Page 10 of 477 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;2904209;
    I noticed last night that he was asking some of the girls if they would move to London. I wonder if Fleiss will let us see when he asks Shayne. I would like to hear her answer without it being sliced as well. Shayne is an actress, what would she do in London? I am sure there are some movies made over there.
    I know there is a lot of stage performances, which I can't see Shayne doing.
    Since she is not classically trained. I guess if Matt wants to stay in his profession they could live in New York, although, the way the economy is going I can't see a lot of job opportunites. Matt will have to stay in LA and become an actor and maybe that has been the plan all along.
    I just thought of it. You know how many actors have homes all over the world. Maybe the Lamas have one in or around London. That would be perfect.
    I think I read someone on this board said that he asked Shayne on their 1 on 1 date about moving to London it was on the ABC recap, If this is not correct I am sure someone will correct me.......

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2904520;
    I think I read someone on this board said that he asked Shayne on their 1 on 1 date about moving to London it was on the ABC recap, If this is not correct I am sure someone will correct me.......
    I read somewhere she said she would live in a garage or shoe box with him ...

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2904108;
    For what it's worth, I'm 24, closer to 25, and definitely not nearly ready to settle down and get married, and the same applies for the vast majority of my friends. At 22 (and now), I was more focused on making something of myself professionally, fianancial stability, personal freedom, trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and getting out and seeing the world-- the polar opposite of settling down. I had many days (and have again recently as my career has changed a bit) where making it through a workday was overwhelming and draining enough that I didn't have the energy to share myself, nor would it have been fair to put someone else through it. I have the rest of my life to be married, and I don't see the need to rush it. My friends seem to feel the same way-- figuring out where their professional interests lie and building a career seems to be the most important thing for many of them. If it happens along the way, great. If not, great.

I'm not that old, but 22 seems young even to me. I know I've grown up a lot over the past couple years, and in the context of the show, I really think you can tell the difference in maturity level among the 22 year olds and the girls that are slightly older. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule (I couldn't believe Stacey was 26), but I think it's fair to say that the Noelles and Amandas of the group carry themselves differently than the Robins and the Ashlees, and I think that age has something to do with it.

Shayne may be mature for her age, but she doesn't cast off the vibe that she's ready to settle down. When I see her, I get the sense that she's looking for a stabilizing, protective force in her life, looking for someone to take care of her. I don't get the sense that she's ready for the challenges and work involved in making a marriage successful, and she leaves me to wonder if she truly understands the many facets of a lifetime commitment.
    See, and then there's me. I'm 25, been married four years and have a two year old. I was younger than Shayne but that said, I'd like to think I was a whole lot more mature than she is. She is coming off across as no where near ready. I think it depends on who you are, but I think that most 22 year olds are not ready for marriage these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LAlady;2903889;
    Well Andy said the same thing about wanting to settle down & have children etc. We see how that is working out for him. I don't think we can take every comment literally. Esp. when you might say things before you fall in love with someone. Tessa did not seem to want to have children either & I doubt Marla does.That's what is so great about love, it just happens!!!
    Andy's parents also don't have parents in the late sixties. Believe me, priorities for having kids when your parents may not be around change the tone of the sentence, "I want to settle down and have children right away". I never took Andy as being serious. Matt I give a little more weight to because of how old his parents are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;2904691;
    I read somewhere she said she would live in a garage or shoe box with him ...
    Yep, you are correct, Bet! It was from the recap on ABC. It's fun to read those because sometimes things get left out of the final edit...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2904108;
    For what it's worth, I'm 24, closer to 25, and definitely not nearly ready to settle down and get married, and the same applies for the vast majority of my friends.
    My 29 and 25 yo daughters have not settled down yet..would be nice to have a grandchild

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme;2904823;
    My 29 and 25 yo daughters have not settled down yet..would be nice to have a grandchild
    My 24 year old daughter is married with two little girls and my 22 year old is in a longish relationship and she just had a little boy. I think it just depends on who it is. I can't see my 15 year old daughter wanting to settle down until closer to 30...that girl has plans My 12 year old son seems to think he's going to live with me forever. Ha! Read the fine print on the birth certificate manchild...it says you must move out at 18 so that I can get my gray hair coloured back to the blonde it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2904875;
    My 24 year old daughter is married with two little girls and my 22 year old is in a longish relationship and she just had a little boy. I think it just depends on who it is. I can't see my 15 year old daughter wanting to settle down until closer to 30...that girl has plans My 12 year old son seems to think he's going to live with me forever. Ha!
    Read the fine print on the birth certificate manchild...it says you must move out at 18 so that I can get my gray hair coloured back to the blonde it used to be.
    Love it!!
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

If I may jump on the bangwagon for pro vs con of marrying early. I was 19 when I got engaged. It was a long distance relationship with a sailor. Lovely letters, beautiful gifts and wonderful reunions in San Francisco.. LOL! Three years later when he came home for good... we didn't have it anymore. There was no drama. No in your face romance. We broke up... not in a very nice way.. ugh

I am now 36, and married to the yin to my yang. We got married when I was 25 and he was 27. At that time we were ready for each other. And believe me we have been thru so muchthat I look back and think of the "boys" I dated. I married me a man. A good man.

My point was, it doesn't matter so much about age as it does with the situation. If you are constantly submerged in drama, then you need to step out of it and see if the relationship can work in the "real world" I think this is why these shows don't work. It's hard to do the everyday mundane stuff with someone you met and fell in "lovelustdrama" with. I know from experience. I know it can work, but you have to have the maturity and the drive to want it... more than anything else. I knew at 22 when I walked away it was the hardest descision I ever had to make... I think that's when I realized I was becoming an adult. LOL!
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

Thanks Blondie for the wonderful high definition caps!