Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197198199200201202203204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2098

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

  1. #2061
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    40

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;3004499;
    Yeah, right now Matt is looking like just another accessory for Shayne. Let's see, she now has her top 6 list: cars, watches, shoes, sunglasses, handbags, and British fiances.

    I mean, Matt is going to have to do something productive w/his life besides go grocery shopping w/Shayne and help her walk her dog. A few months ago he was a successful banker from England, now he is just in limbo. Plus, I don't know how he (or Shayne for that matter) are going to find steady income by living a month in LA, a month in London, a month in NY. I know a lot of Hollywood actors and actresses live like that, but they are very successful and have made millions doing what they do, so that is why they have multiple homes around the world.

    I don't know, I guess it is just going to be interesting sitting back and seeing how all of this works out.

    ETA: I must have missed something, when did Shayne Lamas become Shayne Dahl Lamas?
    I don’t believe this “true love vs. the big fix” debate will be settled any time soon; however, something I just learned may be helpful in shedding some light to those who are concerned about the financial well being of this newly anointed couple.

    We were in a dinner party last night and with, her impeccable timing my wife managed to turn a major portion of our conversation for the evening on The Bachelor. (I really hated when she did that; it was like waving a cigarette in front of a guy who try to quit smoking.) Any way, one of our friend, who happens to be a lawyer and has done substantial amount of legal work within the entertainment industry, revealed something very interesting.

    According to her, Trista and Ryan Sutter signed a contract with ABC/Disney and grossed $1 million for their televised wedding, substantially higher than the $15 thousands they each received for the show. Of course, they were able to command such a package because their season was highly successful and both remained enormously popular even after the season ended. And as a shareholder of Disney stock at the time, I must add that they really did me proud (from a profit standpoint). Nevertheless, they were exposed to huge legal and financial liability should they failed to make it to the altar after the contract was signed.

    We agreed in our speculation that Matt and Shayne have been probably seeking a similar (if not better) deal. That may answer the question of how they will support themselves. In fact, Matt’s answer to Ellen that they plan on settling in LA (despite her contention) now makes sense because the dollar goes a longer way in California than in London where they would lose in foreign exchange ($1 million = only ₤500,000) and in cost of living because the UK capital has the highest cost of living among all major cities in the world. I guess his experience as a “global financier” really comes in handy.

    If this is indeed the true scenario, then a few “monkey wrenches” (no puns intended) may have muddled the picture. First, the lackluster ratings of the season and the polarizing effect of the couple may be ABC/Disney’s leverage in giving them a less than optimal deal. Second, her recent assistance in Joe Francis’ financial well being may even jeopardize the whole deal all together as evidenced by the abrupt end to all promotional/publicity appearances.

    In any event, as an ongoing shareholder of Disney stock, now I have found myself in the dubious position of having a vested albeit indirect interest in the nuptial of these two. Oh what tangled webs we have weaved for ourselves.

  2. #2062
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    322

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobie;3004650;
    I don’t believe this “true love vs. the big fix” debate will be settled any time soon; however, something I just learned may be helpful in shedding some light to those who are concerned about the financial well being of this newly anointed couple.

    We were in a dinner party last night and with, her impeccable timing my wife managed to turn a major portion of our conversation for the evening on The Bachelor. (I really hated when she did that; it was like waving a cigarette in front of a guy who try to quit smoking.) Any way, one of our friend, who happens to be a lawyer and has done substantial amount of legal work within the entertainment industry, revealed something very interesting.

    According to her, Trista and Ryan Sutter signed a contract with ABC/Disney and grossed $1 million for their televised wedding, substantially higher than the $15 thousands they each received for the show. Of course, they were able to command such a package because their season was highly successful and both remained enormously popular even after the season ended. And as a shareholder of Disney stock at the time, I must add that they really did me proud (from a profit standpoint). Nevertheless, they were exposed to huge legal and financial liability should they failed to make it to the altar after the contract was signed.

