Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Re: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2971663;
    I agree - I think we were/are seeing two Matts, one in the beginning and one in the end when his perceived fame has gotten to him. And I still think he fell for Amanda early in the show. And I think we'll never know the real story. Why did he say after the 50's date, "Please, please, please accept this rose"? And why did he always hold her rose close to him? I think he was really falling for her then, and maybe as he and Shayne went on he discovered there was more there between the two of them. I think his reaction when she called him a DB and his reaction to her last night is very telling. The anger says something different to me. I think he's a little angry with himself that he was acting with her (when he really did care) or acting with her (knowing he was misleading her). Or maybe he's angry at everyone that he JUST CAN'T HAVE HER!!
    I really think that once the dust has settled so to speak and the romance has fizzled we see he was like so many of his predocessors it was all about him.

FORT Fogey

Ok, I am going to risk a public lynching here but here goes anyway. I just don't get it! I was never an Amanda fan, I don't get this undying love for her. I found her "meeps" annoying, not endearing, I found her too good to be true persona to be just that - too good to be true, she does not come across as strong or self-reliant, it's that girl in high school that all the boys are drawn to because they feel they need to protect her - ugh!

And why is everyone so vehement about a one-word verbal misstep by Matt and so quick to forgive the one word misstep(?) by Amanda?

Lastly, try to remember he is a Brit when you are examining his posture/"attitude". We are much more relaxed, non-traditional society in America. Look at anyone from "across the pond" and you will notice a more stiff posture and a much more reserved way of presenting themselves - I don't think it is necessarily arrogance, it could be just the way he was brought up to portray himself in a public situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkie;2971637;
    I'm obviously in the minority with y'all, but I thought Matt was sweet and charming last night. All of the girls, including Amanda, have said that he is a good guy. I don't understand the extreme negative reaction to him.

Because he let everybody's favorite go at F3. Not mine though.
    If you don't have everything you want, you better start wanting what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by procheervet;2971678;
    Ok, I am going to risk a public lynching here but here goes anyway. I just don't get it! I was never an Amanda fan, I don't get this undying love for her. I found her "meeps" annoying, not endearing, I found her too good to be true persona to be just that - too good to be true, she does not come across as strong or self-reliant, it's that girl in high school that all the boys are drawn to because they feel they need to protect her - ugh!

And why is everyone so vehement about a one-word verbal misstep by Matt and so quick to forgive the one word misstep(?) by Amanda?

Lastly, try to remember he is a Brit when you are examining his posture/"attitude". We are much more relaxed, non-traditional society in America. Look at anyone from "across the pond" and you will notice a more stiff posture and a much more reserved way of presenting themselves - I don't think it is necessarily arrogance, it could be just the way he was brought up to portray himself in a public situation.
    No lynching here. I never felt anything for Amanda. She never seemed to get past the initial uncomfortable stage of the dating process with Matt. Watching the two of them kiss is what sealed it for me. No electricity at all.

Very well said. ITA. Never was an Amanda fan either. This girl had a huge fan base before the first show just from her picture, and I just didn't get it, especially once the show started.
    If you don't have everything you want, you better start wanting what you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2971366;
    to me..when you consider the "format" of the show...and "other girls" dating the same guy and the "little" amount of actual time you get to spend with him...I am not sure I could or would declare feelings of "love" so quickly...now thats just me..I don't think I could...but I can understand how some can get wrapped up in the "process" and the "fantasy" and declare them...maybe thats the entire problem with the show...seems like it is not set up to be lasting...you go from a very intense fantasy situation to real life and in real life they find they don't have those "feelings" after all...I don't think Amanda was wrong for not declaring that "love" so quickly...
    I don't think she was wrong for not saying the words, either. But if you're the one trying to *choose* somebody, and one of the people doesn't actually say very much or do very much that indicates particularly strong feelings for or attraction towards you, might you not be likely to opt for the ones that *do*? ...

Yeah, people who use the l-word can by lying about their feelings or think they feel things more strongly than they actually do. But by the same token, if somebody says hardly anything, isn't it just as risky to assume that, even though they haven't said anything, they actually are feeling that they could fall in love with you or are falling?

