Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor : Only Socially Dysfunctional Males Need Apply

FORT Regular

Re: The Bachelor : Only Socially Dysfunctional Males Need Apply

I'm done watching bachelor. I will watch WTA just to see Amanda and yes I was a fan of hers. I find that I'm agreeing with the people that are saying that Matt had the desire to go to Hollywood. Someone said earlier that there are people out there that think that all of the US is like Hollywood and he wants to be part of it. I feel bad for Chelsea now, having put herself out there and can't imagine how she must feel after her little stripdown to the lace dress on national tv! She must feel quite used at this point. Matt's radio comment about the meeps 24/7 said alot to me in his tone of voice. He must not have liked being called on the carpet by Amanda and it's his way of getting back at her. Must have realized that alot of people watching didn't buy Shayne's acting and his behavior and had to lash out at someone.
    I'll continue to read the boards sometime because I admire the skills like Lynne and the other person with the amazing SC (sorry don't remember your name). But I'm sticking with Grey's Anatomy where the acting skills are far better and have better writting.

Quote Originally Posted by peachgal;2957111;
    First, so he's attracted to Shayne- that is fine. Does he need to tell another girl he's "falling for her", and make her think there are feelings there that are just not present? I know some of this is just the way it goes on TB, but there have been others who were more up front than he was. There must have been some indication that he cared, or why would all the girls in the house seeing something, too?
    Right, and he told Noelle's sisters that he was falling in love with all of them - if he only had eyes for Shayne from the get-go, then why does he have to make so many of those statements? Why work so hard to draw Chelsea out if it has truly been Shayne all along?

Also, I truly believe at this point that none of the girls who chose Amanda were coached - after seeing last night's episode, and after TPTB planned Amanda's 'prank,' to me its clear that they didn't want us any more invested in Amanda as F1 than we already were.

Quote Originally Posted by peachgal;2957111;
    Couple of things are going thru my mind right now.

First, so he's attracted to Shayne- that is fine. Does he need to tell another girl he's "falling for her", and make her think there are feelings there that are just not present? I know some of this is just the way it goes on TB, but there have been others who were more up front than he was. There must have been some indication that he cared, or why would all the girls in the house seeing something, too?

Second, the more I think about the way he was "discovered". He was on a blind date that was going poorly. So what does he do? Leaves the girl to go sit at a bar? That never has seemed right to me, somehow. So- he's asked to come to Hollywood and make out with a group of 25 hot ladies? There's something about a guy who would drop everything and do that... I guess we can't really expect more.

Exactly! Why can't he just not say he's falling for everyone if he really loves Shayne and has since early on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2957158;
    Right, and he told Noelle's sisters that he was falling in love with all of them - if he only had eyes for Shayne from the get-go, then why does he have to make so many of those statements? Why work so hard to draw Chelsea out if it has truly been Shayne all along?
    Well, but since you in the end actually *do* have to pick only one, how can we ever know whether somebody is or is not telling the truth about falling in love with more than one?

If you're presented with more than one interesting, compatible, beautiful person in a series of romantic settings, it seems pretty likely to me that you *could* feel yourself falling in love with all of them. It's just that, in real life, this usually doesn't happen or we stop it before it really does. On this show, it's a given that they'll force you to go on with all the people until the final night, and your feelings are likely to get stronger, not weaker under those circumstances, *and* we know that they tell the Bach's that they have to keep whispering sweet nothings to everybody who remains.

Nevertheless, in the end, you're going to have to pick just one -- and the others will get rejected and thus hurt.

The reason why they say this stuff is that a) it's often at least partly true and b) they're under orders to say it. Despite that, nothing changes the fact that they're going to pick just one in the end, so I don't really see how we can blame them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2957205;
    Well, but since you in the end actually *do* have to pick only one, how can we ever know whether somebody is or is not telling the truth about falling in love with more than one?

If you're presented with more than one interesting, compatible, beautiful person in a series of romantic settings, it seems pretty likely to me that you *could* feel yourself falling in love with all of them. It's just that, in real life, this usually doesn't happen or we stop it before it really does. On this show, it's a given that they'll force you to go on with all the people until the final night, and your feelings are likely to get stronger, not weaker under those circumstances, *and* we know that they tell the Bach's that they have to keep whispering sweet nothings to everybody who remains.

Nevertheless, in the end, you're going to have to pick just one -- and the others will get rejected and thus hurt.

The reason why they say this stuff is that a) it's often at least partly true and b) they're under orders to say it. Despite that, nothing changes the fact that they're going to pick just one in the end, so I don't really see how we can blame them so much.
    Then all the more reason to be careful with your words. They may be asked to say things, but Matt himself insisted to Amanda that he meant everything he said to her. And, I think despite what they have to say, they can communicate in so many other ways that they don't ultimately have to blindside the girls.

So Matt is Bach #12, right?

Here's my list of Bach's whom I either like or "get" now: Byron (always loved him), Charlie (liked him), Andrew F (ditto), Jesse (I get that he did it for post-football career reasons), and Travis (I think he just didn't find the right one and I don't remember him being a jerk about it).

Bach's whom I either dislike or don't get, in no particular order: Andy, Brad, Matt, Blob, PLo.

Never saw Aaron.

There should be 12 and I only have 11. Who am I missing?

They're not all bad, it's just that this show sets expectations that can never be met.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2957358;
    So Matt is Bach #12, right?

Here's my list of Bach's whom I either like or "get" now: Byron (always loved him), Charlie (liked him), Andrew F (ditto), Jesse (I get that he did it for post-football career reasons), and Travis (I think he just didn't find the right one and I don't remember him being a jerk about it).

Bach's whom I either dislike or don't get, in no particular order: Andy, Brad, Matt, Blob, PLo.

Never saw Aaron.

There should be 12 and I only have 11. Who am I missing?

They're not all bad, it's just that this show sets expectations that can never be met.
    Alex? I didn't watch that one

FORT Fogey

I think that Matt (and most of the Bachelors) are between a rock and a hard place by the time it gets down to the last 3 or 4 women. If you compare what he said to Amanda to what he said to Shayne, it seems clear to me that he has more feelings for Shayne, and said more meaningful things to her. If you're in that position, you know you really have feelings for 1, but have to carry on the charade for two others, what do you do? When Amanda says "I'm falling for you" just sit back and say "thank you"?

I can understand, having only had HER experience with Matt, how Amanda would think they were going somewhere. But she let herself forget there were 2 other women saying the same sort of things to him. She forgot that for everything he said to her, he said MORE to Shayne.

Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2957164;
    Exactly! Why can't he just not say he's falling for everyone if he really loves Shayne and has since early on.
    Exactly, at the very least Shayne should have gotten the FIR and all the roses form the group dates she was on -- instead Chelsea go those 2 roses. I guess they couldn't do that because then there would be no suspense this season -- wait there already isn't any suspense!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

I have to say rewatching the chelsea date I felt like she was reading cue cards or taking direction when they were having dinner. She really seemed genuinely awkward on the boat and then never looked him in the eye during dinner but was excited to go the suite, this follow her previous pattern of no pda, but full speed ahead "in private." A friend of here posted on the chelsea thread that she did put on black undies to put on after taking off the white ones, maybe so. but even so a see thru gown to change into, I don't know it all seems staged as if she were in on it and knew that it was going to play out just so.

To go from totally awkward to "humping" on the couch basically, sorry chelsea that is how they made it look, is just bizarre,

and he has said really important things to chelsea in there one on one time as if she is the ONE and yet same thing with Shayne, so yes it keep us guessing but its over the top, and chelsea, if no clued in, will be devastated for sure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast