Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

  1. #1031
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;2978060;
    Now that we are down to the finalists I have suddenly gained respect for Brad because he was honest enough to admit that he just wasn't that into either one of them. He seemed to enjoy himself, but had the integrity to take it no further than what he was feeling.

    The show is called THE BACHELOR and if the guy isn't a confirmed bachelor going into it, he certainly becomes one upon leaving it. I know, I know ...some of them eventually get married, but they leave that environment thinking that there isn't a woman alive who wouldn't throw herself at him and he now has the skills to handle multiple partners at any given time. After an experience like that how can any man think that beautiful hot women aren't a dime a dozen.

    Chelsea is the reason that I have followed this season. She is so unpredictable in her look, which goes from drop dead gorgeous to total tomboy, and her mood swings, where she has shown her full range of emotions...........Chelsea, why not tell us what you're really thinking!

    Maybe it's because of generations of in-breeding among the actors in Shayne's family tree, but everything about her seems to be an act. Every sentence she utters gives me the feeling that it was rehearsed and maybe even shot a few times to get the right inflection. The close ups are too well lit and the camera angles are just a little too flattering. Another poster went on to say how much she liked her clothes....which all look to me as if they were made from over-sized pillow cases either belted or given plunging necklines....for the most part not particularly flattering....and all available on a website posted on another board. I don't think she's evil, I just think she is way too caught up in how she wants to appear.

    Again...the "appearence" is more important...that is the "red carpet" approach to life. Seems it is the life she knows and wants, and obviously if Matt is looking for that as well, he chooses her.

    And I agree about her "speech" patterns, they seem rehearsed, her constant dragging out of words, and "breathy" speech tone...makes be wanted to gag!

  2. #1032
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Also, that avatar of M&S kissing with that tangle of over-bleached hair is enough to make me hurl!


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  3. #1033
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,407

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR;2977910;
    Anders
    just saw this posted in another thread-The only day open on ABC schedule would be May 27 for them to the ATFR-so it still might happen
    thanks Nas - maybe......besides if they really wanted to they could pull a re-run and replace it with AFRC, by the end of May I'm sure all the finale's would've aired....I know some have already (Cold Case on CBS for example, Scrubs on NBC is this week)

  4. #1034
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;2978060;
    Now that we are down to the finalists I have suddenly gained respect for Brad because he was honest enough to admit that he just wasn't that into either one of them. He seemed to enjoy himself, but had the integrity to take it no further than what he was feeling.

    The show is called THE BACHELOR and if the guy isn't a confirmed bachelor going into it, he certainly becomes one upon leaving it. I know, I know ...some of them eventually get married, but they leave that environment thinking that there isn't a woman alive who wouldn't throw herself at him and he now has the skills to handle multiple partners at any given time. After an experience like that how can any man think that beautiful hot women aren't a dime a dozen.

    Chelsea is the reason that I have followed this season. She is so unpredictable in her look, which goes from drop dead gorgeous to total tomboy, and her mood swings, where she has shown her full range of emotions...........Chelsea, why not tell us what you're really thinking!

    Maybe it's because of generations of in-breeding among the actors in Shayne's family tree, but everything about her seems to be an act. Every sentence she utters gives me the feeling that it was rehearsed and maybe even shot a few times to get the right inflection. The close ups are too well lit and the camera angles are just a little too flattering. Another poster went on to say how much she liked her clothes....which all look to me as if they were made from over-sized pillow cases either belted or given plunging necklines....for the most part not particularly flattering....and all available on a website posted on another board. I don't think she's evil, I just think she is way too caught up in how she wants to appear.
    I agree, and have mentioned in a post (not sure which thread) that this could also explain all of her grammatical mistakes, some could be line screwups. On the slopes she said "can you hold up with me", she should have "keep up" - did she screw up her lines, or does she just not the correct expression? that's a pretty simple one though, how could you not know that expression???
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  5. #1035
    FORT Fogey Cailg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,705

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;2978109;
    I agree, and have mentioned in a post (not sure which thread) that this could also explain all of her grammatical mistakes, some could be line screwups. On the slopes she said "can you hold up with me", she should have "keep up" - did she screw up her lines, or does she just not the correct expression? that's a pretty simple one though, how could you not know that expression???
    Until you mentioned it, I didn't even take the "can you hold up with me" to be anything. Doesn't sound to me like it had anything to do with lines.

  6. #1036
    Frequent FORT SLEURKER AFrankR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    349

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;2978109;
    I agree, and have mentioned in a post (not sure which thread) that this could also explain all of her grammatical mistakes, some could be line screwups. On the slopes she said "can you hold up with me", she should have "keep up" - did she screw up her lines, or does she just not the correct expression? that's a pretty simple one though, how could you not know that expression???
    It should have been "can you PUT up with me?"

  7. #1037
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2978129;
    Until you mentioned it, I didn't even take the "can you hold up with me" to be anything. Doesn't sound to me like it had anything to do with lines.
    Have you ever heard somebody say "hold up" instead of "keep up"? I haven't. Sounds like she got the expressions mixed up, like she knew it was an "up" word
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  8. #1038
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    I thought it odd that during March 11-ish interviews Matt gave meaningless, empty response to the question about "where will the happy couple live" -- obviously this would be a central dramatic element of the casting of a Brit in the lead role of Bachelor. A real couple would be expected to discuss it, and make an interim plan to sort out how and where they will move forward together. More than the answer he gave, which was along the lines of "all we have to do is talk about it." Ohh-kaay. Easy as pie. Just ... talk about it!

    In hindsight, I found this answer even more shallow and fake, when we received the surprising news that as of March 11, the couple had decided to marry.

    So, to my real point, now after 2 months of daily phone calls and constant rendezvous, judging from his teleconference, the couple has apparently made zero progress toward a resolution of the "how shall we be together" question.

    Maybe there is a great and wonderful secret about to be presented to us next week ... an imminent marriage, moving back to London, Shayne at his side.

    But -- no offense to Bamabrain -- I don't predict a wedding.

    This is a fake romance.

  9. #1039
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;2978134;
    It should have been "can you PUT up with me?"
    - good think I had finished chewing my mouthful of salad, or I'm sure I would have choked
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  10. #1040
    FORT Fogey Cailg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,705

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;2978137;
    Have you ever heard somebody say "hold up" instead of "keep up"? I haven't. Sounds like she got the expressions mixed up, like she knew it was an "up" word
    Yes, I have mixed up words like that, and am not an actress but a reasonably intelligent person. Not everyone can be perfect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.