Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "All Is Not As It Seems."

Re: "all Is Not As It Seems"

Not what it seems............. for gosh sakes this whole show is never what it seems LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2876105;
    That's a mouthful with way too many subtexts. But, yes, we don't truly know how her original entry into the show was executed, so it could be indeed that the actress got real, and last week, almost blew the part and the show. I'm still cutting her less slack than others, but it will be interesting to see if it stays real for her.
    This shows reminds me of those sentiments of sticking your finger in the wind to see how the wind is blowing for that day & if you don't like the weather today...stick around & wait till tomorrow.....

Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2876171;
    I have a feeling that CAGRL4Rose and keepingsecrets would not be privy to that information, having left before the HT dates. In fact, based on her posts, keepingsecrets could have well only been there the first night.
    possibly...but why come to these boards...and the "spoiler" section to boot...if they wanted to get everyone "rowled up" and start rumblings that the show could be "scripted" to some degree..(gasp!! oh my gosh!)...then why not post on another board...?????

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2876242;
    possibly...but why come to these boards...and the "spoiler" section to boot...if they wanted to get everyone "rowled up" and start rumblings that the show could be "scripted" to some degree..(gasp!! oh my gosh!)...then why not post on another board...?????
    At the time keepingsecrets posted during preseason, she saw us floundering with identifying who the Bachelorettes may be, too tempting not to give a little "nudge."

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;2876222;
    This shows reminds me of those sentiments of sticking your finger in the wind to see how the wind is blowing for that day & if you don't like the weather today...stick around & wait till tomorrow.....
    That sounds like Oklahoma your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2876177;
    Not what it seems............. for gosh sakes this whole show is never what it seems LOL
    So true capegal! In terms of the comment in question my interpretation has always been that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in making a "love story". I was at the taping of the After the Final Rose last season and I definitely felt that way after leaving the taping -- before seeing the edited version of the show. Everything that we see is directed to a certain extent.

I have heard in the past that participants are basically told what to discuss with each other before their one on one times. The women are also told to sit around and talk about specific dates, or specific other women. This is because as the filming is going on producers are creating their characters in the love story. Obviously they can only use what the participants give them, but I'm sure to those who took part in this season and past seasons it was a shock as to how "directed" the scenes are. That's how I took it and unless I hear differently I'm stickin' to it

FORT Fogey

I am far, far more interested in the part about this being "a train wreck". Most all of us were already aware of the editing, and that things are not always (and very frequently) not what they seem. We have all been "Fleissed" up one side and down the other.

However, is this person indicating that the outcome is going to be a "trainwreck"? Of course, as we have just viewed one of those, and we have seen several in the past, we have to be weary when we hear those kind of works because it portends failure before it ever gets started.

I would really like to hear an explanation for this part of Cal4roses post whether by post or by PM.

i took it that way also casualfan--i think that what that statement means is that not everything we see is what is really going on--that we should keep in mind that things are done for tv and may not be how these folks really are or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2876290;
    So true capegal! I have heard in the past that participants are basically told what to discuss with each other before their one on one times. The women are also told to sit around and talk about specific dates, or specific other women. This is because as the filming is going on producers are creating their characters in the love story. Obviously they can only use what the participants give them, but I'm sure to those who took part in this season and past seasons it was a shock as to how "directed" the scenes are. That's how I took it and unless I hear differently I'm stickin' to it
    Which ties into the fact the Holly supposidly leaves because of something she was asked to do.....hmmmmmm

FORT Newbie

I'm not saying that singing at Matt wasn't enough to have Matt send Carri home. Nope. Would have done it for me!

But... wouldn't it be more likely that Carri would leave because she found something distasteful? She seems to be pretty religious and some of the carrying on looks pretty wild - not what I would want my daughter to be doing. :nono Carri would have to think about how she's going to answer to her church....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast