Page 11 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian **Spoilers**

Re: Jillian **Spoilers**

WOW......they live close to each other.....interesting

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0506;3259946;
    As a Canadian I feel I can comment on immigration.

If she were making frequent visits to the US and saying she is working in the US, you need a working visa. To set up a business in the US is rather easy if you already have an existing company in Canada. Friends of mine have done this and there is not a lot of paperwork. You can set up shop in the US quickly if you have a specific location.
    Correct, and getting a working visa is not a simple procedure (as my sister's sister-in-law - Canadian trying to work in the US) has recently found out. I do know it is easier to get a visa if there is a job there that the hiring company can prove you are only one of a few that are qualified to perform.

Perhaps, and only perhaps, if Browns Restaurants are planning to move into the Seattle area (per my previous post), then the owner of this company could state that he has an in-house designer that he would like relocated to that area to be more hands on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0506;3259953;
    Canadians can reside and work in the US but they need paperwork to prove it. One cannot just pick up and relocate without dragging the government into the move. (sigh)
    This is the whole crux! We are not talking about Jillian just working in Seattle. According to the first inside scoop we got (complete with pics - thanks to Poodles), his intended is moving to Seattle.
    That sounds like she is going to live there as well as work there.

So....we are back to what kind of logistical problems do we have here to make this work if she is F1?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Yes snuff, I agree. My husband just received his working US Visa.

Jillian though has her own design company so she may have the ability to move around more freely.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by snuff_a_luff;3259966;
    Correct, and getting a working visa is not a simple procedure (as my sister's sister-in-law - Canadian trying to work in the US) has recently found out. I do know it is easier to get a visa if there is a job there that the hiring company can prove you are only one of a few that are qualified to perform.

Perhaps, and only perhaps, if Browns Restaurants are planning to move into the Seattle area (per my previous post), then the owner of this company could state that he has an in-house designer that he would like relocated to that area to be more hands on.

I am sure, just as how she came here to film the bachelor, something could be worked out with ABC's assistace for the couple to be togehter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3259969;
    This is the whole crux! We are not talking about Jillian just working in Seattle. According to the first inside scoop we got (complete with pics - thanks to Poodles), his intended is moving to Seattle.
    That sounds like she is going to live there as well as work there.

So....we are back to what kind of logistical problems do we have here to make this work if she is F1?

Maybe she is moving to Seattle, keeping her company in Vancouver, and opening a second location in Seattle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0506;3259970;
    Yes snuff, I agree. My husband just received his working US Visa.

Jillian though has her own design company so she may have the ability to move around more freely.
    How much influence would ABC have??
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3259974;
    How much influence would ABC have??
    GREAT point. ABC could easily help relocate her and push forward the paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3259949;
    I am not Canadian, but I thought Canadian citizens can reside and work legally in US because of NAFTA agreement . I could be wrong though.
    Bloomer, I always enjoy your perspective on editing, so I would like to know your opinion on the preview of Jillian. Honestly, IMHO, the knowing a man by the condiments on his hotdog is kind of weird for me, and I don't' quite like the SC of her feeding him - I guess I am just too old, LOL -. Do you think those things are "positive editing"? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Jillian is not a nice girl, I am trying to understand the editing. In Andy's season, I remembered so vividly about Bevin's saluting in the preview, and I did not quite like it either and look at what that led her? Not to mention the same kind of " wrapping the legs around the Bachelor" - could that be a prelude to things that are to come?
    I'm pretty sure the production staff had a huge hand in that, but she goes further on, so it got Jason's attention.

FORT Fan

By the way, where did all this Jillian craze come from, I thought you guys had Melissa has final 1.

Did I start it