Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Re: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2979194;
    I was just looking at the screencaps and saw the picture of Matt with the group of women from the show. What is Ashley wearing? Is her dress suppose to go up her side like or was it just up like that by accident? Also, where is Robin in this shot?
    I've been trying to figure that out too!! it almost looks like she went to the bathroom and got her dress stuck in her pantyhose
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2979152;
    I respect your opinion. I was in your shoes when I was hoping that Bevin was the F1. But wished Tessa and Andy well too.
    I'm not even sure I want Chelsea to be F1, except maybe for 2 reasons. 1) It would toss the collective reality TV community on it's head - which would be funny and 2) it would certainly redeem Matt's intentions in my eyes.

I think my biggest issue isn't whether or not I like Shayne, whether or not she's a plant, whether or not they actually fell in love, etc etc. My biggest issue with this season by far, and from which all the other tendrils stem, is that it is extremely difficult for me to reconcile Matt's initial intentions as presented to the viewer.....

....complete with the heart-wrenching ephinany he had when his father had a stroke that made him realize what the important things in life really were!

....about being a young father so that he could be active and vigorous in his children's lives!

....about ensuring that he had children soon enough that they would have the opportunityto know their grandfather)

Those are the things that totally hooked me this season! Wow, here is someone who really, really wants to find a wife and settle down for all the right reasons.

"This is going to be good!",
    I said to myself.

I find it terribly difficult to reconcile the above stated intentions with Matt choosing Shayne. She is a funny, spunky little thing - and they may very well have fallen in love. But I've been around the block a few times, and no matter what is said in her defense, she is still only 22 years old, and a young 22 in so many ways. Should she try to act older than she is? Absolutely not, there is plenty of time for her to act 30 when she gets to be 30 [believe me! ] I am not trying to belittle Shayne, although I'm sure I've been guilty of that, I guess it's my way of railing against the fact that I feel like I've been lied to. There are alot of things I find cute and endearing about her in a way you'd find the same things cute or endearing about a little girl, or a puppy and I find myself laughing at her antics sometimes, but there are an equal amount of things that I dislike. The whining is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and she does it constantly. I don't have a lot of respect for women who intentionally play dumb to look "cutesy", or get a man's attention, nor do I have much respect for a man who would buy into it. She is no where near ready for marriage in my opinion, and has stated as much herself. I can see he's infatuated with her, but I can also see that his glimmer will probably "fade to black" for her when the lights go off and the media dies down.

Anyway, that is the main reason this season has left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave me a reason to believe and then ripped the rug out from under my feet. And although I can believe they fell infatuated with each other, I cannot buy that she is the answer to all of his stated intentions for being on TB.

/sorry for the length, but I feel much better now!

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2979398 View Post
    I'm not even sure I want Chelsea to be F1, except maybe for 2 reasons. 1) It would toss the collective reality TV community on it's head - which would be funny and 2) it would certainly redeem Matt's intentions in my eyes.

I think my biggest issue isn't whether or not I like Shayne, whether or not she's a plant, whether or not they actually fell in love, etc etc. My biggest issue with this season by far, and from which all the other tendrils stem, is that it is extremely difficult for me to reconcile Matt's initial intentions as presented to the viewer.....

....complete with the heart-wrenching ephinany he had when his father had a stroke that made him realize what the important things in life really were!

....about being a young father so that he could be active and vigorous in his children's lives!

....about ensuring that he had children soon enough that they would have the opportunityto know their grandfather)

Those are the things that totally hooked me this season! Wow, here is someone who really, really wants to find a wife and settle down for all the right reasons.

I said to myself.

I find it terribly difficult to reconcile the above stated intentions with Matt choosing Shayne. She is a funny, spunky little thing - and they may very well have fallen in love. But I've been around the block a few times, and no matter what is said in her defense, she is still only 22 years old, and a young 22 in so many ways. Should she try to act older than she is? Absolutely not, there is plenty of time for her to act 30 when she gets to be 30 [believe me! ] I am not trying to belittle Shayne, although I'm sure I've been guilty of that, I guess it's my way of railing against the fact that I feel like I've been lied to. There are alot of things I find cute and endearing about her in a way you'd find the same things cute or endearing about a little girl, or a puppy and I find myself laughing at her antics sometimes, but there are an equal amount of things that I dislike. The whining is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and she does it constantly. I don't have a lot of respect for women who intentionally play dumb to look "cutesy", or get a man's attention, nor do I have much respect for a man who would buy into it. She is no where near ready for marriage in my opinion, and has stated as much herself. I can see he's infatuated with her, but I can also see that his glimmer will probably "fade to black" for her when the lights go off and the media dies down.

Anyway, that is the main reason this season has left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave me a reason to believe and then ripped the rug out from under my feet. And although I can believe they fell infatuated with each other, I cannot buy that she is the answer to all of his stated intentions for being on TB.

WOW

you REALLY nailed this!!! I could not have put it into better words!!

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2979398;

I said to myself.

Very well said. I completely agree. 22 is too young...she does seem to have mature qualities but, like you said, she even agreed that she's not ready for marriage.
    Let's all dog on Jason... it's so hot right now.

....complete with the heart-wrenching epiphany he had when his father had a stroke that made him realize what the important things in life really were!
    Dodie, you described this season so well, and why so many of us feel so disappointed. I'm with you all the way on this.

I said to myself.

Even though I am now a huge Shayne and Matt fan, I completely understand your points, and appreciate the fact that they are made without bashing or poking fun of posters who feel differently.

I felt the same way you did. I cringed when I heard Matt say he was looking for that key term, "true love." Frankly, after last season, I was leary of all bachelors but most importantly, Fleiss. I was suspicious too of Shayne when she had her meltdown in Vegas and retreated to the bathroom later on in what looked to me too similar to Tessa's little meltdown.

So, I get why you are suspicious.

I don't know at what point my feelings started to change about this couple, but the more I saw of them, they seem to genuinely have feelings for each other. I noticed their embraces and kisses just seemed more real to me than typical bachelor demonstrations of affection.

I saw a look in her eyes that I didn't believe was acting; a look that was familiar to me that is given to a person you really are passionately in love with.

Now, I could be totally off base and we will know in time, but I don't think so.

I said to myself.

WOW - and feel better you should - You nailed it - and thank you
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;2979327;
    I've been trying to figure that out too!! it almost looks like she went to the bathroom and got her dress stuck in her pantyhose
    Seriously, that is what it looks like. Maybe someone who was there can tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2979614;
    I was suspicious too of Shayne when she had her meltdown in Vegas and retreated to the bathroom later on in what looked to me too similar to Tessa's little meltdown.
    I never made that connection...interesting observation.
    Let's all dog on Jason... it's so hot right now.

I think Robin did the boogie after the WTA - knowing that she was not liked by the gals there - not surprised if she just moved on - by herself
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON