Page 1 of 210 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Time for a new thread.

Posts regarding your thoughts and comments in general belong here so we can keep the "Spoilers/Screencap Analysis' thread dedicated to actual screencap analysis and trying to determine the elimination order of the girls.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;2957619;
    2) Haha palm tree comment...no there are no palm trees anywhere over here
    Not true. After that comment by Shayne, I searched online. Forestry.gov.uk has links to some.

Just google palm tree england (images not web), there are hundreds of pictures. Mostly in Cornwall near Penzance, but even in (western) Scotland!
    Here are some:

Peckham (South London Borough)

Scotland!
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Ah, thread # 3 for thoughts and comments. A great place for my final one on THIS Bachelor - Given Chelsea's edit, esp the whole clothes changing thing - She's F2. So yes The SHAYNE SHOW is supposed to be our love story. I'm gone - NO MORE BACHELOR for me.

I loved Deanna, will watch her show, but if things start to go the way of this show, I'll feel super bad for her again and stop watching. Too painful.

I understand these are reality shows, but I still expect to get some REALITY and a LOVE STORY out of it.

Everybody left watching and putting their time into B12 remember to just enjoy yourselves and not worry so much about someone else's fav or opinion, it's already been decided, our input/thoughts/hopes/wishes are moot.

Happy Sleuthing - Let's go DeDe

Great find!! Now, we should let Shayne and Matt know!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2958675;
    I have said all along that there was a reshoot of the proposal - there are WAY too many inconsistencies...the sideburns, the flowers and maybe if I get bored enough I will play around with the shadows to really decide...
    Given the surprise revelation of the proposal, it may have been added after the FRC. Have at it!

But note the FRC pics are the ones that are routinely flipped. So check for that too. Matt's look was off in the first proposal pic released. I attributed that to the flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHaze;2958700;
    I think highly of Shayne. She's my fave. I'm just wondering at the inconsistencies in some things. I just wonder if he gave out the Final rose with no proposal, they hang out a few days, realize they are meant to be together, he proposes, TPTB get wind of it, they reshoot with proposal intact. ????????? Sounds plausible?
    Very. Fleiss would do just that if he heard about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by seannaleigh;2958740;
    So i tried to catch up as much as i could in this thread, not sure if this has been brought up or even maybe dead issue now BUT-the screen cap of the SILVER bracelets and the ring has got to be Shayne ( which i hope it is because i love her) My reasoning is, Chelsea is wearing GOLD shoes and has gold tones in her dress, so why would she wear silver bangle bracelets... a total no-no in the fashion world. If she had any fashion sense shed wear gold bangles since she is in all gold tones. Just a thought, sorry if this has already been discussed. What do you all think? If Shayne dosent win, i hope shes the next bachelorette! That would be great!!!

Seanna
    Nice catch and welcome. Something like that has been mentioned. But there's also the issue of the gift bag. The jewelry could be part of that. On-screen time for each of the contents could have been negotiated.

(Not that I think Chelsea wins.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cape;2958968;
    After last season's disaster I would think Fleiss would have played up a proposal all he could...but he didn't until last week...

I think there was a proposal after the fact - either paid for or begged for - and it was reshot...Matt's sideburns are different at the FRC...there were definately two shoots of it...
    But as a reshoot could only have occured within a month or so after the FRC (which was around the first of March), His hair wouldn't have grown noticably. So any longer hair shots would be originals.

We need to compare publicity tour shots of Matt. Especially those taken just before and during airing, rather than those from January.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Regular

Just a few thoughts:

I just remembered that on the HTD, Lorenzo told Shayne something along the lines of how Matt likes...HER--it was just emphasized as though it was already settled between the two men, even if they could not say it directly on camera. I was just thinking that maybe Matt had already made up his mind from the HTDs.

On another note, I am a firm believer that Shayne is going to be the F1. Although an FRC between Amanda and Shayne would probably be a little harder to tell, I still think that Shayne would end up being the F1 regardless. Either the way that Matt and Shayne do interact, or the editing but I still get that more natural relationship vibe coming from the Matt/Shayne side of the show when compared to Matt/Chelsea. However, I don't think we as viewers cannot put much past this Bachelor since he has surprised us a lot as it is. Plus I believe that the edit that Chelsea gets is not exactly F1 material, I could be wrong, but I think Shayne's "redemption" edit is much more respectable (I am referring to Chelsea having the cat fight in the house, not so much the fantasy date controversy'). If I were a guy, I would think twice about choosing a woman who would have that kind of attitude but that is just my opinion.

