Page 51 of 210 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2098

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

  1. #501
    FORT Fogey longhornalum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Back in the Midwest
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2964586;
    I think it would be positively mental to be certain about anything at this point except perhaps about the certainty that being certain about anything is a mental state that defies all knowledge.
    Or more simply put: the definition of a concrete mind is one that is all mixed up and firmly set.

  2. #502
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in the firmament
    Posts
    25

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2964612;
    Or more simply put: the definition of a concrete mind is one that is all mixed up and firmly set.
    I am so with you and Ms. Froggy!

  3. #503

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2964475;
    Amanda did an indepth and very enlightening interview yesterday.
    It was very frank and I don't think she was saying anything based on what she believed TPTB's perceptions.

    In the interview, she said that she was surprised she received the FIR as she and Matt had hardly talked at all at the Meet and Greet and that she only had a 2 second convo with him at that first meeting when she walked in.
    She viewed the FIR as a negative because in the following few RC, she said she didn't have any time with him and he justified it by saying it was because Matt knew he was going to give her a rose. She said it was negative because the other girls got to spend time with him and have convos, whereas with her and Matt it was all based on look.

    Concerning her elimination: She said at first she was shocked and angry, but the next day realized she really had not opened up and could not be herself because she was so worried about everything else. She understood why he let her go saying you can't get engaged to a girl that is so guarded.

    Very interesting interview. Clearly shows her perceptions were that things were just starting in the "getting to know you phase" by the time of the FD and not the "getting to be more intimate stage".
    The part I bolded makes me suspicious and thinking that maybe Fleiss made Matt choose Amanda for FIR?

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,897

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2964475;
    Concerning her elimination: She said at first she was shocked and angry, but the next day realized she really had not opened up and could not be herself because she was so worried about everything else. She understood why he let her go saying you can't get engaged to a girl that is so guarded.

    Very interesting interview. Clearly shows her perceptions were that things were just starting in the "getting to know you phase" by the time of the FD and not the "getting to be more intimate stage".
    Except that at the WTA she tells him that she thought they were going to get engaged. Why would she think that?

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2964770;
    The part I bolded makes me suspicious and thinking that maybe Fleiss made Matt choose Amanda for FIR?
    I think Fleiss told him who not to give it to....i.e. Chels or Shayne

  6. #506

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2964779;
    I think Fleiss told him who not to give it to....i.e. Chels or Shayne
    Just curious, but why told not to give it to Chelsea or Shayne? Are you saying because they are the F2 and it would be too obvious? Fleiss didn't know who the F2 were at that time. . . Maybe he wanted Matt to give it to Amanda knowing she had the meeps and since he just loved the "meeps" for a storyline, he'd make Matt keep Amanda to the F4 or F3 whether he wanted to or not.. Maybe I'm thinking too much and Matt really thought she was a great gal at first impression in the few minutes they had with each other..
    Last edited by candimichele; 05-02-2008 at 02:42 PM.

  7. #507
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    47

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2964779;
    I think Fleiss told him who not to give it to....i.e. Chels or Shayne
    Continuing that thought, even if nothing was preordained, maybe he was just told to give FIR to someone he liked, but not to his strongest preference(s.)

  8. #508
    ~History Buff~ mommyof2poodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Age
    58
    Posts
    561

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2964770;
    The part I bolded makes me suspicious and thinking that maybe Fleiss made Matt choose Amanda for FIR?
    That is what I said in my post that Kash responded to, that you responded to her. I think it was Fleiss's idea in hind sight. In othe words, althought I think he was attracted to her in some way, it was Fleiss that manufactured what we thought. Matt fed Amanda lines that Fleiss told him to feed her. I have become very cynical about this season.

    I think he wanted to use her Meeps and the only way to do that was to bring as close to the end as possible.

    I really think it is Shayne. So, I am interested to find if the Chelsea story is anywhere near real or not.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

  9. #509
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2964784;
    Just curious, but why told not to give it to Chelsea or Shayne? Are you saying because they are the F2 and it would be too obvious? Fleiss didn't know who the F2 were at that time. . . Maybe he wanted Matt to give it to Amanda knowing she had the meeps and since he just loved the "meeps" for a storyline, he'd make Matt keep Amanda to the F4 or F3 whether he wanted to or not.. Maybe I'm thinking too much and Matt really thought she was a great gal at first impression in the few minutes they had with each other..

    I know it's been said in the past that the bachelor was warned whoever gets the FIR also gets a target put on her back....which may indicate he wouldn't want to do this to someone he knew he'd be taking to the end. Brad said he knew Deanna would be the one night 1 (if he chose her) and yet he gave it to Jenni. just my thoughts.

  10. #510
    ~History Buff~ mommyof2poodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Age
    58
    Posts
    561

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2964776;
    Except that at the WTA she tells him that she thought they were going to get engaged. Why would she think that?
    Maybe Matt is good enough of an actor to pull off the body language with Amanda. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that Fleiss told him exactly how to play Amanda. He needed her to stay for several reasons. I think that is why Matt looked so hurt when she called him a douchebag. I think maybe that is the only time there was real emotion with her from him. That really hurt him but, I think he deserved it. I think that was the first time he realized how far he had gone and felt bad.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.