Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Re: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2980910;
    I know what you mean. That struck me as odd. Only the week before she was whining about being used to 'receiving thousands of roses' and something along the lines of 'do you think I need to do this, stand off to the side, compete for a man?' Then she is appeased for her temper tantrum, which was apparently a turn off to him, with a 1 on 1 to the winery, where she gets drunk and can hardly walk or see straight. That's making the most of your 1 on 1 time where you really need to convince this guy that you're really not in touch with your inner toddler but a mature adult who is ready for marriage. Then, suddenly, a few days later she's miss matchmaker?

QUACK!!!!
    I agree Lynn -nothing about her makes any sense, way too many contradictions in her actions. It's also funny that despite all the shots we got of her being the so-called peacekeeper in the house, none of the girls had much to say about her, they still all liked Amanda, Noelle and Chelsea and thought Matt would like them better too.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;2980915;
    I agree Lynn -nothing about her makes any sense, way too many contradictions in her actions. It's also funny that despite all the shots we got of her being the so-called peacekeeper in the house, none of the girls had much to say about her, they still all liked Amanda, Noelle and Chelsea and thought Matt would like them better too.
    I've read quite a few articles where the girls have said they liked shayne alot, and that she was a great girl. And, there have been some that said that they felt Matt would like shayne best--I guess one thing to keep in mind is that shayne did not share her feelings for matt with the other ladies--and her one-on-one time was not seen by the other ladies, so it's hard to determine how strong feelings would be for some of these ladies who didn't talk about them. And seeing the private time as we do each week on television has changed many of the ladies minds in terms of matt's choice.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2979398;
    I'm not even sure I want Chelsea to be F1, except maybe for 2 reasons. 1) It would toss the collective reality TV community on it's head - which would be funny and 2) it would certainly redeem Matt's intentions in my eyes.

I think my biggest issue isn't whether or not I like Shayne, whether or not she's a plant, whether or not they actually fell in love, etc etc. My biggest issue with this season by far, and from which all the other tendrils stem, is that it is extremely difficult for me to reconcile Matt's initial intentions as presented to the viewer.....

....complete with the heart-wrenching ephinany he had when his father had a stroke that made him realize what the important things in life really were!

....about being a young father so that he could be active and vigorous in his children's lives!

....about ensuring that he had children soon enough that they would have the opportunityto know their grandfather)

Those are the things that totally hooked me this season! Wow, here is someone who really, really wants to find a wife and settle down for all the right reasons.

"This is going to be good!",
    I said to myself.

I find it terribly difficult to reconcile the above stated intentions with Matt choosing Shayne. She is a funny, spunky little thing - and they may very well have fallen in love. But I've been around the block a few times, and no matter what is said in her defense, she is still only 22 years old, and a young 22 in so many ways. Should she try to act older than she is? Absolutely not, there is plenty of time for her to act 30 when she gets to be 30 [believe me! ] I am not trying to belittle Shayne, although I'm sure I've been guilty of that, I guess it's my way of railing against the fact that I feel like I've been lied to. There are alot of things I find cute and endearing about her in a way you'd find the same things cute or endearing about a little girl, or a puppy and I find myself laughing at her antics sometimes, but there are an equal amount of things that I dislike. The whining is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and she does it constantly. I don't have a lot of respect for women who intentionally play dumb to look "cutesy", or get a man's attention, nor do I have much respect for a man who would buy into it. She is no where near ready for marriage in my opinion, and has stated as much herself. I can see he's infatuated with her, but I can also see that his glimmer will probably "fade to black" for her when the lights go off and the media dies down.

Anyway, that is the main reason this season has left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave me a reason to believe and then ripped the rug out from under my feet. And although I can believe they fell infatuated with each other, I cannot buy that she is the answer to all of his stated intentions for being on TB.

/sorry for the length, but I feel much better now!
    You summed up my thoughts so nicely. I couldn't put into words what I felt but something just didn't sit right with me.

I know what you mean. That struck me as odd. Only the week before she was whining about being used to 'receiving thousands of roses' and something along the lines of 'do you think I need to do this, stand off to the side, compete for a man?' Then she is appeased for her temper tantrum, which was apparently a turn off to him, with a 1 on 1 to the winery, where she gets drunk and can hardly walk or see straight. That's making the most of your 1 on 1 time where you really need to convince this guy that you're really not in touch with your inner toddler but a mature adult who is ready for marriage. Then, suddenly, a few days later she's miss matchmaker?

QUACK!!!!
    Then in private, telling Matt you wanted him to send all the other girls home.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2981286;
    Then in private, telling Matt you wanted him to send all the other girls home.
    If I were in the situation, and really liked the guy, i'd want to send the other girls home too so I could have him to myself and not have to share a guy i had feelings for with 12 other girls, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2981417;
    If I were in the situation, and really liked the guy, i'd want to send the other girls home too so I could have him to myself and not have to share a guy i had feelings for with 12 other girls, but that's just me.
    Oh, me too. But it was a contradiction to trying to make sure each girl had her turn at 'alone time' with Matt. To Robin, she was saying, 'we're all here to see if we're compatible with Matt - it's not a competition - so let everyone else have their turn.' Then in private with Matt, she expressed something entirely different. And again at the ski lodge, Shayne said she was anxious to put Robin out of Matt's mind. IMO it was just as much a competition to Shayne as it was to Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by mysonisthebest;2979728;
    Nope Robin was DISMISSED remember!
    Ah, yes! Now I remember..Marshana dismissed her. You are right.

QUACK!!!!
    I really think that a lot was discussed and decided on between Matt and Shayne during their 1 on 1 date. Imo, that is why we hear Shayne talk so much about what she's having to go thru to get to the end. I believe that they sealed the deal of her being F1; but I don't think she knew that he would propose. That is probably the surprise that Matt referred to. JMO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2981539;
    I really think that a lot was discussed and decided on between Matt and Shayne during their 1 on 1 date. Imo, that is why we hear Shayne talk so much about what she's having to go thru to get to the end. I believe that they sealed the deal of her being F1; but I don't think she knew that he would propose. That is probably the surprise that Matt referred to. JMO
    I think most of these negative posters towards Shayne just do not see that there was such a connection from the get go that Fleiss had to throw in a few things to make us think more about her ( but not really the way she is).
    The bottom line is that Matt fell in love with Shayne & he saw what he needed to see & HE got the answers he needed to know about her and I for one think this is the best show since Ryan & Trista & I am getting tired of the negative remarks & second guessing Shayne. We can second guess any of the girls in every season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LAlady;2982128;
    I think most of these negative posters towards Shayne just do not see that there was such a connection from the get go that Fleiss had to throw in a few things to make us think more about her ( but not really the way she is).
    The bottom line is that Matt fell in love with Shayne & he saw what he needed to see & HE got the answers he needed to know about her and I for one think this is the best show since Ryan & Trista & I am getting tired of the negative remarks & second guessing Shayne. We can second guess any of the girls in every season!!!
    Great post. I also have been thinking that Fleiss may have preferred that Matt, the first international bachelor, had fallen in love with Amanda, the All American Girl.