Page 7 of 477 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by runamoc;2903855;
    don't feel they are smitten with each other?
    Once again I call it lust on his part and why not. She is very pleasing to the eye. I still think she is a sandwich shy a picnic on occasion. I somehow can't get past the actress thing and I think she also knows how to play it.JMO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2903869;
    Matt said he doesn't want to wait to have children, he wants them soon so that unlike his father he will be able to play ball (rugby, etc) with them. Heck maybe since his family is large he wants to have a whole ruby team? He is ready to take the time to get to know the person first, but he is ready to start his family sooner then later. Shayne is ready to have a permanent boyfriend, not get married yet (from what I have heard and seen so far). She is very mature for her age, but she still has some growing up to do. (IMO) Matt won't easily forget the drama queen and temper tantrum side just because she is so beautiful and cuddly.
    Well Andy said the same thing about wanting to settle down & have children etc. We see how that is working out for him. I don't think we can take every comment literally. Esp. when you might say things before you fall in love with someone. Tessa did not seem to want to have children either & I doubt Marla does.That's what is so great about love, it just happens!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2903871;
    I once met a guy on vacation. He was an romance novel book cover model who had trouble stringing together a subject and verb. But we still had a great "connection" for that one, lovely week . . .

Ahem. What was my point, again? Oh, yes: my point is that Matt and Shayne may have a "connection", but in certain situations (for example, when one is on a beautiful tropical island ) the bar for establishing a connection can be pretty low. Trust me.
    I once had me one of those connections too, though not on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by runamoc;2903846;
    Every episode we see Matt and Shayne kiss. Every episode the is a connection (big or small) shown to us. She is 22 and ready to find the man to settle down with. Now I don't know what age you guys were ready to start looking for a real man, but I was about that same age. Most women start looking at that age, some are done with college, want to start settling down. I think sometimes when we get OLDER we think 22 sounds so young. But, I have a kid in college and I could see it happening at 22. Not marriage, but seeking a permanent mate. I got married at 25. baby at 26. I wasn't too young. So why not have them date a couple of years and settle down. She would be about 24 or 25 and he would be 29 or 30. Doesn't that seem plausible. Everyone keeps mentioning how young and not ready she is even though she blatantly said I am ready to find the man to eventually settle down with. I hope this makes since. I like all three, Chelsea, Amanda, and Shayne, equally. For some reason many posters don't favor Shayne, when all along TPTB are showing us week after week his connection to her. Just be happy for them for now. He is smiitten as is she.

Well thought out post runamoc

I remember reading for several seasons in a row, on this board, many, many, many posts that viewers just wanted to see a love story develop from beginning to end.

Now it is being shown and people either don't want to see it or can't see past Shayne being an actress (although they saw past it with Holly and Noelle). Or they don't like the way Fleiss edited her in the beginning and therefore any possibilities of her really looking for love are out the window.

I will be the first to say I was skeptical about this season, mostly because the show had a tainted air of "been there, done that" wafting around it. That has all changed now that the season has started. I am getting what I wanted - a love story from beginning to end with all the missteps, warts, and unflattering behavior that love and relationships bring.

I really didn't care who would be F1 (never really do) but I wanted a love story da@*$ and I am happy I am getting it.

Let the dart throwing begin.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2903890;
    I once had me one of those connections too, though not on holiday.
    Behave yourself young lady! Aren't you going away with Mr. Fabulous soon

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2903858;
    Right - some of us feel he is smitten with someone else
    Hi Cape,
    I wonder if you thinks he is smitten with Shayne and someone else? Who else? I like them all, I just heard him say he is smitten with her and her with him. When a man says something, listen. They are really simple beings! LOL How many times over the years has the bachelor picked the girls with the sexual chemistry. It hasn't worked out, but more often than not, that is the one chosen.

I get the impression that some acting may be going on and the connection may be just lust - but I also think he is very smitten with Amanda
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I once met a guy on vacation. He was an romance novel book cover model who had trouble stringing together a subject and verb. But we still had a great "connection" for that one, lovely week . . .

Ahem. What was my point, again? Oh, yes: my point is that Matt and Shayne may have a "connection", but in certain situations (for example, when one is on a beautiful tropical island ) the bar for establishing a connection can be pretty low. Trust me.
    Loved this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2903934;
    I get the impression that some acting may be going on - but I also think he is very smitten with Amanda
    I can see it building with Amanda too. I have watched every episode of every year and know it's all in the editing. But, there still has to be action for them to edit it together. Make sense?

Did he do advertisements on tv for margarine by any chance?
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.