Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

DEW
    FORT Regular

Re: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2979194;
    I was just looking at the screencaps and saw the picture of Matt with the group of women from the show. What is Ashley wearing? Is her dress suppose to go up her side like or was it just up like that by accident? Also, where is Robin in this shot?
    I wondered this and posted a similar thing a couple of days ago. I'm surprised that Robin is missing. Maybe she had to leave early to go to a Dale Carnegie course.

Perhaps I am aging myself here about Dale Carnegie (How to win friends and Influence People - isn't that a course he offered)?
    Last edited by DEW; 05-08-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: ETA

Let them be in love

Quote Originally Posted by DEW;2979679;
    I wondered this and posted a similar thing a couple of days ago. I'm surprised that Robin is missing. Maybe she had to leave early to go to a Dale Carnegie course.
    well she could have been the one to "walk off" didn't we hear someone say someone walked off? bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by luv4dummies;2979685;
    well she could have been the one to "walk off" didn't we hear someone say someone walked off? bye bye

A Robin the bobin roll-off would not be very surprising at all. She was pretty much crusified on the WTA
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2979398;
    I'm not even sure I want Chelsea to be F1, except maybe for 2 reasons. 1) It would toss the collective reality TV community on it's head - which would be funny and 2) it would certainly redeem Matt's intentions in my eyes.

I think my biggest issue isn't whether or not I like Shayne, whether or not she's a plant, whether or not they actually fell in love, etc etc. My biggest issue with this season by far, and from which all the other tendrils stem, is that it is extremely difficult for me to reconcile Matt's initial intentions as presented to the viewer.....

....complete with the heart-wrenching ephinany he had when his father had a stroke that made him realize what the important things in life really were!

....about being a young father so that he could be active and vigorous in his children's lives!

....about ensuring that he had children soon enough that they would have the opportunityto know their grandfather)

Those are the things that totally hooked me this season! Wow, here is someone who really, really wants to find a wife and settle down for all the right reasons.

"This is going to be good!",
    I said to myself.

I find it terribly difficult to reconcile the above stated intentions with Matt choosing Shayne. She is a funny, spunky little thing - and they may very well have fallen in love. But I've been around the block a few times, and no matter what is said in her defense, she is still only 22 years old, and a young 22 in so many ways. Should she try to act older than she is? Absolutely not, there is plenty of time for her to act 30 when she gets to be 30 [believe me! ] I am not trying to belittle Shayne, although I'm sure I've been guilty of that, I guess it's my way of railing against the fact that I feel like I've been lied to. There are alot of things I find cute and endearing about her in a way you'd find the same things cute or endearing about a little girl, or a puppy and I find myself laughing at her antics sometimes, but there are an equal amount of things that I dislike. The whining is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and she does it constantly. I don't have a lot of respect for women who intentionally play dumb to look "cutesy", or get a man's attention, nor do I have much respect for a man who would buy into it. She is no where near ready for marriage in my opinion, and has stated as much herself. I can see he's infatuated with her, but I can also see that his glimmer will probably "fade to black" for her when the lights go off and the media dies down.

Anyway, that is the main reason this season has left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave me a reason to believe and then ripped the rug out from under my feet. And although I can believe they fell infatuated with each other, I cannot buy that she is the answer to all of his stated intentions for being on TB.

/sorry for the length, but I feel much better now!
    Bravo!!! You've summed up my feelings exactly!! Such a great post.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

wherever there is a T.V. and the bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2979702;
    A Robin the bobin roll-off would not be very surprising at all. She was pretty much crusified on the WTA
    Nope Robin was DISMISSED remember!
    Bring on the Bachelorette!

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2979398;
    I'm not even sure I want Chelsea to be F1, except maybe for 2 reasons. 1) It would toss the collective reality TV community on it's head - which would be funny and 2) it would certainly redeem Matt's intentions in my eyes.

I think my biggest issue isn't whether or not I like Shayne, whether or not she's a plant, whether or not they actually fell in love, etc etc. My biggest issue with this season by far, and from which all the other tendrils stem, is that it is extremely difficult for me to reconcile Matt's initial intentions as presented to the viewer.....

....complete with the heart-wrenching ephinany he had when his father had a stroke that made him realize what the important things in life really were!

....about being a young father so that he could be active and vigorous in his children's lives!

