Page 10 of 237 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian **Spoilers**

Re: Jillian **Spoilers**

Been tryng to catch-up on things and looking forward to the new season with Jason, but haven't posted yet. Good to see some old FORTers are still here/back.

I like what we have seen/heard of Jillian so far too, but I wonder about the possibility of her being F1 because I remember seeing somewhere that apparantly the F1 is getting ready to move to Seattle after the show is aired. Unless Jillian is not a Canadian citizen but an US citizen, has dual citizenship, or has a job in the US it would not be an easy thing for her to pick up and move permanently to Seattle.

I'm not sure, yet who I think is f1 between Jillian, and the others. She does have the age factor on her side, and he may feel this is a huge plus and feel she is more ready to settle down than the others. Remember, he has been through this, himself. JMO.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Very true....however, since she has her own design company in vancouver, she could actually start up another company in the US very easily and she doesn't need a US citizenship for that.

Right now, if you open her business website all you see is her logo and name. It seems as if all traces of her are gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;3259928;
    Been tryng to catch-up on things and looking forward to the new season with Jason, but haven't posted yet. Good to see some old FORTers are still here/back.

I like what we have seen/heard of Jillian so far too, but I wonder about the possibility of her being F1 because I remember seeing somewhere that apparantly the F1 is getting ready to move to Seattle after the show is aired. Unless Jillian is not a Canadian citizen but an US citizen, has dual citizenship, or has a job in the US it would not be an easy thing for her to pick up and move permanently to Seattle.

Could she be working on that now, and if so, how long would that take? Also, would we think that by "moving to Seattle" that doesn't necessarily mean immediately but could mean eventually after she gets her visa or whatever she has to have to get started? It could mean she starts the process upon completion of the airing of the show.
    Also, how much could ABC trust in the confidentiality if she started the process during this down time and while the airing was going on?

In addition, ( I am really, really going to show my ignorance here) do people from Canada have to have a Visa to work/live in the U. S.? We have some awfully friendly agreements with them.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Bloomers - good points and I am not sure what the immigration/work laws are, but if she has her own business in Canafda, she could work from the USA.

Like you, I like to look at all the angles and all the ecidence - which we don't have tons of yet.

As a Canadian I feel I can comment on immigration.

If she were making frequent visits to the US and saying she is working in the US, you need a working visa. To set up a business in the US is rather easy if you already have an existing company in Canada. Friends of mine have done this and there is not a lot of paperwork. You can set up shop in the US quickly if you have a specific location.

I am not Canadian, but I thought Canadian citizens can reside and work legally in US because of NAFTA agreement . I could be wrong though.
    Bloomer, I always enjoy your perspective on editing, so I would like to know your opinion on the preview of Jillian. Honestly, IMHO, the knowing a man by the condiments on his hotdog is kind of weird for me, and I don't' quite like the SC of her feeding him - I guess I am just too old, LOL -. Do you think those things are "positive editing"? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Jillian is not a nice girl, I am trying to understand the editing. In Andy's season, I remembered so vividly about Bevin's saluting in the preview, and I did not quite like it either and look at what that led her? Not to mention the same kind of " wrapping the legs around the Bachelor" - could that be a prelude to things that are to come?

Canadians can reside and work in the US but they need paperwork to prove it. One cannot just pick up and relocate without dragging the government into the move. (sigh)

How far is Jillian in Canada from Seattle?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3259957;
    How far is Jillian in Canada from Seattle?
    Jillian lives in Vancouver and it is approximatley 120 miles from Seattle or 192 km