Page 9 of 477 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;2904148;
    I think there is a WHOLE lot more going between Amanda and Matt than what we are being shown.
    You can tell that Noelle hasn't had the time with him as Amanda has... Noelle and he are still guarded in their convos. Amanda and Matt have broken through that a long time ago (somehow... which is revelade I am sure on the editing floor)

Did you notice that they didn't show us the kiss with the lifted foot beside the car...? How many others have not been shown?
    Matanda is very comfortable together which has come from being together.

And as far as the "not spending too much time together yet"... All of the 2 weeks that they have been taping so far on the Bachelor show is "not much time " for anyone is reality.

I'm seeing some good things. Hope though that this is not the Brooke, Sadie, Danielle or Bettina edit that I fell for before.
    Great points about Amanda. I sure hope you are right!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;2904136;
    I totally agree! I'm also 24 (will be 25 in June) and you explained everything perfectly.
    I'm just throwing my 2 cents in...I'm 33 now but I can tell you, I was no where near settling down and having a family at 22 or 24. I shutter to think if I had! If I'd married the boyfriend I had then, I'd have been divorced in a matter of months, most likely. I changed so much in the years between 22 and 28 and so did he....not in a good way. Looking back, a lot of the choices I made then were sooooo wrong. Not that I regret any of them because I wouldn't be where I am and who I am today. Even at 27 or 28, it was difficult to see myself as a wife and mother. On the other hand, my best friend got married at 21 and has 3 beautiful boys and a wonderful husband. That's one of the strongest marriages I've ever seen, outside my parents'. So, it can happen and like someone else said, it does happen, every day.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2904126;
    you know, there are still thousands of people who get married at 18-23 years of age and make it work and last their whole lives together. I don't think anyone can say if someone else is ready to get married based just on their age. I think Shayne may very well be ready to have a committed relationship, just not ready for Kids... She even said she's not ready for kids. If that's a top priority for Matt it will be a fierce conversation they need to have.
    I understand and agree with this idea also. I can see where at 22, some people are ready to settle down. By 22, at least 3 of my female high school classmates were married and 2 of those 3 had at least 1 kid. Personally, I think it's too young; but it's their life. (It also must be taken into consideration that these are extremely Catholic women who genuinely believe that their job is to have kids and raise them)

My random side story aside, there will need to be some serious conversation between Matt and Shayne, if she is indeed the chosen one and they are genuinely "in love" and committed to continuing the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;2904148;
    I think there is a WHOLE lot more going between Amanda and Matt than what we are being shown.
    You can tell that Noelle hasn't had the time with him as Amanda has... Noelle and he are still guarded in their convos. Amanda and Matt have broken through that a long time ago (somehow... which is revelade I am sure on the editing floor)

Did you notice that they didn't show us the kiss with the lifted foot beside the car...? How many others have not been shown?
    Matanda is very comfortable together which has come from being together.

And as far as the "not spending too much time together yet"... All of the 2 weeks that they have been taping so far on the Bachelor show is "not much time " for anyone is reality.

I'm seeing some good things. Hope though that this is not the Brooke, Sadie, Danielle or Bettina edit that I fell for before.
    But Matt even said before this one on one date with Amanda last week that they have not had much time together, so Noelle and Amanda were in the same boat before Amanda's one on one date this week....So maybe Noelle is the hidden one , I guess the consensus is anyone but Shayne, which I feel is the only one to be shown that he has a connection with......I like Shayne and I clearly see he is smitten with her......

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runamoc;2903846;
    Every episode we see Matt and Shayne kiss. Every episode the is a connection (big or small) shown to us. She is 22 and ready to find the man to settle down with. Now I don't know what age you guys were ready to start looking for a real man, but I was about that same age. Most women start looking at that age, some are done with college, want to start settling down. I think sometimes when we get OLDER we think 22 sounds so young. But, I have a kid in college and I could see it happening at 22. Not marriage, but seeking a permanent mate. I got married at 25. baby at 26. I wasn't too young. So why not have them date a couple of years and settle down. She would be about 24 or 25 and he would be 29 or 30. Doesn't that seem plausible. Everyone keeps mentioning how young and not ready she is even though she blatantly said I am ready to find the man to eventually settle down with. I hope this makes since. I like all three, Chelsea, Amanda, and Shayne, equally. For some reason many posters don't favor Shayne, when all along TPTB are showing us week after week his connection to her. Just be happy for them for now. He is smiitten as is she.
    I'm not saying I don't believe they couldn't make it because she's 22 [I met my husband at a college bar when we were 21!] I don't think there's anything serious there b/c she's 22 AND IN HOLLYWOOD!!