    We agreed in our speculation that Matt and Shayne have been probably seeking a similar (if not better) deal. That may answer the question of how they will support themselves. In fact, Matt’s answer to Ellen that they plan on settling in LA (despite her contention) now makes sense because the dollar goes a longer way in California than in London where they would lose in foreign exchange ($1 million = only ₤500,000) and in cost of living because the UK capital has the highest cost of living among all major cities in the world. I guess his experience as a “global financier” really comes in handy.

    If this is indeed the true scenario, then a few “monkey wrenches” (no puns intended) may have muddled the picture. First, the lackluster ratings of the season and the polarizing effect of the couple may be ABC/Disney’s leverage in giving them a less than optimal deal. Second, her recent assistance in Joe Francis’ financial well being may even jeopardize the whole deal all together as evidenced by the abrupt end to all promotional/publicity appearances.

    In any event, as an ongoing shareholder of Disney stock, now I have found myself in the dubious position of having a vested albeit indirect interest in the nuptial of these two. Oh what tangled webs we have weaved for ourselves.
    I had read that about Ryan & Trista being paid $1M to televise their wedding way back then. So no secret. You are right about that being a good way for Matt & Shayne to get some money to live on, should they decide to get married. I'm sure they have many fans that would love to see it happen.

  3. #2063
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3004644;
    [/U]

    I agree - it wouldn't matter what magazine she posed in, if the pics were released the day after the FRC aired, she'd be suspect 'cause it would mean that she divulged her winning the Bachelor and was using it for her career.
    The article that was written on the GGW spread was that Shayne did not tell them the outcome of the show....I really feel that the mistake that Shayne is alluding to on her myspace was that the pictures she took, were suppose to come out in august but Joe Francis decided to release them when they knew Shayne won the Bachelor and he thought he could/would capitalize on Shayne being chosen......I think the veil picture would have been used whether Shayne won or not, because if she didn't win it would have been hot girl next door looking for love after she has gotten her heartbroken....

  4. #2064
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    scoobie Trista's contract is on smokinggun. Here are the details of the wedding payment. Your information is correct. In addition to the one million, ABC spent millions more on the wedding itself. The Smoking Gun: Archive
    That wedding took place in 2003. I would assume that the network would pay even more now, due to inflation.

    Second, her recent assistance in Joe Francis’ financial well being may even jeopardize the whole deal all together as evidenced by the abrupt end to all promotional/publicity appearances.

    In any event, as an ongoing shareholder of Disney stock, now I have found myself in the dubious position of having a vested albeit indirect interest in the nuptial of these two. Oh what tangled webs we have weaved for ourselves.
    You make a good point about the lackluster ratings and the GGW scandal having a potential negative impact on ABC's interest in televising the wedding.

    In any event, as an ongoing shareholder of Disney stock, now I have found myself in the dubious position of having a vested albeit indirect interest in the nuptial of these two. Oh what tangled webs we have weaved for ourselves.
    My sympathies. Unless of course, it's televised and the network manages to sell outrageously expensive ads for it. Seventeen million people watched Trista and Ryan's wedding. People like a good wedding. Clink!
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-18-2008 at 12:11 AM.

  5. #2065
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3004666;
    The article that was written on the GGW spread was that Shayne did not tell them the outcome of the show....I really feel that the mistake that Shayne is alluding to on her myspace was that the pictures she took, were suppose to come out in august but Joe Francis decided to release them when they knew Shayne won the Bachelor and he thought he could/would capitalize on Shayne being chosen......I think the veil picture would have been used whether Shayne won or not, because if she didn't win it would have been hot girl next door looking for love after she has gotten her heartbroken....


    Sorry luvlady, but I don't believe that picture could be used either way, just think about it, what would you think if there were pictures released of Chelsea wearing a viel on Tuesday or next month???? she'd be a laughing stock and totally humiliated...... so IMO that veil indicates that she told Francis all about her win and she knew that those pics were going to be released right away - if they were supposed to be released in August, she would have waited awhile before posing.

