Page 4 of 477 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by nhromantic;2903086;
    Right on! He clearly has the hots for Shayne, but probably knows in "real life" he wouldn't get a second glance from her.

He has stated in interviews that midway through the process he started being himself - like with Amanda, the nerdiness. He is also SUPER SHARP and so far only Amanda and Chelsea are a match for him there.

I love Amanda , but think Chelsea has a good shot too . She can say she doesn't want to hold hands, but what are they doing on the catamaran? Looks like holding hands pretty tight to me. Maybe she was joking with him and Fleiss only showed us enough to raise questions.

Yea, like, 10-day build up of "oh my gosh, I wonder if Bach 10 Tessa will accept the Fantasy suite invitation?!" And then when finally aired, she says "there's nothing I'd rather do."

Straight out deception is such an unimaginative way to seed doubt or create suspense.

Total B-team in terms of creative abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;2903259;
    A few things people have missed here:
    1. The "toast", girls in correct positions........F1 to Matts left F2 to Matts right F3 to Matts left next to F1.
    I did mention the placement of Shayne on his left and Chelsea on his right, I think, but it was in another thread. Is this always this position of the F3, even this early?

Some speculation on my part ...

I used to work for a divison of British Telecom and worked in a team of 12 guys. My thoughts are based on personal experience. British are stereotyped as being stuffy, stiff upper lip, but mixed with a very cynical sense of humor. Typically British women are rather quiet and bland. Guys in general love to have their egos stroked. Europeans have different ideas about fidelity and releationships. Smooching multiple women is not really out of the ordinary.

Matt is getting a ton of attention from a group of beautiful women and loving every minute of it. He's going to make the best of the situation.

Shayne may be looking for a relationship that is radically different than what she's used to. She grew up with divorced parents and was on her own at 17. Matt provides her with the stability she's looking for. Shayne provides Matt with the fantasy girl who adores him. Fleiss or no Fleiss its a win win.
    Kocktail Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;2903259;
    A few things people have missed here:
    1. The "toast", girls in correct positions........F1 to Matts left F2 to Matts right F3 to Matts left next to F1.
    2. F4 Matts right last one and 2 eliminated next week in middle left and right.
    3. Anyone catch Matt reading his right palm before calling out last rose?
    MAkes you wonder with only 9 girls there 3 roses already given out, 3 to keep how could he possibly not know who he wanted (maybe checking on producers instruction!)
    Did that really happen, Lellis819?

FORT Regular

Ok ladies and gents...I just have a few things...

First of all - I thought Noelle was absolutely beautiful last night! She looked so fab at the RC. I like her more and more...

Second - I wasn't too crazy about Miss Shayne at first, but last night she really grew on me. I like the way she called Robin out on her crap. I believe that she is going to be F3. Isn't it F3 that has a huge exit? I think she is going to be an emotional mess and still be the next Bachelorette.

Third - I can't wait to see the cat fight next week. I know...I'm sick and twisted! Is it any wonder why I love this show so much??

Lastly - Kelly...O Kelly! All I could do was shake my head....WITH LAUGHTER!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;2903144;
    There isn't enough time left for Amanda to even be developed here with a storyline,she has been MIA the whole season so far
    While it hasn't been highlighted and she hasn't been thrown in our faces every few seconds, Amanda *has* had a storyline, subtle though it is. She is the All-American girl on the show. Matt has described her this way twice now. Last night, he said 'Amanda has been perfect to date.' She's not being thrown in our faces, but she most certainly has a storyline-- reserved at first, funny, All-American girl who gets the stuffy British bachelor to let loose and laugh at himself. It doesn't get much sweet than that!!

ETA: If anyone was searching for a Buttercup-- there she is.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2903289;
    I posted about Shayne and Amanda being on his left, with his arm around Shayne, No one thought much of it. I thought that has been the "formula".. I know Andy's F2 placement was differentb because he turned Bev and Tessa around. Should we rely on the placement of the girls last night.. or do we think this formula is played out?
    I vote for played out.....isn't it way early to know F2 and F3 especially since he's not even been on a date with Chels yet? does she even get a date before HTDs?

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2903256;
    she was lucid????????
    More so there than later?

I don't know. My mind is hazy today. I think Matt's tonsils have gotten so much exercise lately that mine are getting sympathy pains...

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2903161;
    Dude, at this point I hope he picks Christina Applegate, just so that she moves to London and her show has to be cancelled.

I don't know, this guy confuses me. I find his face very readable, but he manages to kiss convincingly with a variety of girls, even when I'm otherwise convinced he doesn't really "feel it". I loved it last night when someone (?) said "Oh, he's kissed everyone here" and the tone was so blase, like "of COURSE he did -- the man is a complete first-base ho"
    He confuses me, too, and I have to be honest. I'm rapidly losing interest in this season because something about Matt rubs me the wrong way more and more as we go along. At first I thought it was because he's such a "first base ho", but I realized upon re-watch that I'm not connecting with him or rooting for him. He says he wants to find someone and settle down, I should believe him. He's cute, he's funny, I should like him at least a little. Nope, after last night I just felt squicked out by the whole show. None of those warm fuzzies I normally get by this episode. Blob, is that you? I just FEEL like he's playing everyone. I hate to say that, but that's the feeling I'm wrestling with this afternoon...

Let me tell you, I prefer to have those rose-colored "tru wuv" glasses firmly planted on my face. Watching this show with a cynical eye makes the whole show seem REALLY ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2903348;
    He confuses me, too, and I have to be honest. I'm rapidly losing interest in this season because something about Matt rubs me the wrong way more and more as we go along. At first I thought it was because he's such a "first base ho", but I realized upon re-watch that I'm not connecting with him or rooting for him. He says he wants to find someone and settle down, I should believe him. He's cute, he's funny, I should like him at least a little. Nope, after last night I just felt squicked out by the whole show. None of those warm fuzzies I normally get by this episode. Blob, is that you? I just FEEL like he's playing everyone. I hate to say that, but that's the feeling I'm wrestling with this afternoon...

Let me tell you, I prefer to have those rose-colored "tru wuv" glasses firmly planted on my face. Watching this show with a cynical eye makes the whole show seem REALLY ridiculous.
    Part of my "eehh" factor with Matt is he is being portrayed so one dimensional. F L A T
    With HDDA, he would constantly reiterate with the girls what he did in life and how that would affect who ever he chose--ie--Navy and Dr. currently living in Hawaii. He went as far as relating some of the dates to his life.

With HWSNBN, he talked about living in Austin and the busy life and hectic hours involved with being a business/bar owner and how that would effect his chosen.
    We don't get any of that with Matt.
    Outside of showing he has an interest in sports(and how many men don't?), we don't really see him bring in much of his personality to his dates--other than the kissing.
    There is more to life in "settling" down than just the word S E T T L E.