Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor : Only Socially Dysfunctional Males Need Apply

FORT Regular

Re: The Bachelor : Only Socially Dysfunctional Males Need Apply

Well... I don't think the show has the best track record, but I do see something genuine with Matt and Shayne. Like with the others though, it's highly edited and they force the bachelor to appear conflicted to try and hold people in suspense until the end. That's not really nice to the girls but they have to know what they're in for if they've ever seen the show. As for Matt/Shayne, only time will tell. I wish them the best.

Really, when I read this thread title my first thought was: HEY I have an ex-boyfriend I could donate, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2957396;
    I think that Matt (and most of the Bachelors) are between a rock and a hard place by the time it gets down to the last 3 or 4 women. If you compare what he said to Amanda to what he said to Shayne, it seems clear to me that he has more feelings for Shayne, and said more meaningful things to her. If you're in that position, you know you really have feelings for 1, but have to carry on the charade for two others, what do you do? When Amanda says "I'm falling for you" just sit back and say "thank you"?

I can understand, having only had HER experience with Matt, how Amanda would think they were going somewhere. But she let herself forget there were 2 other women saying the same sort of things to him. She forgot that for everything he said to her, he said MORE to Shayne.
    Last night's episode was actually a bit of a turn around for me. I liked what they showed of matt and shayne's dinner conversation, and thought they looked cute. I agree that Matt said stronger things to Shayne, and think it's important to note that Amanda didn't have the comparison we do- her experience led her to believe she was the one. I don't know that she forgot that there were other women there- I think that she, like most of us, didn't think that a man would tell her that he was falling for her at the same time he said it to two other women. It's so easy to avoid making certain statements. He may be contractually obligated not to tell them he doesn't like them, but does he actually have to tell them that he does?

I am confused as to how this is a spoiler?

It was the fact that he seemed offended that Amanda was angry that turned me off. For all I care, he can tell every single one of them that he loves them and wants to marry them. But he should act so shocked when they react after being dumped. That was my real problem with HWSNBN in dealing with Deanna -- he wanted her to comfort him. No, that's not the way it works. These guys should suck it up and deal with the consequences. The girls have to do that, and so should the Bach.
    Bring on The Mole!

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2958290;
    I am confused as to how this is a spoiler?
    I'm not a mod, but if you're referring to the thread, it will contain discussion of spoiler information just as the Bachelor and Bachelorette threads in the Spoiler sub-forum do. If it were not in the Spoiler sub-forum, then we would have to keep all discussions of rumors, etc. out of it. The topic of the thread itself does not need to be a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2958293;
    It was the fact that he seemed offended that Amanda was angry that turned me off. For all I care, he can tell every single one of them that he loves them and wants to marry them. But he should act so shocked when they react after being dumped. That was my real problem with HWSNBN in dealing with Deanna -- he wanted her to comfort him. No, that's not the way it works. These guys should suck it up and deal with the consequences. The girls have to do that, and so should the Bach.
    I totally agree with you, why does a girl getting dumped have to suck it up and not ask questions and just smile and leave and they cry for the cameras in the limo, why not ask questions? especially if you were just very intimate with them, at least to the point of kissing, petting, snuggling, some bachelors have managed to be more careful than others, matt could be one of the worst, too much kissy and too many falling for you, love being with yous

My husband actually pointed this out (even drawing the parallel to last season! I was so proud.). He thought it was evidence of a complete lack of maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2956983;
    I don't see Matt as a DB in the slightest. So he didn't choose Amanda, so what. He didn't feel it with her--that was incredibly obvious---i didn't see anything between them the whole time--i think he liked her fine, but i don't think he ever had strong feelings for her. He has been falling for shayne since day 1--but, i don't think people want to admit it, because they all just really liked amanda. A lot of people have never been able to see a real strong connection with amanda, because there wasn't one. That doesn't make matt a horrible person--just because he didn't fall for her he is horrible? I don't get it. I feel bad for matt because he's doing what he came on the show to do--find true love, and because he didn't find true love with the fan favorite he's being crucified. Ridiculous. He and Shayne have had a very strong connection from day 1---it has been so obvious that he is falling so hard for her, and she for him. No setup, just real feelings developing--it's been shown from the beginning--and I"m sorry but Matt would not be able to act that well throughout the entire series. He's smitten--so is shayne--it's very very obvious
    I agree with this post. I wasn't an Amanda fan either. Never saw any sparks, and she was so boring. His eyes almost glazed over from all the times she said *Like* like you know what I mean? =)
    |\__/|
    (=':'=)
    (")_(") In the real world as in dreams, nothing is what it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieGirl;2958321;
    My husband actually pointed this out (even drawing the parallel to last season! I was so proud.). He thought it was evidence of a complete lack of maturity.
    Then maybe and Shayne will be great together...they can grow up (I mean Old) together!

Agree, great post. Amanada had every right to ask her question. Interesting that Matt couldn't take the heat, and especially to lash back in his interview about the "Meeps". Totally lost any and all respect for him. Amanda at least had class today on the Ellen show talking about Matt, he should take a few lessons. Not interested in watching anymore Bachelor show, this dud of a show hopefully will be the last. Watching on Monday night, my husband thought the show was a joke with all Matt's interactions with each of the girls and that the show should end. Too scripted, but I guess if you are an actor you need a script.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast