Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Candles/F2 screencap analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Candles/F2 screencap analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876120;
    Amanda's meeps in PI's is starting to remind me of Sadie's virginity.. it's brought up every show and in most of her PI's... IT's getting old already.
    That's a PTB editing thing. We can't hold it against her.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;2876124;
    That's a PTB editing thing. We can't hold it against her.
    Fear not, we are holding it against Fleiss, not Amanda.

They may be repeating her 'meeps' explaination for those new viewers that chime in late so they understand who she is
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876120;
    Amanda's meeps in PI's is starting to remind me of Sadie's virginity.. it's brought up every show and in most of her PI's... IT's getting old already.
    kind of reminds me of Deanna's mother and how losing her made her s-t-r-o-n-g. Also reminds me of Danielle's fiance...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

can'tstopwatching...EXACTLY... totally agree with you!

I am not holding anything 'against' Amanda for the peeps, however it is going to be THROWN in our face EVERY SINGLE episode... I am sure of it and it's not because it's for "new" viewers.. It's because Fleiss decided it would be fun to emphasize this quirk of her personality... Of course in real life it means nothing. It wouldn't stop any reasonable person from loving her, but it's intended to make us see her as "flawed", like danielle, sadie, Deanna, etc.... It's not a real flaw, but an invented/emphasized flaw for the sake of story line.

I see Amanda's 'meeps' a bit differently from a dead boyfriend/mother type of thing - which is sad in of itself - but I see it as something that Amanda has to live with and deal with every single day - in every single situation that she is in - personally and professionally. It must be very difficult at times when she is not able ot control it - in fact I do recall during the meet/greet that she commented that she was able to get thru talking to Matt without hiccuping - to her relief. I am sure there are times when they really get in the way of something going on.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

For editing purposes, I see the meeps as Amanda's story line akin to Danielle's dead boyfriend. It's the hook that creates interest for the viewer. And, if it is still her storey line when she's meeting the parents, then it doesn't bode well for her as F1. However, I do see it differently than Sadie's virginity hook. Sadie's issue was kept in the fore front to remind us that although she was a contender for F1, she had a potential strike against her. It was used to create doubt as to whether she could make it to F1. For me, it's the intent in which these hooks are used. For Amanda, it's a funny, some times embarassing cross she has to bear but in no way impacts whether or not Matt would chose her.

Similarly, Jenni's hook was her career and it was an impediment that might keep her from F1. I never personally viewed Deanna's mother as a hook because it wasn't what they highlighted of her in every episode. Actually, I didn't consider Deanna to have a hook because, they didn't need one since Jenni's hook created the doubt.

Not all of the F1, F2, F3 need a hook, per se. But, either F1 or F2 has to have one that creates a doubt to keep the viewers in suspense. This season, I see Amanda with the meeps hook for interest but not anything that advances the storey line. That's why I still think Shayne and Chelsea are F1 and F2. Shayne has the hook of questionable intent to create doubt with the viewers. So, far, we haven't seen any particulal hook/story line for Chelsea. Editing wise, so far Chelsea's seems kind of similar to Deanna's.

What's this got to do with candles? Yeah, I got nothing.

You can add Shayne as an actress and her famous family is thrown in our face every episode too....
    Forever a Word Nerd

BUCKEYE - That is very true - and more than once in epi 2 uuummm
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

The only thing about the actor thing with Shayne is, it's only been two episodes and we don't have any future PI suggestions that it continues to come up, unlike Amanda's meeps that we have her in clothing we haven't see yet talking about it yet again. If we continue to see Shayne's acting in the PI's then YES, it is her "cross to bear"... if not, it's been dealt with and she's been "redeemed" from it... Does that make sense?

In Shayne's PI's she says her acting is a non-issue... she is quite clear that it's where she's from but not who she is... Amanda on the other hand has shown that Meeps is soemthing she is concerned about...

I don't think the Meeps are a bad thing about Amanda, but it's possible they are using it cause doubt about Amanda and we'll know that if they use it every single episode. With just two episodes shown, we don't know for sure how they are going to use the acting card or the meeps card. HOwever, we do know that Amanda talks about Meeps again (at least two more times) because we have two more Meeps PI caps.