Finally, after reading some of the posts on other forums, I really do feel bad for the way that Amanda is being characterized by other board users. I think any woman, not just on this show, deserves to be honest with a guy, especially after being not so much hurt but in a way, unsettled by the whole situation. I don't think it is fair for her character to be judged (once again, not on here but on other boards that I have been on) just because she said some things that were out of anger than anything else. She was not my favorite contestant, but I think she still held her own relatively well in letting the guy know that telling someone one thing and doing the complete opposite does not only lower respectability but it is somewhat selfish too. I agree that in this situation, someone will get hurt simply because no one likes to be told that they are eliminated but I don't think you should try to bring up someone's hopes if you dont have any faith in it yourself. I think in her Diaries of the Departed, she explained how Matt had expressed that he wished he had two more weeks, but in reality I think even she knew that whether it was two more hours or two more weeks, if the connection (for lack of a better word) is not there now, it will never be there.

*shrugs* Just as I stated earlier, these are simply some of my thoughts after perusing the internet and looking up stuff about show.

After watching the show the girls are now saying they wish they had been more open with Matt.....they are probably seeing how Shayne and he interact.

Shayne is cute as a button ( the camera loves her) and seems like such a fun girl . I can see why Matt fell head over heels with her.....and I was an Amanda fan! Hopefully she won't get hurt by Matt.
    Last edited by IvoryMist; 04-30-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Wow exceptional job of find palm trees in the UK, Zinnia!

In terms of wondering why Matt may have a difference to his hair in the screencaps ~ remember last season when I found widow's peak on each side of Brad's head in the FRC pics, but then with the F2 girls it was gone. I wonder if they film the Bachelor earlier ~ maybe a day before for the FRC ~ kind of like a dress rehearsal in which they can also get photos of the Bachelor at the podium. That could be done the day that he shops for rings. Anyway, there were definite widow's peak (hair on the sides) on Brad's head in photos by himself, and then it was shaved off when photographed with the women ~ which may have indicated a haircut between photo sessions.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2959563;
    Wow exceptional job of find palm trees in the UK, Zinnia!

In terms of wondering why Matt may have a difference to his hair in the screencaps ~ remember last season when I found widow's peak on each side of Brad's head in the FRC pics, but then with the F2 girls it was gone. I wonder if they film the Bachelor earlier ~ maybe a day before for the FRC ~ kind of like a dress rehearsal in which they can also get photos of the Bachelor at the podium. That could be done the day that he shops for rings. Anyway, there were definite widow's peak (hair on the sides) on Brad's head in photos by himself, and then it was shaved off when photographed with the women ~ which may have indicated a haircut between photo sessions.
    I remember that about Brad--I was thinking the same thing Blondie--I bet they did a rehearsal of sorts with Matt which would explain why his sideburns may be a little longer--makes perfect sense!

As far as the palm trees go, I doubt the fact that there are palm trees in the UK is exactly common knowledge. So the premise of the debate still stands imo. This is just a logical conclusion because:

a) Some people have labeled Shayne as unintelligent because she asked the question in the first place.
    The defense of that argument is "Well there are palm trees in the UK. So the question isn't that inane."

b) She answered in the affirmative when he asked her "You know there aren't any palm trees in London right?"

If you use the reasoning in (a) then what reason does one give for (b)?

Just an observation, I'm not debating whether or not there are palm trees in the UK or not [that question has been answered]...lol - only pointing out that just because there are really doesn't mean anything in the context of the argument, her intelligence or lack therof. I personally did not know there were, but the collective world view would be that there aren't.

Oh my.... I doubt any of that made any sense whatsoever...

Quite frankly I think she seemed relieved when he said "You just play at being blonde don't you?" and then answered the question for her.

I noticed that he finally called her his "little monkey" on screen - both references prior have been dubbed in. Once after their HTD as she's walking him out, and the second a VO in Sun Valley. So they went back and added them.