Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2959598;
    I noticed when I watched the previews AGAIN last night, that we see water behind Chels when she arrives to the podium, but behind Shayne are flowers, no water. And when you look at the SCs of him standing at the podium there only appears to be greenery behind him. I'll have to go look at all the SCs again, including whether Shayne's hair is up or down in the mirror pics.

One other thought - I think Amanda was to stay to F2 but once Chels decided to 'get romantic' she was switched out with Amanda, but Shayne was always going to be F1, and I suspect he knew by the HTDs - maybe even before that.
    From the way the show has been edited, I think he knew from day one or before because it was pre-arranged. I'm not saying she may not have been his choosen one anyway, because he may be falling in love with her, only time will tell. But, this was all pre-planned, regardless.

Let's face it. The other girls were not given a chance for Matt to really get to know them. That is what made this season such a joke.

What upsets me more, is the fact TPTB actually thought we would just accept it. It's to bad, Fleiss didn't just allow things to go their normal course on an even playing field. The results may have been the same but at least then it would be believeable.
    Last edited by rdytogo; 04-30-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Just out of curiosity, had Shayne or Chelsea dare utter the DB word, I can only imagine the board's reaction, LOL. Amanda was maybe led on and hurt and maybe even heart broken since she thought they were getting married (too naive on her part if you ask me) but she wasn't the first, nor the last to go through a rejection. Bettina and Danielle come to mind and they had such a classy exit. I don't think that I can say the same about Amanda's.
    There, I said it . I guess that I'm just amazed that people aren't outraged about the name calling. I guess DeAnna really set the bar too high for me. Because of all the bachelorettes, she went through the hardest rejection and yet never uttered a bad word about Brad!

I am bringing this over from the other thread. DeAnna did say in the limo that she should have called him an idiot, lol! I think their whole conversation was just rushed. He rejected her and then basically told her that that he had to take her to the limo right now! If DeAnna had the opportunity to sit down on a bench and question Brad like Amanda had questioned Matt, then there is no doubt in my mind she would have called him something, lol! Both DeAnna and Amanda are very strong women and I think they both speak their minds. But you know, Amanda did appear on The Ellen Show today and took the high road and said nice things about Matt. Apparently Matt does not do the same (i.e. his remarks ridiculing her meeps during his radio interview). So Amanda lost her cool in one brief moment where she was hearing some devastating news that is understandable...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2959822;
    I am bringing this over from the other thread. DeAnna did say in the limo that she should have called him an idiot, lol! I think their whole conversation was just rushed. He rejected her and then basically told her that that he had to take her to the limo right now! If DeAnna had the opportunity to sit down on a bench and question Brad like Amanda had questioned Matt, then there is no doubt in my mind she would have called him something, lol! Both DeAnna and Amanda are very strong women and I think they both speak their minds. But you know, Amanda did appear on The Ellen Show today and took the high road and said nice things about Matt. Apparently Matt does not do the same (i.e. his remarks ridiculing her meeps during his radio interview). So Amanda lost her cool in one brief moment where she was hearing some devastating news that is understandable...

OOO I like the way you said that - thank you

Amanda is a very classy gal - and has handled herself in that way thru out the show - 'edited' that way as well.

Her appearance on Ellen really shows alot about her - she didn't bash Matt in any way - actually gave him a compliment of sorts. I am sure that the 20-somethings would be attracted to him - he does have that charisma that many would love. I don't dislike the guy - in fact - I initially thought he was one of the best bachelors. But absolutely didn't like the manner in which Amanda was let go - even tho I KNOW that 1 has to leave F3. From her comments in Diaries and on Ellen - it seems that he certainly gave her reason to believe something was truly there between them.
    Last edited by Capegal; 04-30-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2959827;
    OOO I like the way you said that - thank you

Amanda is a very classy gal - and has handled herself in that way thru out the show - 'edited' that way as well.

