Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TazoChai;2975604;
    There were many times when watching Shayne & Matt scenes that I felt like I was watching a Soap Opera!!! The hazy lens effect, the angles, the lingo, etc. I questioned why I was even watching the show...

I completely agree...something IS off. I think that I have been pulling for Chelsea & Amanda simply because they seem REAL. The way Shayne speaks seems so poised & practiced. When Chelsea & Amanda expressed their feelings, it was choppy, full of "likes" & "ums" but there was something raw & natural about it.

I'm sad. I want to believe that this wasn't a set up, but deep down it makes complete sense.
    You're not alone in feeling that way! Try as I might to 'believe' or to even buy into Matt & Shayne, it feels like a bad soap opera. Heck, I'm rooting more for Teresa and Ethan on Passions than I am for Matt & Shayne.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2975838;
    This was my proof in the pudding on the rumors as well. Felt like I was back on the sofa at the ol' sorority house munching a too large bowl of popcorn with the gals.

I keep coming back to that wonderfully reported and written Alessandra Stanley NYTimes piece I posted awhile back.

The Bachelor was created by a General Hospital producer to have a reality, primetime (not daytime) edition for the same Soap Opera fan demographic. It is no accident that when they decided to ensure a happy ending they went shopping for a young soap actress.

Those early episodes (Vegas and winery and every 1:1 time) are over the top transparent in this respect.
    Oh, wait-- let's not forget the perfectly timed wind blowing just as she makes her way to Matt from the limo. From that moment, I just couldn't buy into it. The fact that Matt even mentioned that moment on the WTA just made me want to throw up!!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2976903;
    Oh, wait-- let's not forget the perfectly timed wind blowing just as she makes her way to Matt from the limo. From that moment, I just couldn't buy into it. The fact that Matt even mentioned that moment on the WTA just made me want to throw up!!!!
    Great observation/connection, cantstopwatchin...lol! I never thought of that. So true yet so sad.

Oh well... Now, I'm looking forward to DeAnna's season even more (or has that been Fleiss's plan all along?!)
    Let's all dog on Jason... it's so hot right now.

Not sure if someone saw this already but this is a comment Holly posted on Ashlee's myspace page.

I think it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by TazoChai;2976943;
    Not sure if someone saw this already but this is a comment Holly posted on Ashlee's myspace page.

I think it's hilarious.
    Wow, that is interesting that Holly posted that. I think it is hilarious too!! It needs to be posted in the Fun with Bachelor 12 thread...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2976977;
    Wow, that is interesting that Holly posted that. I think it is hilarious too!! It needs to be posted in the Fun with Bachelor 12 thread...
    done & done thanks

That is too funny TazoChai! i knew the women would start posting little bits for us soon...can't wait to hear more. It sounds like those who were at the WTA called it exactly as it is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2976805;
    dodie, I cannot wait until the bachelorettes of Bachelor 12 start blogging about this season! They cant really say the truth on the WTA. But they can sure blog about it later.
    If you check out post #660 in the Fun thread a couple of them are being heard loud and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2976903;
    Exactly. He was reading talking points off a script of what got aired.

First -- she was so pretty she looked like a movie star I thought she couldn't be for real
    Second -- I was still attracted, but concerned she was prima dona prone to tantrums
    Third -- We had special times at winery where I thought I'd better take a second look, there MIGHT be more to her
    Fourth -- we went skiing, and EUREKA, there WAS more to her
    Fifth -- I met her family who sealed the deal by putting her on the spot (here to be star? No, here for Matt. Wow. How convincing.), and saw that she was salt of the earth, rock of Gibraltar
    Sixth -- Was there enough there substantively for a REAL relationship -- is she smart enough for me? Yes, she is, coz I asked her that and she said she was!

I am not buying that SOAP. It didn't look or sound real to me at all. Notwithstanding leaks that it wasn't, I was an optimist, rooting for CO STAR love. Ha. His demeanor sealed it for me at the WTA -- aloof, arrogant, self-absorbed, and above all scripted.

Well...all I can say is that IF there is some truth to the many rumors of a "set up"...then some reporter somewhere trying to get their own "name" out there will dig it out and expose it....I guess the one thing that always made me believe it was that Shayne never...ever...looked worried or concerned that she would not get a rose, it was like she knew she would.....and then Matt doing the big "drama" thing about the rose on the winery date...it looked like a fake out to plant doubt...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!