Page 14 of 1437 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: Screencaps B13 ****spoilers****

Re: Screencaps B13 ****spoilers****

It is interesting to me how either by insider info or whatever....Melissa seems to be an early front runner....

Makes ya wanna go.....hmmmmmmmmm
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Newbie

Not sure if this has been brought up,my apologies if it has.I have just watched the video on you tube by Lellis819 'Taking a chance on love'.When it comes to the slideshow of the girls,the 11th girl with the dark bob is definately the girl whose photo was posted on Jason's myspace page by her sister and quickly taken down.Is this the girl that you are all saying is Tina from Corpus Christi? When the comment was posted it fit in with the timeline of F4 possibly F3 and her sister's myspace page has mysteriously dissappeared.

Yes, the lady sitting down in the commercial with a short bob is Tina from Texas. She is currently rumored to be F1 or F2 from the other forum.

I agree with the adventure comment--why not do it if you can get away from work and want to try something new? I don't think every participant is dying to be famous. If opportunities arise down the line, if they meet the right people, if they decide they want to do more in front of the cameras, I can understand that. The only real certainty is they're willing to be in front of the cameras for extended periods (something I personally would find difficult).

However, there is a brand of contestant who I think harbors not just an idle fantasy of being in showbiz, but is actively trying to break in any way they can. Unfortunately, a lot of pageant queens, cheerleaders, and models fall into this category (though not all.) They adore the spotlight. A lot of them also major in communications, which leads to broadcasting/marketing/PR type day jobs, while they secretly hope to become the next Katy Couric -- or should I say Deanna Pappas! Heh! Or, probably the best example considering reality TV, Elizabeth Hasselback.

I just hope Jason gets a wide variety of contestants, ones who are willing to move to Seattle, willing to be an insta-mom, and not desperate for the spotlight. I love seeing doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, etc. in the cast, not so much the cheerleaders, but Trista was a cheerleader and I liked Jennie, too (also a cheerleader who is now settling down--I don't think she's pursuing a Hollywood career of any kind, anyway).

So I guess I'm saying that while I can make generalizations about people's motives, the people are individuals, so I try not to discount any contestant based on their day job or pageant experience (though it's tough sometimes!).
    Last edited by snooky; 12-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3244594;
    BLOOMERS - excellent post and you have hit the nail on the head - thank you. I can speak from experience on this one and agree that ADVENTURE is one of the biggest lures - doing something sooo different and full of so many possibilities - and the fun of doing it - not for the publicity or the possibility of fame. It was a once in a life-time experience that I refer to - that will never be forgotten and resulted in a fantastic life and future. The exposure faded quickly - as it was not wanted after the fact - and life is wonderful these days. Many of the contestants of this show - and shows like it - most actually - have faded back into anonymity - back to real life
    Capegal.......were you a contestant on the show? If so, which season?

Nope - not a contestant LOL - but very close to one who was on another reality show
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Capegal
    There are obviously those who go on the show for the "exposure" and we can easily see who they are. The others are looking for adventure, something to disrupt the obvious path that their life is taking. Through the concentrated efforts of the casting company, this opportunity presents itself. Then I think the decision is obvious. Take a chance...what's the worst thing that could happen? They just might meet someone amazing.....but more likely they will make a lot of new friends. What's so terrible about that?

Quote Originally Posted by nuffced;3245244;
    Capegal
    There are obviously those who go on the show for the "exposure" and we can easily see who they are. The others are looking for adventure, something to disrupt the obvious path that their life is taking. Through the concentrated efforts of the casting company, this opportunity presents itself. Then I think the decision is obvious. Take a chance...what's the worst thing that could happen? They just might meet someone amazing.....but more likely they will make a lot of new friends. What's so terrible about that?
    NUFFCED - back at ya - I completely agree - nothing ventured - nothing gained. Sometimes there is whole lot to gain and it ends up well worth it
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by nuffced;3245244;
    Capegal

The "blowback," if you will, arises on this and other boards in response to rapturous, over the top comments by posters pretending that we are all about to watch some actual forever love story unfold.

While bizarrely and pathologically devoted to debunking the above myth, I see nothing terrible AT ALL about individuals choosing to go on the show for ANY reason, including incidentally to become famous, to promote a book, a cause, a website, fancy ski gloves or whatever. Tis the way of the world, and none of that detracts from the "entertainment" that is presented.

Stupid producer lies and manipulations and debasing, sexist storylines detract from the entertainment potential of the tired, old format most of all. The format is spent, s-p-e-n-t. Like having Izzy on Grey's Anatomy have s@$ with a ghost. Spent.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3245555;
    The "blowback," if you will, arises on this and other boards in response to rapturous, over the top comments by posters pretending that we are all about to watch some actual forever love story unfold.

While bizarrely and pathologically devoted to debunking the above myth, I see nothing terrible AT ALL about individuals choosing to go on the show for ANY reason, including incidentally to become famous, to promote a book, a cause, a website, fancy ski gloves or whatever. Tis the way of the world, and none of that detracts from the "entertainment" that is presented.

Stupid producer lies and manipulations and debasing, sexist storylines detract from the entertainment potential of the tired, old format most of all. The format is spent, s-p-e-n-t. Like having Izzy on Grey's Anatomy have s@$ with a ghost. Spent.
    SPENT

Still there are
    People watching and hoping
    Eager with anticipation
    Never realizing the
    Truth about this show.
    Sorry....couldn't resist