Her appearance on Ellen really shows alot about her - she didn't bash Matt in any way - actually gave him a compliment of sorts. I am sure that the 20-somethings would be attracted to him - he does have that charisma that many would love. I don't dislike the guy - in fact - I initially thought he was one of the best bachelors. But absolutely didn't like the manner in which Amanda was let go - even tho I KNOW that 1 has to leave F3. From her comments in Diaries and on Ellen - it seems that he certainly gave her reason to believe something was truly there between them.

yeah..she was like oh chelsea is going b/c she knew she was in....and i dont really think she has that big of an ego, so i am thinking he had to have said SOMETHING or whatever went on, made her have NO DOUBTS going into that ceremony....

interesting....they kept touting this season as bringing us back on board...i wonder why then no after the final rose and then them rushing deanna's season???
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;2959840;
    [/B]

interesting....they kept touting this season as bringing us back on board...i wonder why then no after the final rose and then them rushing deanna's season???
    OOO gaud - even the thought of ATFR makes me queasy LOL - we have had ENUF of the 'love story' - time to move on LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I haven't had time to read all the posts this morning but has anyone seen Amanda's extended exit interview on the ABC website? I find it VERY interesting that right at the very end, before it cuts off that she says, "Maybe he'll become an actor or something." Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by cubsgirl;2959848;
    I haven't had time to read all the posts this morning but has anyone seen Amanda's extended exit interview on the ABC website? I find it VERY interesting that right at the very end, before it cuts off that she says, "Maybe he'll become an actor or something." Any thoughts?
    I think Amanda is very intelligent......and Fleiss thinks his viewing audience is stupid, shame on him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shayne and/or Matt make a couple of cameo appearances on some ABC tv.....I remember when Rachel (For Love or Money) appeared on How I met your Mother (I think that was the show)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2959765;
    I understand what you're saying. I realize this is a reality TV show but, before this season anyhow, I felt like we were all contributing our efforts towards something somewhat legitimate. This season has felt like anything but a contrived effort on the part of Fleiss to showcase his neighbour's daughter and has not only left a really bad taste in my mouth but a real feeling of disappointment as well. As though it was all a waste of time.
    I agree about the disappointment. Until now, I felt like what I really wanted to see on this show was a love story-- I thought that if they showed us a love story, even if it was obvious (think Mary/Byron), then it would be a great show. But I'm really not feeling the show this year, and in particular, I find I'm not as invested as I've been in the past, even though Chelsea is ultimately my favorite and still alive. I miss the suspense of the finale, which I think we cracked two weeks ago. In past seasons, in the week leading up to the finale, I remember scrutinizing every screencap, sun angle, freckle, and shadow trying to convince myself that one or the other really was the F1. The spoilers forum that week has been the FORT at its creative (and educational) best, with sleuthers going above and beyond to try to prove one thing or another, and you could feel a collective sense of determination and excitement which is missing these days. It's almost like Fleiss made it too easy in an attempt to win us all back, and in doing so, it's less satisfying. There is a thin line between giving us too much or too little, and he just didn't strike it this year. Or something. Maybe it's the competitor in me, but I really miss the thrill of the chase.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 04-30-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;2959840;
    [/B]

yeah..she was like oh chelsea is going b/c she knew she was in....and i dont really think she has that big of an ego, so i am thinking he had to have said SOMETHING or whatever went on, made her have NO DOUBTS going into that ceremony....

Maybe they were talking about DeAnna's season when they said that, lol!

In some ways what else are they going to say? Don't bother watching the show because it is a train wreck w/a predetermined ending? I guess they thought just because there was an engagement that it would be enough to appease us? There is a huge part of the audience that is not buying it this year...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2959846;
    OOO gaud - even the thought of ATFR makes me queasy LOL - we have had ENUF of the 'love story' - time to move on LOL
    Well, if there is one, I certainly wouldn't watch it. I have seen enough of the Shayne and Matt love story to last me a lifetime (or until they breakup, whichever one comes first ). And, I most certainly don't want to have to watch all of Chelsea's pain and heartache. I already feel just awful for her knowing what is ahead...