Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1580

Thread: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

  1. #511
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=simplechef;2876103;]From my business teaching, I also remember though that Pleasers tend to hold a grudge, and don't forget the past either. So if Matt is truly a pleaser, Shayne's poor behavior, while forgiven, would NEVER be forgotten.[/QUOTE

    I guess i'm confused--did shayne do something that would be something worth holding a grudge? Did she betray matt? Or did she say ugly things about him? I think all she did was what so many before her have done which is say that she doesn't know if this is for her because she is not used to having to fight with 6 other girls for one man--every season someone says that--so i dont really think it is something that he would hold a grudge for at all--pleaser or not. JMO

  2. #512
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    los angeles
    Age
    47
    Posts
    179

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2876048;
    If my limited memory serves me correctly...Holly told him she was not nervous. (I think, but don't quote me on that. )
    Karey
    I think you're right Karey

  3. #513
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    los angeles
    Age
    47
    Posts
    179

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;2876132;
    Never forget the edit.....we saw 3 days crammed into 46.38 minutes.
    Amen to that~

  4. #514
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    los angeles
    Age
    47
    Posts
    179

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=kwtaylor;2876559;]
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876103;
    From my business teaching, I also remember though that Pleasers tend to hold a grudge, and don't forget the past either. So if Matt is truly a pleaser, Shayne's poor behavior, while forgiven, would NEVER be forgotten.[/QUOTE

    I guess i'm confused--did shayne do something that would be something worth holding a grudge? Did she betray matt? Or did she say ugly things about him? I think all she did was what so many before her have done which is say that she doesn't know if this is for her because she is not used to having to fight with 6 other girls for one man--every season someone says that--so i dont really think it is something that he would hold a grudge for at all--pleaser or not. JMO
    Couldn't have said it better myself kwtaylor!!!

  5. #515
    MT Native Bjaminsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    448

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=kwtaylor;2876559;]
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876103;
    From my business teaching, I also remember though that Pleasers tend to hold a grudge, and don't forget the past either. So if Matt is truly a pleaser, Shayne's poor behavior, while forgiven, would NEVER be forgotten.[/QUOTE

    I guess i'm confused--did shayne do something that would be something worth holding a grudge? Did she betray matt? Or did she say ugly things about him? I think all she did was what so many before her have done which is say that she doesn't know if this is for her because she is not used to having to fight with 6 other girls for one man--every season someone says that--so i dont really think it is something that he would hold a grudge for at all--pleaser or not. JMO
    I don't think he will be "holding a grudge" per say. I think what is being said about forgiven, never forgotten, means that he is going to remember that fact that she threw a tantrum and didn't put up with the process. IN his after interviews he has said his F1 would have to understand and put up with the process. Not in those exact words but close. Anyway, the tantrum and dramatics will be filed away in his brain and be part of his final assessment of what and who he wants to have a long term relationship with.

    When you are looking for a life partner, you don't necessarily want someone who wants their way all the time, is all about "me" and I think that is why they showed the scene with Shayne. She is young and is focused on what she wants. "I'm use to the attention, the million roses, etc" It shows her immaturity in this area to deal with the process. Although hard the process may be, they all know what they are getting into. The tantrum to me seemed out of line and CHILDISH.

    After all we are talking about the 12th season. This may show her inability to compromise in a relationship. Matt seems to be more of a person who wants an equal partner and doesn't want to have to be the person who is always giving in the 100% and getting nothing in return in the relationship. It is hard for someone who is "me" focused to give themselves to the extent they need to in order to make the other person happy. (I know this as my daughter is an 'all about me' person and never wants to compromise). This will be why he will let her go at F3 or F2, IMHO.

  6. #516
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2876539;
    Actually, be like Big Brother and give us a live feed. That would be something.
    Actually, I've been thinking Marshana reminds me of Jameka in the upcoming squabble with Chelsea.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  7. #517
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom;2876598;

    When you are looking for a life partner, you don't necessarily want someone who wants their way all the time, is all about "me" and I think that is why they showed the scene with Shayne. She is young and is focused on what she wants. "I'm use to the attention, the million roses, etc" It shows her immaturity in this area to deal with the process. Although hard the process may be, they all know what they are getting into. The tantrum to me seemed out of line and CHILDISH.

    This was my take as well. They left that bit in for a reason, and it did show a sense of immaturity on her part. All of the women know that there is only 1 guy and several women. I was put off by the attitude she had about not having to wait around for the guy, etc.

    I want to believe that she is sincere, but that "welcome to my set" quip just made it a bit harder for me to accept.

    The caps show us that Matt is protective of Shayne, so maybe there is a more vulerable side to her that we will see eventually.
    Last edited by ASassyKat; 03-28-2008 at 06:51 PM.

  8. #518
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=Bjaminsmom;2876598;]
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2876559;

    I don't think he will be "holding a grudge" per say. I think what is being said about forgiven, never forgotten, means that he is going to remember that fact that she threw a tantrum and didn't put up with the process. IN his after interviews he has said his F1 would have to understand and put up with the process. Not in those exact words but close. Anyway, the tantrum and dramatics will be filed away in his brain and be part of his final assessment of what and who he wants to have a long term relationship with.

    When you are looking for a life partner, you don't necessarily want someone who wants their way all the time, is all about "me" and I think that is why they showed the scene with Shayne. She is young and is focused on what she wants. "I'm use to the attention, the million roses, etc" It shows her immaturity in this area to deal with the process. Although hard the process may be, they all know what they are getting into. The tantru
    m to me seemed out of line and CHILDISH.

    After all we are talking about the 12th season. This may show her inability to compromise in a relationship. Matt seems to be more of a person who wants an equal partner and doesn't want to have to be the person who is always giving in the 100% and getting nothing in return in the relationship. It is hard for someone who is "me" focused to give themselves to the extent they need to in order to make the other person happy. (I know this as my daughter is an 'all about me' person and never wants to compromise). This will be why he will let her go at F3 or F2, IMHO.

    I don't know why I feel compelled to say this every single time, BUT ...

    No one, including most especially Matt Grant, goes onto a show called "Bachelor 12" with the intent of finding an actual real world life mate. Adventure, fun, romance, attachment, for sure. That's not to say that when the FRC wraps, there aren't serious, warm feelings...which cannot translate to their real lives.

    And if Matt was engaged in a Quest to Find the One Perfect Mate Among the 25 Suitors, he would not do so by micro-analyzing FILMED exchanges with the potential 'life partner.'

    This part -- where the viewing audience buys into the show's Looking For A Wife / Looking for Her Prince premise -- drives me batty.

  9. #519
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,897

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;2876774;
    This was my take as well. They left that bit in for a reason, and it did show a sense of immaturity on her part. All of the women know that there is only 1 guy and several women. I was put off by the attitude she had about not having to wait around for the guy, etc.

    I want to believe that she is sincere, but that "welcome to my set" quip just made it a bit harder for me to accept.

    The caps show us that Matt is protective of Shayne, so maybe there is a more vulerable side to her that we will see eventually.
    I agree. Why leave that in unless he's setting her up for some kind of storyling down the road.

    Interesting, also, is that they left in Amanda saying, "maybe Matt's my cure."

  10. #520
    I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Treasure Valley Idaho
    Posts
    3,272

    Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=kwtaylor;2876559;]
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2876103;
    From my business teaching, I also remember though that Pleasers tend to hold a grudge, and don't forget the past either. So if Matt is truly a pleaser, Shayne's poor behavior, while forgiven, would NEVER be forgotten.[/QUOTE

    I guess i'm confused--did shayne do something that would be something worth holding a grudge? Did she betray matt? Or did she say ugly things about him? I think all she did was what so many before her have done which is say that she doesn't know if this is for her because she is not used to having to fight with 6 other girls for one man--every season someone says that--so i dont really think it is something that he would hold a grudge for at all--pleaser or not. JMO
    Actually holding a grudge doesn't really mean that you're mad at somoene forever... It means that you're not the type of person to let things go... He said that the "drama" around Shayne was a turn off, and I doubt if he's truly a "pleaser" that he'd forget that about her... It doesn't mean he choses her and it certainly doesn't mean Shayne made a mistake in telling him how she feels... I said only that he'll not forget that it happened... That's what a Pleaser does... consistently. OF COURSE now we're going to get 20 posts about how so & so is a pleaser and doesn't hold a grudge...whatever.

    I am simply saying a pleaser generally doesn't forget issues from the past. The may forgive, but not forget. I was simply pointing out a characteristic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.