Page 53 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2876444;
    True, but how many people didn't like DeAnna in the beginning? Some still don't, but a lot of people changed their opinion of her along the way. Just like our opinion can change toward the negative. Didn't we used to get two hours in the early episodes? Everything's so crammed now. Can't they give us a DVD with deleted scenes or something? LOL I want a blooper reel
    I tried to stay neutral last season and track the editing that was going whacky. The continual rise in the storyline was about all that I could say was consistent with the F1 (that wasn't). The editing was all over everywhere (because of the ending, I think), but one other thing that didn't change besides the storyline very much was the way that people felt about DeAnna. The majority of those that decided they didn't like her from the 3rd episode never changed their opinions. Some of them said they felt sorry for her and they didn't think she had been treated right, but they still didn't like her.

Don't be too disappointed if people don't forget the Shayne (character) that Fleiss showed them last Monday night. The thing is that he knew how people were going to react to her "me" statements and attitudes, so if she is F1, then he has set her up for people to have a bad feeling about her. He could have gotten the same idea across without showing us all of the statements that were made. That is what makes me wonder what is really going on.....

You see, I think Fleiss left in the whole load of Deanna's (offensive) bluntness, plus Chris Harrison bringing it back up and encouraging everybody to rehash it at the WTA because although she was the F1, she had truly been negatively edited as the F2. Fleiss made sure that many people still viewed the blunt DeAnna negatively in the same manner that many F2s are viewed.

BLOOMER - that makes sense - similar happened I think - in the Andy/Bevin/Tessa situation
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2877051;

You see, I think Fleiss left in the whole load of Deanna's (offensive) bluntness, plus Chris Harrison bringing it back up and encouraging everybody to rehash it at the WTA because although she was the F1, she had truly been negatively edited as the F2. Fleiss made sure that many people still viewed the blunt DeAnna negatively in the same manner that many F2s are viewed.
    In restrospect, was the editing (especially of Deanna) a CYA move on Fleiss' part to justify the actions of his hand picked Bachelor? He had to expect the storm that would be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2877051;
    I tried to stay neutral last season and track the editing that was going whacky. The continual rise in the storyline was about all that I could say was consistent with the F1 (that wasn't). The editing was all over everywhere (because of the ending, I think), but one other thing that didn't change besides the storyline very much was the way that people felt about DeAnna. The majority of those that decided they didn't like her from the 3rd episode never changed their opinions. Some of them said they felt sorry for her and they didn't think she had been treated right, but they still didn't like her.

Don't be too disappointed if people don't forget the Shayne (character) that Fleiss showed them last Monday night. The thing is that he knew how people were going to react to her "me" statements and attitudes, so if she is F1, then he has set her up for people to have a bad feeling about her. He could have gotten the same idea across without showing us all of the statements that were made. That is what makes me wonder what is really going on.....

This makes sense to me. I think DeAnna, even though she was the final 1, kinda, was shown in a negative light because of the way the show ended. I think since Matt chose someone in the end and they have the potential to make it in the real world, he will not show the final 1 in a negative light like DeAnna was shown even though she was the final 1. JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2877082;
    This makes sense to me. I think DeAnna, even though she was the final 1, kinda, was shown in a negative light because of the way the show ended. I think since Matt chose someone in the end and they have the potential to make it in the real world, he will not show the final 1 in a negative light like DeAnna was shown even though she was the final 1. JMO
    And, in a strange way, how Fleiss edited DeAnna as though she were a F2, redeemed his show, more than anybody on it, because many viewers, who don't know any better, might look at no F1 as being DeAnna's fault because she was so abrasive and bullying at times. In a way he magically edited the show so that everyone was to blame but he and the show. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2877100;
    And, in a strange way, how Fleiss edited DeAnna as though she were a F2, redeemed his show, more than anybody on it, because many viewers, who don't know any better, might look at no F1 as being DeAnna's fault because she was so abrasive and bullying at times. In a way he magically edited the show so that everyone was to blame but he and the show. I don't know if that makes sense or not.
    You're making sense... but I respectfully disagree. I don't really think that DeAnna's behavior (no matter if you liked it or not) was the reason for Brad not wanting to date any one out of 25 "eligible bachelorettes".
    Last edited by Estella; 03-28-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2877116;
    You're making sense... but I respectfully disagree. I don't really think that DeAnna's behavior (no matter if you liked it or not) was the reason for Brad not wanting to date any one out of 25 "eligible bachelorettes".
    But I do see Lynn's point. By deflecting blame (through a iffy edit) onto DeAnna, TPTB could distance themselves from the disaster.

Yes, many of us preferred seeing someone we thought as the F1 with warts and all, but very many more didn't. The parts of their conversations left in and left out would have made many people truly wonder what he saw in her...IF she had be a true F1, her edit would have been cleaned up and the WTA girls would have been coached to be nice.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2877212;
    But I do see Lynn's point. By deflecting blame (through a iffy edit) onto DeAnna, TPTB could distance themselves from the disaster.

Yes, many of us preferred seeing someone we thought as the F1 with warts and all, but very many more didn't. The parts of their conversations left in and left out would have made many people truly wonder what he saw in her...IF she had be a true F1, her edit would have been cleaned up and the WTA girls would have been coached to be nice.
    If they were to be "coached" to be nice, could they also have been "coached" (except for Jade) to be negative. She was not there to defend herself as CH said.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2877212;
    Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to say but you said it better

I'm wondering also if it might be Noelle doing "native" dance.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world