I don't know that silence is golden at all, from the picker's perspective. In the past, haven't many people taken that as a lack of feeling -- such as when Tessa was very reluctant to say much while Bevin said a lot? Many people said, Don't pick Tessa, Andy, she's holding back and that means she probably doesn't like you as much. I don't see why it's any different here, really, except that people really *like* Amanda.

This is another place where this situation is very different from real life. In real life you'd have the option to wait for somebody to express themselves, as long as you saw them as an attractive person. And in real life you wouldn't have the option of choosing other people who *had* expressed themselves.

But this is so different from real life that I don't think real-life rules apply.

Seems to me a lot of people get around the strange situation by saying "I believe I may be falling in love with you" or "I know that you are someone I could fall in love with" or the like. Seems to me that, under the circumstances, you have to say something like that or risk being seen as the unsafe bet -- the person who may not be saying much because you actually aren't feeling much.

Also, don't the fellow contestants know *way* more about the other women than the actual Bach does? They've spent oodles more time with all of them and in much more various circumstances. The Bach only knows what he/she's seen in the dates and at the cocktail parties -- I'm not sure how much that would really tell you about who's marriage material or not, or about who has more feelings for you -- except to the extent that the person *expresses* those feelings.

It's not like real life.
    Last edited by natashapierre; 05-06-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macbajan;2971603;
    Were my eyes deceiving me, but it looked like DB was sitting with his back to Amanda when he first started to answer/talk to her?
    Your eyes IMHO were not deceiving you. While I did not watch it all he did seem absolutely arrogant and ticked off that he has to come and spend any time with these 23 losers as he calls them. I guess now that he is engaged to an actress he is on a different level than them.

Well I can't speak for anyone else here...but the Matt I saw last night and they reaction I have to his "24 LOSERS" ....I guess his whole attitude just "rubbed me the wrong way" last night...but it has NOTHING TO DO WITH AMANDA....I don't know how many ways I can say that....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

My feeling was we got a small glimpse of who the real Amanda might be when she called him a douchebag. I think we forget that in "Reality" TV very little is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2971663;
    I agree - I think we were/are seeing two Matts, one in the beginning and one in the end when his perceived fame has gotten to him. And I still think he fell for Amanda early in the show. And I think we'll never know the real story. Why did he say after the 50's date, "Please, please, please accept this rose"? And why did he always hold her rose close to him? I think he was really falling for her then, and maybe as he and Shayne went on he discovered there was more there between the two of them. I think his reaction when she called him a DB and his reaction to her last night is very telling. The anger says something different to me. I think he's a little angry with himself that he was acting with her (when he really did care) or acting with her (knowing he was misleading her). Or maybe he's angry at everyone that he JUST CAN'T HAVE HER!!
    First let me state that I was an Amanda fan. That said, after last night's show, and thinking about things, I think something must have happened that made Matt's feelings about Amanda change. I don't mean that in a negative way toward EITHER ONE OF THEM. She got the first impression rose, so obviously she stirred something in him. THe down side to that is that having a first impression that is that positive also means that there are some preconceived notions about the person---when you meet someone and hit it off with them right off the bat there is a tendency to assume that they are a certain way, and that you will have certain things in common with that person. Perhaps Matt and Amanda did have a really good connection (drink) initially, and that is what a lot of us saw---but, just like in the real world, sometimes the more you get to know a person the more your perception of them changes. It could be that at some point Amanda did or said something (and i don't mean some horrible or dramatic thing, just SOMETHING) that made Matt think "oh, my preconceived notion of this girl would never have made a comment like that"...and maybe it changed the way he felt. I know I have certainly dated guys and then one day looked at them and thought "hmm, not exactly who I had thought he was..." In spite of the dramatic circumstances, and all the special conditions, etc, these are actually PEOPLE, and it is possible that at some point instead of falling more in love with Amanda he realized "she's just not the girl for me". That's no one's fault, that's just life. JMHO, as always.