Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor : Only Socially Dysfunctional Males Need Apply

FORT Fan

Re: The Bachelor : Only Socially Dysfunctional Males Need Apply

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2956973;
    The only way I could see the show redeeming itself is if Matt chooses Chelsea. I know Shayne fans will disagree, but to many, it will look like a set-up. Even still, I give the "relationship" 6 months or less.
    I really like Chelsea, but I don't want her to get hurt. From what we've seen of Matt, and read, from past girlfriends, etc. he is really a player. I'm afraid that if Chelsea is picked, it won't be long before he moves on... She would be hurt big time. Shayne would be hurt, too- and doesn't deserve that, but I believe she's stronger, and could handle it better.

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2956983;
    I don't see Matt as a DB in the slightest. So he didn't choose Amanda, so what. He didn't feel it with her--that was incredibly obvious---i didn't see anything between them the whole time--i think he liked her fine, but i don't think he ever had strong feelings for her. He has been falling for shayne since day 1--but, i don't think people want to admit it, because they all just really liked amanda. A lot of people have never been able to see a real strong connection with amanda, because there wasn't one. That doesn't make matt a horrible person--just because he didn't fall for her he is horrible? I don't get it. I feel bad for matt because he's doing what he came on the show to do--find true love, and because he didn't find true love with the fan favorite he's being crucified. Ridiculous. He and Shayne have had a very strong connection from day 1---it has been so obvious that he is falling so hard for her, and she for him. No setup, just real feelings developing--it's been shown from the beginning--and I"m sorry but Matt would not be able to act that well throughout the entire series. He's smitten--so is shayne--it's very very obvious
    I can only speak for myself, but my opinion of Matt has nothing to do with Amanda and nothing to do with who he picks. I do not have a favorite girl and have long said that I feel sorry for F1 because she's stuck with a doofus for however long the relationship lasts.

I don't see Matt as a DB in the slightest. So he didn't choose Amanda, so what. He didn't feel it with her--that was incredibly obvious---i didn't see anything between them the whole time--i think he liked her fine, but i don't think he ever had strong feelings for her. He has been falling for shayne since day 1--but, i don't think people want to admit it, because they all just really liked amanda. A lot of people have never been able to see a real strong connection with amanda, because there wasn't one. That doesn't make matt a horrible person--just because he didn't fall for her he is horrible? I don't get it. I feel bad for matt because he's doing what he came on the show to do--find true love, and because he didn't find true love with the fan favorite he's being crucified. Ridiculous. He and Shayne have had a very strong connection from day 1---it has been so obvious that he is falling so hard for her, and she for him. No setup, just real feelings developing--it's been shown from the beginning--and I"m sorry but Matt would not be able to act that well throughout the entire series. He's smitten--so is shayne--it's very very obvious
    I know there are many who agree with the bolded statement. That's fine, but my opinion is that he was annoyed with her in the beginning. His expression when she was having her meltdown in Vegas was nowhere close to smitten. (IMO of course) If they really care for each other now, fine, I just didn't see it in the beginning.

I think it's "very very obvious" that this season is ridiculous and should be the last Bachelor.

Shayne and Matt are basically less successful versions of their parents: she's an F-list actress (if that), and he doesn't seem to have been too successful at the whole wealth management gig. They needed this show, and the attendant publicity, to jumpstart their non-existent careers. I hope it works out for them. Would love to see that ridiculous dog as the "flower girl"!

Great summary. Totally agree about Lorenzo and his camp humor. I've had a weird feeling this whole season, just like last one, that the Bach. hasn't truly fallen in love with anyone. Things seemed downhill for Amanda after the fake parents, but I don't see a love connection with the other two either. I think it has gone to his head that he is dating Shayne, someone who would probably never date him, had she not met him on this show.

BigEd.. Excellent post. Looking back at what his ex-girlfriend said about him here in an earlier post and the posts by his ex-boss it seems clear now that DB was not the umm "man" he was portrayed to be. IMO He clearly is a wanna-be-actor with little to no class. I think that the bachelor has run it course and it's time for fleiss to let go of his scripted brainchild. Besides who wants to be Bach 13!! Would we have the whole superstitious theme going????
    I will add I am looking for WTA and Amanda.
    Yorkies are like potato chips you can't have just one

Yes I did like Amanda and I hate the she got hurt
    but what is bad about Matt is that he took it too far with nearly every girl, kissing them one minute, booting them the next, he certainly misled Robin, Noelle and Amanda

Brad for the cad he was did choose he words carefully and said he tried to make sure he did not kiss two girls the same day and really only kissed a few of the girls and only made out with the finalists, so as much of a jerk we all thought he was Matt is worse, the kissing bandit

well at least fleiss managed to redeem brad a tad

Let them be in love

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2957016;
    I think it's "very very obvious" that this season is ridiculous and should be the last Bachelor.

Shayne and Matt are basically less successful versions of their parents: she's an F-list actress (if that), and he doesn't seem to have been too successful at the whole wealth management gig. They needed this show, and the attendant publicity, to jumpstart their non-existent careers. I hope it works out for them. Would love to see that ridiculous dog as the "flower girl"!
    (couldn't find a dog)

FORT Fan

Couple of things are going thru my mind right now.

First, so he's attracted to Shayne- that is fine. Does he need to tell another girl he's "falling for her", and make her think there are feelings there that are just not present? I know some of this is just the way it goes on TB, but there have been others who were more up front than he was. There must have been some indication that he cared, or why would all the girls in the house seeing something, too?

Second, the more I think about the way he was "discovered". He was on a blind date that was going poorly. So what does he do? Leaves the girl to go sit at a bar? That never has seemed right to me, somehow. So- he's asked to come to Hollywood and make out with a group of 25 hot ladies? There's something about a guy who would drop everything and do that... I guess we can't really expect more.

Agree 100%. Never saw anything with Amanda, and, BTW where is the screencap of Amanda's "shocked" face from last night. I remember a lot of conversation about the way Shayne looked at the RC last night from the preview cap. Now that it turned differently, we don't get Amanda who, to me at least, looked completely flabbergasted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast