Page 2 of 477 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by nhromantic;2903086;
    Right on! He clearly has the hots for Shayne, but probably knows in "real life" he wouldn't get a second glance from her.

He has stated in interviews that midway through the process he started being himself - like with Amanda, the nerdiness. He is also SUPER SHARP and so far only Amanda and Chelsea are a match for him there.

I love Amanda , but think Chelsea has a good shot too . She can say she doesn't want to hold hands, but what are they doing on the catamaran? Looks like holding hands pretty tight to me. Maybe she was joking with him and Fleiss only showed us enough to raise questions.
    I totally agree with this entire post! Excellent observation about the hand-holding on the catamaran. I think she's teasing him in the sleigh too.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2903063;
    Shayne is a smart woman wrapped up in a vulnerable, little girl persona. That combo usually is very pleasing to men, and strokes the protective male side - I think it can actually yield high end results usually. But, this bachelor describes himself as "a nerd" - I am starting to see him relax more, and I do see a little bit of what he describes as some nerd like quality. I believe Matt's intelligence is such that he does see the smart little girl in Shayne, and wants to protect and cuddle; but, he also does not trust her completely. (He probably thinks: Is she acting?) I saw him a little more reserved with her at the rose ceremony 1:1 time. When he kissed her they were pecks, unlike the full (open) mouth thing he had going with Amanda on her date.

Amanda, well I don't know about anyone else but I am seeing it happen. This girl is funny and she makes him laugh - big time! I saw him a little awkward at first - you know that first date sort of nervousness when the date is so important to you that you want it to go well. But, they hit it off beautifully. I believe he is really into what he said with Marshana "really here head and heart into finding the right one". I do not believe he has any intention of launching a Hollywood career so that story line is dead as far as I am concerned. I see him falling in love with Amanda!
    Loved the little spoof thing Amanda and Chelsea had going with him shown at the end of the show turning in their roses - they are both great ladies and I can see that they make it to F2. IMO.

Chelsea, already they are defining her as F2 (when she talks about not being a person that enjoys holding hands - will it ruin her chances?...... Fleiss stuff).

While I was fooled by Fleiss in the Andy Bevan/Tessa season, it did make me more alert to listening to my own instincts. Unless I see otherwise - Amanda has his heart hands down!!!!
    I think your comments on Shayne are spot-on.

I want to agree with your comments on Amanda, but I need to see more. Last night was a good start, but there needs to be some good follow-up in the next couple of episodes.

I am starting to see why Chelsea is at least F3, as she reminds me of the girls in college who played sports (the straight ones ). Matt was captain of his college rugby team and sports are a big part of who he is. (Although last night we did begin to see an athletic side to Shayne.)

I am still trying to read through the editing for the 'reality' in this show, but it is the hardest season for me to call so far. I have only been wrong once, and I wasn't so much wrong as I didn't want TB to choose who he chose even though I could see it leading that way. I am still on the fence but I need a good book to read (better yet, the FORT) while I'm there as this season has me BORED!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2903073;
    It was an okay kiss but she is the one who initiated it.

Sometimes what looks like 'hot n heavy' is just a girl who is a very attentive kisser
    ITA - I'd take an Amanda/Matt close-up kiss to the one Chelsea had last week where she was leaning over to him while he was sitting on a different seat.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2903105;

I want to agree with your comments on Amanda, but I need to see more. Last night was a good start, but there needs to be some good follow-up in the next couple of episodes.

I am starting to see why Chelsea is at least F3, as she reminds me of the girls in college who played sports (the straight ones ). Matt was captain of his college rugby team and sports are a big part of who he is. (Although last night we did begin to see an athletic side to Shayne.)

I am still trying to read through the editing for the 'reality' in this show, but it is the hardest season for me to call so far. I have only been wrong once, and I wasn't so much wrong as I didn't want TB to choose who he chose even though I could see it leading that way. I am still on the fence but I need a good book to read (better yet, the FORT) while I'm there as this season has me BORED!
    I think he finds Chelsea hot in that he is attracted to athletic women. But, looking at her last night, I did not see anything hot about her myself. He is very attracted to her though- we saw him in Vegas where he wanted to be alone with her all through that date and finally took her off for 1:1 time.

I have only been wrong once in my picks as well - I felt Andy should pick Tessa, but feared he made a mistake and chose Bevan (my assumption not based on facts (final SC showing direction rose was facing), I believed in rumors - big mistake and taught me a lesson.

I believe you are wise to reserve judgment at this time, and I reserve the right to change my mind; but for now at least, I feel Amanda fits his post show comments perfectly, and they look (to me) a good fit. I could see them married in fact.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2903105;

There isn't enough time left for Amanda to even be developed here with a storyline,she has been MIA the whole season so far

.. .....I would need to see a full hour of just Amanda and Matt at this point and their interactions before I would even believe she has a chance at beating Shayne..I think it is wishful thinking to think she is F1 and that is fine..

She is nearly invisible when the other gilrs are there..After watching Samantha WHo? before the show I started thinking AManda WHo ?after because we really see nothing of her...
    On paper she looks great,and I think she would be awesome "wife material",but with Shayne there to distract him..I think she will come in at F2..

Dude, at this point I hope he picks Christina Applegate, just so that she moves to London and her show has to be cancelled.

I don't know, this guy confuses me. I find his face very readable, but he manages to kiss convincingly with a variety of girls, even when I'm otherwise convinced he doesn't really "feel it". I loved it last night when someone (?) said "Oh, he's kissed everyone here" and the tone was so blase, like "of COURSE he did -- the man is a complete first-base ho"

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;2903144;
    There isn't enough time left for Amanda to even be developed here with a storyline,she has been MIA the whole season so far

.. .....I would need to see a full hour of just Amanda and Matt at this point and their interactions before I would even believe she has a chance at beating Shayne..I think it is wishful thinking to think she is F1 and that is fine..

She is nearly invisible when the other gilrs are there..After watching Samantha WHo? before the show I started thinking AManda WHo ?after because we really see nothing of her...
    On paper she looks great,and I think she would be awesome "wife material",but with Shayne there to distract him..I think she will come in at F2..

I disagree. He might be distracted with Shayne , but Amanda has his heart.
    He was more himself with Amanda and it shows . His connection with Amanda is obvious to me .

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;2903144;

just keep in mind just because Amanda has been MIA as far as the viewing audience has been concerned..we see what Fleiss chooses for us to see does not mean she was MIA during the actual filming
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2903161;
    Dude, at this point I hope he picks Christina Applegate, just so that she moves to London and her show has to be cancelled.

I don't know, this guy confuses me. I find his face very readable, but he manages to kiss convincingly with a variety of girls, even when I'm otherwise convinced he doesn't really "feel it". I loved it last night when someone (?) said "Oh, he's kissed everyone here" and the tone was so blase, like "of COURSE he did -- the man is a complete first-base ho"
    Love your post!
    I think one of the reasons he is confusing is that he is mixing in his own feelings and some of his own behaviors together with those of what the Producers are telling him to do. Example--all that tonsil hockey. (see here are my tonsils)
    Loved it when that one girl stated that about him kissing everyone and then someone sadly pipes up--"not me" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2903190;
    Love your post!
    I think one of the reasons he is confusing is that he is mixing in his own feelings and some of his own behaviors together with those of what the Producers are telling him to do. Example--all that tonsil hockey. (see here are my tonsils)
    Loved it when that one girl stated that about him kissing everyone and then someone sadly pipes up--"not me" or something like that.
    It was Kelly who said "not me." Just another sad Kelly moment.