Page 8 of 477 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Originally Posted by Lynn7
    I once had me one of those connections too, though not on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2903915;
    Behave yourself young lady! Aren't you going away with Mr. Fabulous soon
    Too funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2903956;
    Did he do advertisements on tv for margarine by any chance?
    LMAO!!!!!! You're showing your age.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nhromantic;2903390;
    I don't know if she's F1 or F2. BUT despite the lack of air time, she obviously has had time with him. How on earth did he know she fit his "ideal woman" sketch if he hadn't spent some time with her? How would he know she wouldn't expect it (FIR) if he hadn't spent some time with her to develop this opinion? He commented last nite about Amanda being the one who would enjoy the 50's date the most, he says HE picked her for that reason. Gosh, as far as I can tell so far, Chelsea would have enjoyed it too. So why pick Amanda? There's a lot going on we don't know about....

I can still see all F3 with F1 potential, Shayne's not my first choice primarily because I don't see it lasting and I really want to see another lasting relationship.
    Amanda was teaching Matt swing at the diner. I assume that is why she was chosen to go on that date.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

runamoc and aanjheni - I see your points. The relationship developing between Shayne and Matt appears to be getting more complicated as he seems to be backing away from infatuation at first sight and thinking long term. Yes, his simple man is showing in that he fancies the pants off of her, and I think - though I don't know her - that she may be looking for a solid man in her life. Whether his issues of longevity and her needs can be met will be an ongoing question between them until the end. Has Fleiss given us what we've asked for in what seems like forever - a love story from the beginning? Or is he up to his old tricks of showing first this connection then that connection and you all try and figure it out?

Currently I see three women who have established some sort of connection with his emotional side - Shayne, Amanda and Chelsea. Which is a good thing since they are all in the Final Three. It should prove an epic battle right to the end.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2904014;
    runamoc and aanjheni - I see your points. The relationship developing between Shayne and Matt appears to be getting more complicated as he seems to be backing away from infatuation at first sight and thinking long term. Yes, his simple man is showing in that he fancies the pants off of her, and I think - though I don't know her - that she may be looking for a solid man in her life. Whether his issues of longevity and her needs can be met will be an ongoing question between them until the end. Has Fleiss given us what we've asked for in what seems like forever - a love story from the beginning? Or is he up to his old tricks of showing first this connection then that connection and you all try and figure it out?

Currently I see three women who have established some sort of connection with his emotional side - Shayne, Amanda and Chelsea. Which is a good thing since they are all in the Final Three. It should prove an epic battle right to the end.

Very well said - I agree about all 3 having F1 potential - the pot continues to be stired
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by runamoc;2903846;
    She is 22 and ready to find the man to settle down with. Now I don't know what age you guys were ready to start looking for a real man, but I was about that same age. Most women start looking at that age, some are done with college, want to start settling down. I think sometimes when we get OLDER we think 22 sounds so young. But, I have a kid in college and I could see it happening at 22. Not marriage, but seeking a permanent mate. I got married at 25. baby at 26. I wasn't too young. So why not have them date a couple of years and settle down. She would be about 24 or 25 and he would be 29 or 30. Doesn't that seem plausible.
    For what it's worth, I'm 24, closer to 25, and definitely not nearly ready to settle down and get married, and the same applies for the vast majority of my friends. At 22 (and now), I was more focused on making something of myself professionally, fianancial stability, personal freedom, trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and getting out and seeing the world-- the polar opposite of settling down. I had many days (and have again recently as my career has changed a bit) where making it through a workday was overwhelming and draining enough that I didn't have the energy to share myself, nor would it have been fair to put someone else through it. I have the rest of my life to be married, and I don't see the need to rush it. My friends seem to feel the same way-- figuring out where their professional interests lie and building a career seems to be the most important thing for many of them. If it happens along the way, great. If not, great.