Be honest here-- how many times do you hear about such-and-such actress suddenly dating who's-he-whatzit actor and you shake your head and give them a couple of months. Why would we feel any differently about Shayne and Matt??!!??

while some believe they see a love story, I see an infatuation story between Matt & Shayne. Can't help it, that's just what I see.

I don't understand why so many 'Team Shayne' members are upset-- this happens EVERY season! At this point in the season, we all have favorites and dig in our trenches for the remainder of the season. Try not to take it personally or feel it personally *for Shayne*.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

?

There is something not clicking for me. ..

Here's the thing ....

Matt last night clearly seemed more serious in wanting to weed out the pretty ones with no substantial substance from the genuine girls he thought he had a "Real" future with..
    It is completely unbelievable to me that a self proclaimed(last night) conservative guy looking for a "wife" would pick Shayne in the end here,she is anything but conservative.. and while opposites do attract..he seems to be very concerned about making an intelligent decision here..but still all things last night still point to her as F1..not logical

Amanda's date was cute and she is beautiful and likes her..if Shayne weren't there..I could see her winning and them dating maybe and getting to know one another..she said herself that she was quiet around him...but to me this it doesn't seem like the time frame for him to fall in love with a "quiet" type girl..
    But Shayne is here and I think he is mesmorized by her and very,very into her...at the expensive of even noticing Amanda or someone else very much..and like it has been said for many seasons ...if the evidence is not there,as much as we "want" Amanda" to be the one ,lack of sc's and time are a sure sign of an F3 orF2 at this point

I predict that he will "fall" for the girl that moves him the most in the shortest time and that will be Shayne..whether it is purely lust or attraction,most relationships do start out that way...

The major problem is that Chris H. seems to think this show will bring viewers back..the Shayne and Matt show..but it so unbelievable to most married people at least,that these two could possibly work..it is a clear set-up for disappointment for the viewers because no one thinks this relationship could really be genuine....Chris H. is so way off on this one..

In seasons past.most people had their favorite and it was really between two realistic choices in the end..they both had their strengths and although you may have liked one more than the other,it was not completely unrealistic to think that whomever was chosen,they may work for awhile..

What's not clicking at all this season is that the clear frontrunner here is so unbelievable ...from what Matt says he wants and how he wants a wife..it makes it ridiculous to watch this unfold and ever be happy with the outcome..

And yes,I would love to see Amanda win and pull the rug right out from under Shayne..I just don't see it happening...
    Last edited by goldie2; 04-08-2008 at 07:41 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2903915;
    Behave yourself young lady! Aren't you going away with Mr. Fabulous soon
    I wasn't referring to something recent. I was referring to something from *years* ago I'm not 22 just in case you were wondering.

And, yes, two more sleeps until I leave.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2903956;
    Did he do advertisements on tv for margarine by any chance?
    Hmmm...I was actually wondering if he was French Canadian

I noticed last night that he was asking some of the girls if they would move to London. I wonder if Fleiss will let us see when he asks Shayne. I would like to hear her answer without it being sliced as well. Shayne is an actress, what would she do in London? I am sure there are some movies made over there.
    I know there is a lot of stage performances, which I can't see Shayne doing.
    Since she is not classically trained. I guess if Matt wants to stay in his profession they could live in New York, although, the way the economy is going I can't see a lot of job opportunites. Matt will have to stay in LA and become an actor and maybe that has been the plan all along.
    I just thought of it. You know how many actors have homes all over the world. Maybe the Lamas have one in or around London. That would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2904171;
    I'm not saying I don't believe they couldn't make it because she's 22 [I met my husband at a college bar when we were 21!] I don't think there's anything serious there b/c she's 22 AND IN HOLLYWOOD!!

Be honest here-- how many times do you hear about such-and-such actress suddenly dating who's-he-whatzit actor and you shake your head and give them a couple of months. Why would we feel any differently about Shayne and Matt??!!??

while some believe they see a love story, I see an infatuation story between Matt & Shayne. Can't help it, that's just what I see.

I don't understand why so many 'Team Shayne' members are upset-- this happens EVERY season! At this point in the season, we all have favorites and dig in our trenches for the remainder of the season. Try not to take it personally or feel it personally *for Shayne*.

I don't have a favorite this year, yea for me. I do feel that Amanda is getting the F3 edit ... we aren't seeing enough of her and Matt together, and keep waiting for more because we know she continues based on the sc's. I waited, and waited, and waited for Bettina's sc's to come to fruition, but they always drizzled out ... not necessarily the dates drizzled out, but what Fleiss chose to show us ... hot sc's, and very little on the actual date.

Chelsea is getting somewhat of a DeAnna edit ... direct, sometimes abrasive, etc.

Shayne's edit is clearly more airtime ... but not the in-your-face romance/chemistry Jenny or Bevin edit.

I think based on the edit so far, it's a toss up between Chelsea and Shayne, and Amanda leaves at F3.

But things could change.