Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "All Is Not As It Seems."

Re: "all Is Not As It Seems"

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876076;
    I believe Keeping secrets came on here and basically said the "all is not as it seems" relates to people aren't necessarily as they are portrayed on the show. I don't think she had some BIG scoop about it meaning something shocking, just that the show is EDITED and nearly scripted not necessarily real life. If you search for keepingsecrets posts, you'll find it.
    I agree, and usually at least one participant will say something to this affect each season. Even the B or B'ette which is the center of the show is surprised how something in the show gets edited to give a different feeling. Trista and Meredith made comments to that effect, as have many of the bachelors. We really have to be careful of how we view the editing. They can make a good girl look bad or vice versa - all depending on the effect Fleiss is trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2876617;
    I agree, and usually at least one participant will say something to this affect each season. Even the B or B'ette which is the center of the show is surprised how something in the show gets edited to give a different feeling. Trista and Meredith made comments to that effect, as have many of the bachelors. We really have to be careful of how we view the editing. They can make a good girl look bad or vice versa - all depending on the effect Fleiss is trying to achieve.
    The thing is that this was said before the show started airing, actually during the course of filming. What it means, if anything, is up for debate, but in the absence of a lot of new information it's fun to talk about it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2876177;
    Not what it seems............. for gosh sakes this whole show is never what it seems LOL
    Yeah, I don't see anything earthshattering in that statement either. This whole show has been that way since the first season and we all know it. Besides it was posted way back when it looked like this person was kicked to the curb in the first or second episode. If indeed they've ever been on the show. This is the internet after all, land of the free for all and home of the anonymous nickname.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2877840;
    Yeah, I don't see anything earthshattering in that statement either. This whole show has been that way since the first season and we all know it. Besides it was posted way back when it looked like this person was kicked to the curb in the first or second episode. If indeed they've ever been on the show. This is the internet after all, land of the free for all and home of the anonymous nickname.
    Actually, I thought when you put Closed Caption on--after the words "The Bachelor" show up you get "all is not what it seems" underneath. JMO

Here are the original posts.
    cagrl4rose,
    You guys are off the mark. All is not what it seems. I have made it through several rounds and I know what I am talking about. Unfortunately, it will be difficult for you to figure this one out.
    keepingsecrets,
    Being one of the ladies in question...I just want to let you all know that I am definitely not hurt or upset by anything said on this site. I am just sitting back and enjoying watching you all put the puzzle together. Of course there are many things I could point out as simply being "crafty editing" for each of our "characters", but everyone will have their opinions regardless. The comment "Nothing is as it seems" is simply referring to the entire process of "producing" a story. From producer prompting to editing, no person or event is going to be 100% (sometimes not even 10%) accurately portrayed. Reality is not actuality. At the same time, they can't work with what you don't give them. So take it all with a grain of salt...which you guys already know.

Just know that we are still around even though we may be quiet at times. And just like you are watching us and choosing favorites, we are doing the same with you. I appreciate the support I'm getting from many posters here!!
    cagrl4rose
    Keeping secrets is right with the 'all is not what it seems' comment. You guys are good at trying to figure me out. I'm impressed!

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876076;
    I believe Keeping secrets came on here and basically said the "all is not as it seems" relates to people aren't necessarily as they are portrayed on the show. I don't think she had some BIG scoop about it meaning something shocking, just that the show is EDITED and nearly scripted not necessarily real life. If you search for keepingsecrets posts, you'll find it.
    I don't know if this has been already stated ( I haven't read all of the thread, so forgive me if it has) but this was said prior to TB being shown. So how would the girls know how they would be edited? Just a thought

FORT Fogey

Since this statement was said before the show was aired and confirmed by another before the ht dates would have been, I think it refers to the interactions/romance that we see in these first episodes. Which makes sense. Why does he keep some of these girls? Many of us can't figure that out. Why did Shayne have this meltdown before she even knew Matt? I think a lot of what we are seeing in these first episodes is all producer induced so we have to be careful on judging the "romance" early on. Why aren't we seeing more of Amanda? Maybe it's because she wasn't a part of the early "script" for this show. Cagrl4rose calls the series a
    "sham" and "trainwreck". That is what she saw behind the scenes early on. Like many have posted I think Fleiss set some things up to make sure he gets a show and a backup if Matt did not find "love". These girls are aware that. That's why the comments. Now they don't know what happened once the "drama" of the house ended. Hopefully what we see after that is the real deal and Matt did truly find love.

Typically the women that are cast for this show have not watched every season of "The Bachelor" nor read message boards (if they want to stay past the first rose ceremony), so perhaps this poster was unaware of the manipulations involved in the filming of this show.

In talking with past bachelorettes, I was told of their being instructed on what to say, what to wear, how to put their hair up or down, what jewelry to put on when, who sits where, cut ~ 'you are talking about something boring you need to spice it up', etc... Oh yes, the infamous 'you must do a human trick if you want to talk to the Bachelor' bullying by the production staff. That must come as a shock to someone not knowledgeable to how a reality show is truly produced. Actually I would probably be shocked as to what really goes on with these shows if I was on one.

That is not to say that love cannot happen on the show ~ Trista and Ryan proved that it can as well as other couples that were together for awhile ~ but it happens despite the show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Great explanation Blondie. Thank you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2876069;
    EXACTLY!!! I find it odd that someone would even post that statement here of all places....knowing that we (and anyone reading here)... are already "onto" Fleiss' tricks...so what does this cryptic little sentance hold for the F1????
    I don't think this quote means much of anything.

Someone familiar with the sleuthing that goes on here probably threw this out to create some drama on the board, and they did.

We already know he is in love and this will be a very happy ending.

So how much does it matter that something on a reality show is not what it seems? It never is.
    Last edited by shoepie; 03-29-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast