Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "All Is Not As It Seems."

"All Is Not As It Seems."

Thought I would start a thread for what we believe to be the explanation of this quote. Those who have been around for awhile already know this to be true. (due to editing...role playing..directing...etc...)

Since this quote seems to come up often..I can't help but think that the messenger is sending us a cryptic little message.....
    Are we being so investigative...that we are missing something that is so simple...or is there something to the message????

Re: "all Is Not As It Seems"

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2875959;
    Thought I would start a thread for what we believe to be the explanation of this quote. Those who have been around for awhile already know this to be true. (due to editing...role playing..directing...etc...)

Since this quote seems to come up often..I can't help but think that the messenger is sending us a cryptic little message.....
    Are we being so investigative...that we are missing something that is so simple...or is there something to the message????
    I'm not going to forget that this was uttered (most likely) by someone who left before the HT dates (I know, that rules out Matt). Since the episodes had not aired yet when this post appeared, it could not be based on how something was edited. Therefore, I am assuming it has something to do with the way scenes are set up and how the girls (and possibly Matt) are coached. They may have noticed something also, like Shayne getting preferential treatment.

I am so glad that you started a thread for this. That quote has been bothering me since I heard it. We know that things are always very edited on this show, but does this mean that it is even worse this year? Hopefully some of our insider posters can clarify this for us as much as they are able to!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2876051;
    I am so glad that you started a thread for this. That quote has been bothering me since I heard it. We know that things are always very edited on this show, but does this mean that it is even worse this year? Hopefully some of our insider posters can clarify this for us as much as they are able to!
    EXACTLY!!! I find it odd that someone would even post that statement here of all places....knowing that we (and anyone reading here)... are already "onto" Fleiss' tricks...so what does this cryptic little sentance hold for the F1????

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I believe Keeping secrets came on here and basically said the "all is not as it seems" relates to people aren't necessarily as they are portrayed on the show. I don't think she had some BIG scoop about it meaning something shocking, just that the show is EDITED and nearly scripted not necessarily real life. If you search for keepingsecrets posts, you'll find it.

FORT Newbie

Shayne is not really a bad actress. She is actually a good actress playing the role of a bad actress who comes for the publicity and is there to create drama. But, wonder of wonders, she really and truly falls in love and must convince her "prince" that her love is for real even though her initial motivation was false.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiemcg;2876085;
    Shayne is not really a bad actress. She is actually a good actress playing the role of a bad actress who comes for the publicity and is there to create drama. But, wonder of wonders, she really and truly falls in love and must convince her "prince" that her love is for real even though her initial motivation was false.
    That's a mouthful with way too many subtexts. But, yes, we don't truly know how her original entry into the show was executed, so it could be indeed that the actress got real, and last week, almost blew the part and the show. I'm still cutting her less slack than others, but it will be interesting to see if it stays real for her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2876105;
    That's a mouthful with way too many subtexts. But, yes, we don't truly know how her original entry into the show was executed, so it could be indeed that the actress got real, and last week, almost blew the part and the show. I'm still cutting her less slack than others, but it will be interesting to see if it stays real for her.
    I've only quasi been following the spoilers (okay, really REALLY quasi), but the quote "All is not as it seems" refers to Shayne because she's, what? Just playing a part [character] in this thing?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2875959;

I hope you don't mind me jumping in but I think that it may refer to what was already said. It does seem that Shayne is playing a part at this point, but could it be that she truly does fall for him???

Quote Originally Posted by Jagamaha;2876155;
    I hope you don't mind me jumping in but I think that it may refer to what was already said. It does seem that Shayne is playing a part at this point, but could it be that she truly does fall for him???
    I have a feeling that CAGRL4Rose and keepingsecrets would not be privy to that information, having left before the HT dates. In fact, based on her posts, keepingsecrets could have well only been there the first night.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast