Page 12 of 477 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Oh, Casualfan, thanks so much! I'm trying not to get arguementative this season, so am grateful for the excellent hi def screen caps that were up this season AND the great location sluething that was done. That helped me a LOT! TPTB gave us a lot of early screen caps... That's gotten us all the way to F3...

sadly I don't think we can definitively say who the F2 are yet.... So MUCh speculation on who is F2... I say Shayne and Chelsea, but lots of others say Amanda/Chelsea or Amanda/Shayne.... WE definitely need more information!

One more thing... Matt's time with Shayne at the RC last night was edited very interestingly... First you see him almost disinterested when they are talking about the girls in the house and Shayne being aloof, then all of the sudden she's in his arms and he's kissing her ever so tenderly... That is soooooooo sexy, the way he pushed her hair back from her face... MY OH MY... whew! But it was so at odds with the first part of their conversation. It makes it hard to analyze which are the "real" feelings....

I think Amanda and Matt are SO cute together, but in this short time frame I'm not sure if "cute" is enough for the bach to make a potentially serious commitment....Smitten/totally bowled over with lust... those are usually the qualities that cause a Bach to choose F1....For some reason, I am just NOT seeing the incredible 'chemistry' others are seeing with Matt & Amanda. Given lots of time, I think Amanda would be the best choice, but in this situation, I believe Shayne definitely has the edge, plus Shayne's edit is getting progressively kinder...

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2903871;
    I once met a guy on vacation. He was an romance novel book cover model who had trouble stringing together a subject and verb. But we still had a great "connection" for that one, lovely week . . .

Ahem. What was my point, again? Oh, yes: my point is that Matt and Shayne may have a "connection", but in certain situations (for example, when one is on a beautiful tropical island ) the bar for establishing a connection can be pretty low. Trust me.
    Ahhhhh heavy sigh!!!!! Having flashbacks all over the place here!!!! too funny!!! Loved your post...but can't remember your point. May I just state for the record how much I love Chelsea....think she rocks, and I only mention her, cause she has probably not been mentioned in the past 20, 30, 40, 50 or 100 posts......and she deserves to be mentioned. And thanks sushifan for letting me share a MOMENT with you!!!! Thanks
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2905212;
    Oh, Casualfan, thanks so much! I'm trying not to get arguementative this season, so am grateful for the excellent hi def screen caps that were up this season AND the great location sluething that was done. That helped me a LOT! TPTB gave us a lot of early screen caps... That's gotten us all the way to F3...

sadly I don't think we can definitively say who the F2 are yet.... So MUCh speculation on who is F2... I say Shayne and Chelsea, but lots of others say Amanda/Chelsea or Amanda/Shayne.... WE definitely need more information!

One more thing... Matt's time with Shayne at the RC last night was edited very interestingly... First you see him almost disinterested when they are talking about the girls in the house and Shayne being aloof, then all of the sudden she's in his arms and he's kissing her ever so tenderly... That is soooooooo sexy, the way he pushed her hair back from her face... MY OH MY... whew! But it was so at odds with the first part of their conversation. It makes it hard to analyze which are the "real" feelings....

I think Amanda and Matt are SO cute together, but in this short time frame I'm not sure if "cute" is enough for the bach to make a potentially serious commitment....Smitten/totally bowled over with lust... those are usually the qualities that cause a Bach to choose F1....For some reason, I am just NOT seeing the incredible 'chemistry' others are seeing with Matt & Amanda. Given lots of time, I think Amanda would be the best choice, but in this situation, I believe Shayne definitely has the edge, plus Shayne's edit is getting progressively kinder...
    Simplechef I agree with so much of your post!

I wrote this in the Shayne spoiler thread this morning, because I had that same feeling after that kiss. I think it kind of explains the change in mannerisms, and if you rewatch it you can clearly see the wheels turn in his head as he comprehends what she said.

Yes, thank you Blondie! I posted this in the thoughts thread earlier but it may have gotten missed. When I saw that kiss, I thought WOW, the tenderness of it, the way he was stroking her face and her hair, the way she looks at him, just WOW. But it seemed to be an odd placement for that particular type of kiss. It made more sense as I read the epi recap on ABC this morning.

"He asks if she's sure she wants to be here and she says, "Look what I'm doing -- I'm sharing a man I'm falling in love with with seven other women!" They kiss and he strokes her face reassuringly."