....about ensuring that he had children soon enough that they would have the opportunityto know their grandfather)

Those are the things that totally hooked me this season! Wow, here is someone who really, really wants to find a wife and settle down for all the right reasons.

"This is going to be good!",
    I said to myself.

I find it terribly difficult to reconcile the above stated intentions with Matt choosing Shayne. She is a funny, spunky little thing - and they may very well have fallen in love. But I've been around the block a few times, and no matter what is said in her defense, she is still only 22 years old, and a young 22 in so many ways. Should she try to act older than she is? Absolutely not, there is plenty of time for her to act 30 when she gets to be 30 [believe me! ] I am not trying to belittle Shayne, although I'm sure I've been guilty of that, I guess it's my way of railing against the fact that I feel like I've been lied to. There are alot of things I find cute and endearing about her in a way you'd find the same things cute or endearing about a little girl, or a puppy and I find myself laughing at her antics sometimes, but there are an equal amount of things that I dislike. The whining is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and she does it constantly. I don't have a lot of respect for women who intentionally play dumb to look "cutesy", or get a man's attention, nor do I have much respect for a man who would buy into it. She is no where near ready for marriage in my opinion, and has stated as much herself. I can see he's infatuated with her, but I can also see that his glimmer will probably "fade to black" for her when the lights go off and the media dies down.

Anyway, that is the main reason this season has left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave me a reason to believe and then ripped the rug out from under my feet. And although I can believe they fell infatuated with each other, I cannot buy that she is the answer to all of his stated intentions for being on TB.

/sorry for the length, but I feel much better now!
    I agree & also the premise that she makes him feel like he's 16. Okay...so he wants to feel even younger than he is right now...I can understand that feeling but the FACT is that he's NOT 16 anymore & one of these days that cutsey adolescent aura is going to fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2979614;
    Even though I am now a huge Shayne and Matt fan, I completely understand your points, and appreciate the fact that they are made without bashing or poking fun of posters who feel differently.

I felt the same way you did. I cringed when I heard Matt say he was looking for that key term, "true love." Frankly, after last season, I was leary of all bachelors but most importantly, Fleiss. I was suspicious too of Shayne when she had her meltdown in Vegas and retreated to the bathroom later on in what looked to me too similar to Tessa's little meltdown.

So, I get why you are suspicious.

I don't know at what point my feelings started to change about this couple, but the more I saw of them, they seem to genuinely have feelings for each other. I noticed their embraces and kisses just seemed more real to me than typical bachelor demonstrations of affection.

I saw a look in her eyes that I didn't believe was acting; a look that was familiar to me that is given to a person you really are passionately in love with.

Now, I could be totally off base and we will know in time, but I don't think so.
    Personally, I think this is a crappy way to meet your "true love". The nature of the program's format is nothing but a type of forced hurry up & "fall in love" scenario in a very short period of time. Even after the show ends...there is the increased pressure that you have to perform for the public & ABC TB. Now in this case, there is a proposal so added pressure to make it work because more than likely ABC will be pushing for the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2979623;
    Seriously, that is what it looks like. Maybe someone who was there can tell us.
    Where's the picture? Her dress WAS really weird so I'll let you know if it was normal or not if I find the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by tamelaine;2979764;
    Where's the picture? Her dress WAS really weird so I'll let you know if it was normal or not if I find the picture!
    The picture is in the screencaps only thread. Her dress is really short on the sides, like it's caught on something. She does look really pretty though.

On the Robin note, I did see other pictures with her and the other bachelorettes from their after party. Maybe she just needed to compose herself or use the ladies after the taping

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;2978133;
    With all this smoke there's bound to be a fire.

What sealed it for me, the fakeness, was Shayne's complete confidence in making sure other women had time with Matt. That told me that she knew without a doubt that she'd be getting a rose. No other women has ever made sure that other women have time with the Bachelor, at least none of the shows that I've seen.

Yuppers, It's a DUCK!
    I know what you mean. That struck me as odd. Only the week before she was whining about being used to 'receiving thousands of roses' and something along the lines of 'do you think I need to do this, stand off to the side, compete for a man?' Then she is appeased for her temper tantrum, which was apparently a turn off to him, with a 1 on 1 to the winery, where she gets drunk and can hardly walk or see straight. That's making the most of your 1 on 1 time where you really need to convince this guy that you're really not in touch with your inner toddler but a mature adult who is ready for marriage. Then, suddenly, a few days later she's miss matchmaker?

QUACK!!!!