Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Hands, hands and more hands

FORT Fogey

Re: Hands, hands and more hands

I don't think any of them should propose at the FRC. That is crazy to ask someone to marry you when two days before you were seriously dating someone else, and a few short weeks before that you were dating and kissing 11 other women. That doesn't even address how short a time the person has even had dating to whom he is going to propose.

As far as Andy goes, the fact that Andy had the hots for Bevin the whole time should have been a red flag. We know they broke off the official engagement in August. Tessa was depicted as reluctant with the whole process during the show;that should have been another red flag that she wasn't ready to be engaged.
    Andy didn't know Tessa well enough, and since he was so physically attracted to Bevin, he really didn't know himself well enough to be engaged to be married either.
    I think back on the pre-wedding events for Ryan and Trista, and one of the things they showed us was Ryan's Bachelor party where they had tackily hired these women to come on to Ryan and try to tempt him to physically stray from Trista. Ryan was slightly drunk, but even so, all he could do was wander around and cry out for Trista. He never even looked at the physical temptation in front of him. Ryan was engaged and ready to be married.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2882927;
    I think back on the pre-wedding events for Ryan and Trista, and one of the things they showed us was Ryan's Bachelor party where they had tackily hired these women to come on to Ryan and try to tempt him to physically stray from Trista. Ryan was slightly drunk, but even so, all he could do was wander around and cry out for Trista. He never even looked at the physical temptation in front of him. Ryan was engaged and ready to be married.
    Bloomers, you made me revive one of the most outrageous moments in Bachelor or Bachelorette history. I remember the whole snafu, how sad it was to try and ruin Trista and Ryan's celebration.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugged;2882983;
    Bloomers, you made me revive one of the most outrageous moments in Bachelor or Bachelorette history. I remember the whole snafu, how sad it was to try and ruin Trista and Ryan's celebration.
    It was tacky and outrageous on the part of Fleiss, but it did show just how into Trista Ryan really was.

On the other hand, ABC put several million dollars into that pink production. I couldn't help but cynically wonder just what they would have done if the inebriated Ryan had caved in to one of the women physically trying to entice him. Besides hurting Trista, that really would have hurt ABC's fairytale romance and wedding if they had shown it regardless of the drama it would have produced.

Can we just ask for any color other than PINK if anything comes to fruition?

Sheesh....I think we've gotten more weddings out of "The Biggest Loser"...
    (hmmmmmm...how to make this play into hands......)

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;2882998;
    Can we just ask for any color other than PINK if anything comes to fruition?

Sheesh....I think we've gotten more weddings out of "The Biggest Loser"...
    (hmmmmmm...how to make this play into hands......)
    I can't help but thinking how refreshing it must be for Ryan to see some blue in the house now that they have Max. Can you believe the pink craze it would be if they had a girl?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2882994;
    It was tacky and outrageous on the part of Fleiss, but it did show just how into Trista Ryan really was.

On the other hand, ABC put several million dollars into that pink production. I couldn't help but cynically wonder just what they would have done if the inebriated Ryan had caved in to one of the women physically trying to entice him. Besides hurting Trista, that really would have hurt ABC's fairytale romance and wedding if they had shown it regardless of the drama it would have produced.
    But don't forget they also showed Ryan and Trista talking about it and working through that whole disaster of an attempted come on.

I hope this season we have a love story like T&R, but I'm just not feeling it. I hope I'm wrong, but until I see some SC of Matt holding one of the girl's hand or shopping for a ring -- anything that shows me some romance light in the end of the tunnel. Whether he's a randy kisser bandit or not, whether he's looking to a Hollywood career or not, I like him. I haven't been keen on a Bach for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2882927;
    I don't think any of them should propose at the FRC. That is crazy to ask someone to marry you when two days before you were seriously dating someone else, and a few short weeks before that you were dating and kissing 11 other women. That doesn't even address how short a time the person has even had dating to whom he is going to propose.

As far as Andy goes, the fact that Andy had the hots for Bevin the whole time should have been a red flag. We know they broke off the official engagement in August. Tessa was depicted as reluctant with the whole process during the show;that should have been another red flag that she wasn't ready to be engaged.
    Andy didn't know Tessa well enough, and since he was so physically attracted to Bevin, he really didn't know himself well enough to be engaged to be married either.
    I agree, I think its actually a healthier sign if they DON'T propose at the FRC. The only thing is, and this is not a good reason to get engaged, but I think the show pays for an engagement ring if they do it then so there is an incentive.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2883140;
    I agree, I think its actually a healthier sign if they DON'T propose at the FRC. The only thing is, and this is not a good reason to get engaged, but I think the show pays for an engagement ring if they do it then so there is an incentive.
    The show does pay for the ring and there are stipulations as to whether or not you get to keep it. Aaron and Andrew both paid for their own ring didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2883164;
    The show does pay for the ring and there are stipulations as to whether or not you get to keep it. Aaron and Andrew both paid for their own ring didn't they?
    I remember one of them, I think it was Aaron, saying he wanted to pay for it himself. I couldn't decide at the time if that was admirable or if it was playing to the audience, since they don't make a big deal of the fact that the show is paying for the ring.