I'm not that old, but 22 seems young even to me. I know I've grown up a lot over the past couple years, and in the context of the show, I really think you can tell the difference in maturity level among the 22 year olds and the girls that are slightly older. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule (I couldn't believe Stacey was 26), but I think it's fair to say that the Noelles and Amandas of the group carry themselves differently than the Robins and the Ashlees, and I think that age has something to do with it.

Shayne may be mature for her age, but she doesn't cast off the vibe that she's ready to settle down. When I see her, I get the sense that she's looking for a stabilizing, protective force in her life, looking for someone to take care of her. I don't get the sense that she's ready for the challenges and work involved in making a marriage successful, and she leaves me to wonder if she truly understands the many facets of a lifetime commitment.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 04-08-2008 at 07:09 PM.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

you know, there are still thousands of people who get married at 18-23 years of age and make it work and last their whole lives together. I don't think anyone can say if someone else is ready to get married based just on their age. I think Shayne may very well be ready to have a committed relationship, just not ready for Kids... She even said she's not ready for kids. If that's a top priority for Matt it will be a fierce conversation they need to have.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2904108;
    For what it's worth, I'm 24, closer to 25, and definitely not nearly ready to settle down and get married, and the same applies for the vast majority of my friends. At 22 (and now), I was more focused on making something of myself professionally, fianancial stability, personal freedom, trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and getting out and seeing the world-- the polar opposite of settling down. I had many days (and have again recently as my career has changed a bit) where making it through a workday was overwhelming and draining enough that I didn't have the energy to share myself, nor would it have been fair to put someone else through it. I have the rest of my life to be married, and I don't see the need to rush it. My friends seem to feel the same way-- figuring out where their professional interests lie and building a career seems to be the most important thing for many of them. If it happens along the way, great. If not, great.

I'm not that old, but 22 seems young even to me. I know I've grown up a lot over the past couple years, and in the context of the show, I really think you can tell the difference in maturity level among the 22 year olds and the girls that are slightly older. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule (I couldn't believe Stacey was 26), but I think it's fair to say that the Noelles and Amandas of the group carry themselves differently than the Robins and the Ashlees, and I think that age has something to do with it.

Shayne may be mature for her age, but she doesn't cast off the vibe that she's ready to settle down. When I see her, I get the sense that she's looking for a stabilizing, protective force in her life, looking for someone to take care of her. I don't get the sense that she's ready for the challenges and work involved in making a marriage successful, and she leaves me to wonder if she truly understands the many facets of a lifetime commitment.
    I totally agree! I'm also 24 (will be 25 in June) and you explained everything perfectly.

And then again, that means we are actually buying the fact that Matt finds someone he actually wants to marry vs. is madly in like with or that even the F1( god forbid she has any input with her feelings) will feel that way.

Spin it back a few seasons ago to the sc of PLo putting that beee--u--teeful ring on his F1's finger! There was a proposal! A success, a happy ending!
    Yeah-- a success my patootie. Immediately after the show they were unwilling to discuss moving--it was going to be a busy flight schedule with visits and after the school year, they will talk about relocation!
    Ha--glad I didn't buy that one either!

Matt has not yet disclosed any of his future desires or goals in life or if he has it has --alas--been left on the cutting room floor.
    There are a lot of fierce convos that need to be have. And I have difficutly seeing that happen if the shows continue to be 60 mins long.

FORT Fogey

I think there is a WHOLE lot more going between Amanda and Matt than what we are being shown.
    You can tell that Noelle hasn't had the time with him as Amanda has... Noelle and he are still guarded in their convos. Amanda and Matt have broken through that a long time ago (somehow... which is revelade I am sure on the editing floor)

Did you notice that they didn't show us the kiss with the lifted foot beside the car...? How many others have not been shown?
    Matanda is very comfortable together which has come from being together.

And as far as the "not spending too much time together yet"... All of the 2 weeks that they have been taping so far on the Bachelor show is "not much time " for anyone is reality.

I'm seeing some good things. Hope though that this is not the Brooke, Sadie, Danielle or Bettina edit that I fell for before.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.