Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Re: The Women Tell All **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;2971356;
    I took Amanda's comments to mean that she wasn't ready to say I love you yet (and mean it, otherwise they're just words) but that she thought that they had the beginnings of a lasting relationship, hence the part about getting engaged. An engagement on the Bachelor is a little different than IRL, so I don't think her comments were out of line, when taking into consideration the format of the show. IMO Shayne and Chelsea's declaration of love is premature and should have thrown up red flags for Matt, anybody can say them - Amanda's honestly should have shown Matt how seriously she was taking the whole process.

Oh well, her receiving F1 rose wasn't part of the script, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

ITA! I commented on the non-spoiler board that can we realistically expect people to be deep in love in 5 weeks time? What a shame Matt missed that about Amanda. I honestly do think that Matt said things to Amanda to make her believe otherwise & she went with that. He even said while on the beach having dinner that the Amanda he saw the first night was the Amanda he was falling for.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinYyes;2971454;
    I was at the taping- yes a lot was cut out. One thing was Marshanna actually kind of scolding Matt (in her- I love ya Matt but... kind of way) She told him that she was amazed at his choice- that Amanda CLEARLY was marriage material...she made that point a couple of times and that time the audience went bananas and supported Marshanna's comment. Matt didn't like that too much btw. I'm leaving for work, but I'll be on later this morning.
    Was this comment made before they showed his & Amanda's interaction? That could explain part of his coolness to Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2971342;
    That's right. No slapping on the wrist allowed either. FAQ

There was a lot of arrogance radiating out of Matt last night, his whole posture sitting on that sofa, the way he talked, even his tone of voice, were all just terribly grating. Why any of these women would want to be with this guy is beyond me. His stupid lines about wanting to spend the rest of his life with his chosen one were not only ridiculous but pretty much branded him as a producer dummy who would say anything that they told him to say. Rest of his life? Maybe the rest of May... What a complete moron.

Not that I was overly impressed with Amanda either. She said that they were at the beginning of something on the Fantasy Date, but then a day later at the RC she was indignant when he dumped her because she thought they were going to get engaged. Oh, for heaven's sake! Talk about delusion.
    Great comments MsFroggy. I thought Amanda presented herself pretty well last night and, although I've thought she was perfect, I do give her the benefit of the doubt in knowing that the t.v. engagement wouldn't have necessarily been binding. She would pretty much know that the f1 would emerge with a ring this time. imo, anyone would be insane if he/ she was actually ready to commit themselves to spending the rest of their lives to the chooser at the time of the frc. Also, DB said something about that the other two f3 girls were talking about "love" when Amanda was only talking about "like". So, maybe that's exactly where the choice was made. Poor DB was offended that Amanda wasn't professing to undying love for his egocentric self.

FORT Fan

Were my eyes deceiving me, but it looked like DB was sitting with his back to Amanda when he first started to answer/talk to her?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2971189;
    If Matt is privy to any message board information, and I think he is, I understand his apparent irritation. Posters have been vicious toward Shayne and him. The comment, there are going to be 24 losers was accurate. It may have sounded harsh but it was his way of saying, back off.

Why show clips from the show? We have seen those many times since the promo's also featured them! ARG. Very disappointing show.

Perhaps they did ask the women who they thought he would choose and they all answered Shayne so decided to dump it. Someone who attended will come by and fill in the blanks for us.
    I'll answer this one. They did NOT ask the girls who they thought he would pick. It was never even brought up.

So glad I both watched the show then read all of your comments. I must agree that Matt is ugly both inside and out now also a bit blind and hard of hearing - does this show really age those bachelors so quickly? He was quite rude both in word and posturing to women who put themselves in a vulnerable position for him - he has no class. He looks horrible with the new hair. He obviously did not see Amanda's beauty or there would be no way he could walk away from it and after hearing about the audience's reation to the girl's support for Amanda his hearing is shot also or he would have been nicer and kept both the at filming and future watching audiences on his side. I am sure TPTB were not praising him for his performance last night. He was so boorish the group I watched with could care less who he chose and we made a date to go out next week and just forget about TB till the TBette starts.
    At the end of TWTA my real choice for Matt is Robin - as abrasive as she was she saw him for what he really was just the prize(booby) at the end of a game with changing rules and poor scripts. I have so enjoyed FORT's comments and clues and sleuthing this and the past 2 seasons. I know the last season I watch will be the one just before all of you quit posting. TB would be no good at all without getting to read your comments. See you at D's season.

Quote Originally Posted by satorus;2971537;
    West Coaster here - I read the boards last night, but decided to watch anyway. I always find the show to be a lot better than what I read here. My husband was working on the computer near by and he came over to watch several times - he enjoyed the show. I think we, who sleuth and read the boards, come to the bachelor experience with jaded eyes. Those who watch casually enjoy it a lot more. I don't think we'd see a real romance if it was given to us on a silver platter.

What I'd like to know from those who were at the taping is: Did Noelle or Ashlee get to talk? Did Chris poll the audience?
    satorus, agree with the statement that we who sleuth and read the boards do have a jaded view of this show. We know way in advance who is staying, who is going and thus look at all the girls actions as an act or wasted emotions. Don't know if that is bad or good, it is after all just a tv show. But as long as you get enjoyment in doing both (watching and sleuthing) no harm. For me I thought Mr Matt was a bit smug last night, he was a bit harsh. Lighten up, you are suppose to be in love!

Quote Originally Posted by macbajan;2971603;
    Were my eyes deceiving me, but it looked like DB was sitting with his back to Amanda when he first started to answer/talk to her?

I thought this was increddibly disrespectful and arrogant.

There was clearly a lot of love in the audience for Amanda, so possibly he was being defensive. I did not like the Matt I saw last night. At all.

I'm obviously in the minority with y'all, but I thought Matt was sweet and charming last night. All of the girls, including Amanda, have said that he is a good guy. I don't understand the extreme negative reaction to him.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2971259;
    Mutt is the very first Bachelor that I adored in the beginning and by the end absolutely feel he is one of the most arrogant jerks out there. He seems to have no couth at all, a little tact would've been nice.....

And, I like Amanda more and more every time I see her - hopefully she'll be a bachelorette some day......SHE has Class!!

I agree - I think we were/are seeing two Matts, one in the beginning and one in the end when his perceived fame has gotten to him. And I still think he fell for Amanda early in the show. And I think we'll never know the real story. Why did he say after the 50's date, "Please, please, please accept this rose"? And why did he always hold her rose close to him? I think he was really falling for her then, and maybe as he and Shayne went on he discovered there was more there between the two of them. I think his reaction when she called him a DB and his reaction to her last night is very telling. The anger says something different to me. I think he's a little angry with himself that he was acting with her (when he really did care) or acting with her (knowing he was misleading her). Or maybe he's angry at everyone that he JUST CAN'T HAVE HER!!