmboy Fine Arts is a starting place?
    did you get that from google's cache? because when u go to her website all you get is the main page and that is it

I do this for a living, so I can say that NAFTA wouldn't apply to her, it only applies for certain professions. However if they're getting married he could easily sponsor her. She could live in Seattle and go back to Canada every few months until she can legally work there. If she plans on working for her own company in the US, especially if she hires staff there, it's quite easy for her to get a work permit.

I'm cheering for my fellow canuck! Go Jillian go!

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3260002;
    I have serious doubts--think Matt Grant. Matt is still having issues here per his facebook site. So I don't think ABC has the amount of influence on our govt.
    immigrating to the US from Canada is quite different (and easier) than from the UK

This is Google's cache of http://jillianharris.com/about. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Oct 6, 2008 18:28:21 GMT