Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

  1. #2011
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast Seabreeze
    Posts
    398

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    With all the criticism of Chelsea and her panties, has no one ever questioned Shayne sitting on Matt's lap with a dress up to her a**, and on a first date to boot? How do we know she had underwear on? It seems she keeps her clothes wearing at a minimum.

  2. #2012
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,052

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3002831;
    Ok, I am in no way endorsing GGW, but as far as the issue of Shayne posing nude---come on guys! Marilyn Monroe posed nude over half a century ago---actresses pose nude---so do plenty of other people---get over it already!
    That is what I just don't get. Most of the focus is on the fact that she is nude... COME ON, she is an actress for goodness sakes. If I were going to have a problem with it, I think it would be more with the fact that she is associated with GGW than anything else. Hollywood folks take for more sketchy photos than that that appear in Vanity Fair and people call that "art" and "beautiful"...

  3. #2013
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by ohkayk;3002769;
    The difference is that Shayne's pictures are not the act of sex nor do they depict an act of sex. Pornography is the visually obscene. I haven't seen the pictures but from what has been posted, everything that matters is covered. And remember, Trista did the exact same type of shoot but for a different magazine. I think the main issue is the GGW magazine but if the magazine is so awful, why didn't they just skip Shayne and her tease shots and go for someone like Jenna Jameson? She has a new book out...the timing would've been perfect.
    Pornography doesn't have to depict sexual acts, but any material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal is pornography. From the pictures that have been posted on the various Bachelor websites I would say that they do not qualify as fine art.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  4. #2014
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    She never actually came out and said it on the show but I assumed she dropped out when she left home at 17 unless she was going to a GED program or graduated earlier than her classmates.. *shrugs* If I'm wrong in my assumption,I'd like to apologize for that now.
    Well most high school kids graduates at the age of 17 and leave home, be it college, start their own life or join the military. I didn't hear Shayne say she didn't graduate only she left home at that age and if she was on key in her grades, then she should have.

  5. #2015
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3002831;
    Ok, I am in no way endorsing GGW, but as far as the issue of Shayne posing nude---come on guys! Marilyn Monroe posed nude over half a century ago---actresses pose nude---so do plenty of other people---get over it already!
    Marilyn Monroe is not remembered for her acting skills. She is remembered as a sex goddess who was in a few movies. When you read the ciritiques of her performances, they usually label them fair. Sometimes she was panned.
    Not many people thought she was less than stunning, and she used her body to shear up what is now generally well cited as a very poor self-esteem. She was a gorgeous woman, but she really wasn't much of a movie star, and she certainly wasn't a classic or well respected one at that.

    Your great actresses like Kathyrn Hepburn and Meryl Street, and even younger ones like Julia Roberts do not pose nude, nor do they appear in porn movies.

  6. #2016
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3002916;
    Marilyn Monroe is not remembered for her acting skills. She is remembered as a sex goddess who was in a few movies. When you read the ciritiques of her performances, they usually label them fair. Sometimes she was panned.
    Not many people thought she was less than stunning, and she used her body to shear up what is now generally well cited as a very poor self-esteem. She was a gorgeous woman, but she really wasn't much of a movie star, and she certainly wasn't a classic or well respected one at that.

    Your great actresses like Kathyrn Hepburn and Meryl Street, and even younger ones like Julia Roberts do not pose nude, nor do they appear in porn movies.
    I bet if you ask some young person who is Kathyrn Hepburn and Meryl Street is, they couldn't tell you, but if you asked them who is Marilyn Monroe, they could tell you (I asked my 18 yr old son and he told me) so she must have been much of a movie star and an classic, even to the point a song was written for her.

  7. #2017
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3002916;
    Marilyn Monroe is not remembered for her acting skills. She is remembered as a sex goddess who was in a few movies. When you read the ciritiques of her performances, they usually label them fair. Sometimes she was panned.
    Not many people thought she was less than stunning, and she used her body to shear up what is now generally well cited as a very poor self-esteem. She was a gorgeous woman, but she really wasn't much of a movie star, and she certainly wasn't a classic or well respected one at that.

    Your great actresses like Kathyrn Hepburn and Meryl Street, and even younger ones like Julia Roberts do not pose nude, nor do they appear in porn movies.
    I agree and disagree with you. I like your last paragraph about the great actresses of today, but I'm also a Marilyn fan who once did a paper on her in high school. I see her more of a beauty icon and movie star, but I've seen a lot of her movies and I think she is remembered as a great actress: The River of No Return, The Seven-Year Itch, Bus Stop, and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes are some of my favorites. She acted with some of the leading men of her time. And she had a great singing voice. You're right about her poor self-esteem, but I think she embodies the movie star ideal of a time gone by (and that doesn't even touch on her personal life). When I read about actresses today trying to emulate her, I have to laugh. She was one of a kind, and I don't think any of them can. Thanks for listening - I just had to "defend" Marilyn!

  8. #2018
    FORT Fogey dodie430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3002855;
    That is what I just don't get. Most of the focus is on the fact that she is nude... COME ON, she is an actress for goodness sakes. If I were going to have a problem with it, I think it would be more with the fact that she is associated with GGW than anything else. Hollywood folks take for more sketchy photos than that that appear in Vanity Fair and people call that "art" and "beautiful"...
    Looking back at the comments, I disagree. The majority of posts seem to focus on her choice of venue. The other big issue, and again it's the association of the statement with the particular publication, is when Shayne declared that Girls Gone Wild is about fun and freedom and a way for a girl to express confidence in herself. That's certainly not where I'd want my daughter expressing her confidence (not that I'd want her "expressing her confidence" anywhere else either....lol)

    I doubt that most people around here have a problem with her posing nude, it's where she chose to do it that has created the flak.
    Last edited by dodie430; 05-16-2008 at 09:59 PM.

  9. #2019
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3002855;
    That is what I just don't get. Most of the focus is on the fact that she is nude... COME ON, she is an actress for goodness sakes. If I were going to have a problem with it, I think it would be more with the fact that she is associated with GGW than anything else. Hollywood folks take for more sketchy photos than that that appear in Vanity Fair and people call that "art" and "beautiful"...
    I'm going to repeat what's been said a 100 times but here goes ...

    It's not so much that she posed nude, it's the magazine and that she's friends with the slease-ball owner of the mag.

    Maybe such a big deal wouldn't have been been made if Amanda hadn't been critisized and called classless cause she called Matt a DB and then Chelsea for the panty episode. I think some of us are just pointing out the obvious, Shayne tops them all, including Kelly, who showed everyone her boobs
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  10. #2020
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3003027;
    I'm going to repeat what's been said a 100 times but here goes ...

    It's not so much that she posed nude, it's the magazine and that she's friends with the slease-ball owner of the mag.

    Maybe such a big deal wouldn't have been been made if Amanda hadn't been critisized and called classless cause she called Matt a DB and then Chelsea for the panty episode. I think some of us are just pointing out the obvious, Shayne tops them all, including Kelly, who showed everyone her boobs
    I haven't posted (or read) much on this board over the last couple of weeks because I dislike the bashing that was going on.

    However, I wanted to hop on and this post, northernviewer!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.