    Shayne's just sorry about not getting the desired reaction, not that she posed, again JMO
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  6. #2066
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3004686;
    [/U]

    Sorry luvlady, but I don't believe that picture could be used either way, just think about it, what would you think if there were pictures released of Chelsea wearing a viel on Tuesday or next month???? she'd be a laughing stock and totally humiliated...... so IMO that veil indicates that she told Francis all about her win and she knew that those pics were going to be released right away - if they were supposed to be released in August, she would have waited awhile before posing.

    Shayne's just sorry about not getting the desired reaction, not that she posed, again JMO
    Oh I disagree with you.......I absolutely think the veil picture would have been used either way......But the tag would have been different, Shayne wasn't chosen for British Bachelor, but who wouldn't want this hott girl next door, Blah, Blah.......They could have had a field day even if Shayne was the F2......

  7. #2067
    FORT Fogey dodie430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    At this point I couldn't really care less about Matt and Shayne, like people on both sides of the fence - this season's been exhausting. Every little point being debated a thousand times over, and yes I'm guilty as well

    I just wanted to say that to me, pornography is pornography, regardless of the dictionary's definition. I'm not a prude, and couldn't care less if she posed nude, but guys won't be buying GGW for its insightful articles. The pornographic attribution is in its purpose, and its purpose isn't an artistic endeavor. So although it can be a subjective term, with some (your local pastor) labeling it pornographic and others (adult film stars) seeing it as tame/mild, a pornographic ascription is merited by the material's purpose (in my mind anyway).

    Here's hoping they make it and prove us skeptics wrong, because if there is indeed anything between them, I would never truly wish anyone failure, whether I like them or not. True, I have my opinions on the matter, and very strong ones at that - but I really don't wish them ill if they do have some basis for a future.


  8. #2068
    FORT Regular Merritt Andrews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    58

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Also, the way she's now throwing her grandmothers last name into her name, just proves to me that she knows she can't make it on her acting ability alone, she's just trying to make it by using family names and her looks..
    That's what she's been calling herself for the last week.. It's on her myspace now.. in her interviews, Matt even says it, I think he even used it at the FRC.. I guess she thinks it'll get her up the ladder faster..
    That's her full name I imagine she has been using it all her life.....
    No...previously she went by Shayne Lamas....it is only post bachelor that she is throwing in the Dahl
    I'm a Shayne fan, but I don't have any issues with those who don't like her expressing their opinions about her.

    However, can we please stick to the facts? I don't remember seeing any evidence AT ALL that Shayne quit high school, and just a simple google search would show that Shayne has been using "Shayne Dahl Lamas" (at least professionally) since at least 2005:

    WireImage Photos from 2005

  9. #2069
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    232

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlekeeper;3004284;
    Marilyn Monroe was the Anna Nicole Smith of her time, famous for nothing but their body.. Shayne Dahl Lamas is another one that seems to be heading in that direction.. Another Paris Hilton, Anna Nicole Smith wana be.. They all have no real acting skills, but will do anything including using their bodies and looks to get a head, what ever it takes to be known..

    Also, the way she's now throwing her grandmothers last name into her name, just proves to me that she knows she can't make it on her acting ability alone, she's just trying to make it by using family names and her looks..
    A shrewd perspective to the matter would be that "Dahl" is Shayne's legal middle name referred to by Matt during the romantically moment, just as Shayne used Matt's middle name, "Christian".

    Nonetheless, it is good to learn, as your comments do cut both ways, given you believe Shayne such a horrible actress, she would also be the sincere and genuine person Matt attests her to be.

  10. #2070
    FORT Fan Turtlekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    553

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3004686;
    [/U]

    Sorry luvlady, but I don't believe that picture could be used either way, just think about it, what would you think if there were pictures released of Chelsea wearing a viel on Tuesday or next month???? she'd be a laughing stock and totally humiliated...... so IMO that veil indicates that she told Francis all about her win and she knew that those pics were going to be released right away - if they were supposed to be released in August, she would have waited awhile before posing.

    Shayne's just sorry about not getting the desired reaction, not that she posed, again JMO

    Also if no one is supposed to know the out come till after the final airs.. There is NO WAY in he** that they could have printed it all up over night.. for release the next day.. It was all a set up.. they knew she had taken the final rose..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.