The "i'm falling in love" part was edited out, but in rewatching the scene you can see that Matt almost spits out his drink and then comprehends what she said. He then looks at her with the little smile you have captured in your screencaps.

What does it mean? Heck if I know, I just thought it was a real romantic moment. I'm with those that feel like they are witnessing a love story this season....

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2905228;
    Ahhhhh heavy sigh!!!!! Having flashbacks all over the place here!!!! too funny!!! Loved your post...but can't remember your point. May I just state for the record how much I love Chelsea....think she rocks, and I only mention her, cause she has probably not been mentioned in the past 20, 30, 40, 50 or 100 posts......and she deserves to be mentioned. And thanks sushifan for letting me share a MOMENT with you!!!! Thanks
    Karey
    I completely agree, and I am not 100% convinced that she is not the F1 yet. I always tend to like the F2 and F3 girls though, so she's probably not the F1. Hopefully Chelsea is happy no matter what, because she seems truly hilarious, beautiful and genuine.
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nova;2903090;
    Was that their first kiss? For some reason, I thought there was a SC from the week of the Vegas date of them kissing, but it wasn't shown on air. But I'm operating on about 3 hours of sleep at the moment, so I don't really trust my memory.
    Hey nova
    You are correct....no sleep or not...Matt definitely kissed Chelsea in the screen cap of him in his room in Vegas, when she won the rose, yet again. They never showed the kiss on the episode. And BTW to everyone....Chelsea received the rose from Matt yet again on the tennis date, even though both times when Chelsea got the rose, there was a significant person on the date left waiting at the RC to receive hers. Has that ever happened before, that a considered F1 on a group date is NOT given the rose for a considered F2 or F3 before.??? And it happened TWICE!?! I have never noticed it before.

Matt also has stated the most lovely, intriguing, compelling statements about Chelsea, even though they are dismissed by most everyone here. For everyone to toss out Chelsea as a major contender stuns me....she gets to F2...possibly F1!!! And Mattt has connected with her, and they have fun, and she has won roses on 2 Shayne dates. Why is no one talking about her but a miniscule few of us (or was that just me over and over again, having multpile personalities again) . Chelsea seems to have made a far bigger connection that we have seen than Amanda has...and I love Amanda too...but she has no story. Chelsea is exuberant, funny, engaging, poised, confident, mature, strong, athletic....NOT high maintenance, funny....(did I say that already? ) Chelsea is my pick, cause she fits everything Matt spoke of what he wants, and what he speaks of what he has now....and he stated she is a great kisser. The man is smitten, as he seems to be with many of the women. I just enjoy Chelsea most but I love them all.......all F4. And I think they can all do better than Matt!!! Thanks
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2905288;
    Hey nova
    You are correct....no sleep or not...Matt definitely kissed Chelsea in the screen cap of him in his room in Vegas, when she won the rose, yet again. They never showed the kiss on the episode. And BTW to everyone....Chelsea received the rose from Matt yet again on the tennis date, even though both times when Chelsea got the rose, there was a significant person on the date left waiting at the RC to receive hers. Has that ever happened before, that a considered F1 on a group date is NOT given the rose for a considered F2 or F3 before.??? And it happened TWICE!?! I have never noticed it before.

Matt also has stated the most lovely, intriguing, compelling statements about Chelsea, even though they are dismissed by most everyone here. For everyone to toss out Chelsea as a major contender stuns me....she gets to F2...possibly F1!!! And Mattt has connected with her, and they have fun, and she has won roses on 2 Shayne dates. Why is no one talking about her but a miniscule few of us (or was that just me over and over again, having multpile personalities again) . Chelsea seems to have made a far bigger connection that we have seen than Amanda has...and I love Amanda too...but she has no story. Chelsea is exuberant, funny, engaging, poised, confident, mature, strong, athletic....NOT high maintenance, funny....(did I say that already? ) Chelsea is my pick, cause she fits everything Matt spoke of what he wants, and what he speaks of what he has now....and he stated she is a great kisser. The man is smitten, as he seems to be with many of the women. I just enjoy Chelsea most but I love them all.......all F4. And I think they can all do better than Matt!!! Thanks
    Karey

Great post Karey! I really like her too! She is hilarious and I agree it's quite surprising that she isn't talked about much around here! I love love her sense of humor
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2905103;
    I've been watching this show with a cynical eye since... since the first season. And it's ridiculous, but entertaining ridiculous. The only time I wavered a bit was during Meredith's season and just a bit for a minute there with Jerry and J** until about the home town date. I kind of liked Jerry, you know. I've had a few soft spots here and there for Moana, Agnese and even Bevin but other than that... ughh. All the bachelors gave me the creeps aside from Andrew (Firestone not the Blandy).

With Matt we just passed the fourth episode and I still don't know what to think of him. Horny, unemployed Brit with somewhat of a sense of humor. But hell, then he likes fluff like Shayne which makes my opinion of him plummet. Can he be sensible? - as Jane Austen would say. I can tolerate him much better by himself during PIs when he makes fun of the girls and the situations but when he's performing tonsillectomies on everyone and their mother on the show, he's just a big tool. Possibly a paid tool. I've seen it tossed about that that's somehow the European way and I have to say a big no to that. We Europeans are not some distinct species characterized by more highly developed macking instincts. Matt is just a horndog. Possibly a paid horndog.

What's my point? Oh, yeah. I guess the good news is that I don't hate him yet, which is remarkable in itself. Usually by the third episode I'm ready to shove a rose down the Bachelor's throat and kick him off a ledge. There's time though. I'm sure he'll do something stupid in the next episode and then this brief lukewarm like-affair will be over.

Oh Ms Froggy
    I love your semi rants always, but to actually to get to read what feels like a novel....I feel honoured!!!!!!! 3 paragraphs!!!! You rock. Wish I knew a publisher!

Thanks for sharing your sentiments.....and your snarky point of view. I just chuckle every time I read your posts, even when you snark on someone I care about...so to have 3 paragraphs was monumental. . I had to acknowledge your contribution.

BTW...I hated most every one you liked, Jerry the Player?!? huh, except, I loved Moana. She was robbed and destroyed, as was I. From the moment I saw what happened to her, I decided to always sleuth, and have been here since. And everything you state about HWSNBN is right on. I just always enjoy your insight....even when I don't agree. BTW...I loved Agnese too!!!! PLO lost out majorally. Coward....hope the pet shampoo is selling!
    Thanks
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2905309;
    Great post Karey! I really like her too! She is hilarious and I agree it's quite surprising that she isn't talked about much around here! I love love her sense of humor
    Talk about a stealth, not so stealth F3 - wow - she is beginning to come on...with another date rose and a 1:1 next week, her storyline is really picking up. It looks from one of the previews that Matt's question about her is the "friend" question...do we have more beyond friendship? I think she is in first place in his kissing derby and he may be looking for that deeper connection. Maybe in Idaho.

I, too, love her low key humor and her laugh. Her face changes at times which takes me by surprise. It is going to be a very interesting finish to this season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2905331;
    Talk about a stealth, not so stealth F3 - wow - she is beginning to come on...with another date rose and a 1:1 next week, her storyline is really picking up. It looks from one of the previews that Matt's question about her is the "friend" question...do we have more beyond friendship? I think she is in first place in his kissing derby and he may be looking for that deeper connection. Maybe in Idaho.

I, too, love her low key humor and her laugh. Her face changes at times which takes me by surprise. It is going to be a very interesting finish to this season.
    No kidding! She looks like a completely different person in between her dates, PIs and RCs. If it weren't for her voice and the fact that I know that she is there, I would be thinking of her as a new comer most of the time. A poster (can't remember who) has labeled her as the chameleon bachelorette and I couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by zen4; 04-09-2008 at 04:20 AM.
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2905160;
    I know most won't care, but I just checked the leaderboard and I am on the front page... Finally! After so many seasons playing... I made the leaderboard! WOO HOO!!! Of course it won't matter since the top 7 either regularly post here or lurk here to scoop the correct people... But HEY... My names on the front page... (doing a Chandler dance .. from Friends)...
    simplechef - Congrats!

Sure, you are doing a Chandler dance, but are you also singing "Smelly Cat" too?

ETA: oops - I thought the "smelly cat" interview with Matt was on this thread but it was in the Media thread. Sorry. So many threads, so little ability to remember....
    Last edited by aanjheni; 04-09-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: old-timer's moment
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.