Page 101 of 158 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1580

Thread: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

Re: Fantasy Dates Screencap Analysis **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;2900915;
    I don't have a problem w/Amanda in F3 position if that's the case but I can't get too excited about a Shayne/Chelsea F2 unless they improve Chelsea's edit. Sorry but Shayne as F1 is in the same catagory as a no pick because it means IMO that either there was noone there that Matt saw a future with or Matt wasn't there for the right reasons. Nothing against Shayne...I really am amused by her character.
    A lot is riding on tonight. If we don't see Meredith/Ian-type heat coming from those two, Amanda is definitely F3. I like Chelsea as a person but not as a match for Matt at all, and I don't think she's F1. I agree that Shayne is amusing, and I find her charming, but if Matt chooses her, I'll have to conclude that Matt wasn't there for the right reasons. But I've speculated before that he might think he's ready to marry but not actually be ready. If he does pick Shayne, I hope they have fun together for a while. I don't see a wedding coming out of that relationship, though.

Why should we judge Matt harshly or even at all for his intentions on coming on the show?

It is an entertainment for the masses, and his statements to the media and to the girls about his intentions have to be viewed against that reality, not some pitch piece to network execs about the premise of the show.

He came on for fun and adventure and to try out Hollywood. It's not a crime and it's not a fraud. It's not testimony. No one's freedom or livelihood hinges on the truth of what he says.

People who feel misled, in short, perhaps fell into a mode of projecting real world expectations onto a pure entertainment, fantasy venture.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2901058;
    Why should we judge Matt harshly or even at all for his intentions on coming on the show?

It is an entertainment for the masses, and his statements to the media and to the girls about his intentions have to be viewed against that reality, not some pitch piece to network execs about the premise of the show.

He came on for fun and adventure and to try out Hollywood. It's not a crime and it's not a fraud. It's not testimony. No one's freedom or livelihood hinges on the truth of what he says.

People who feel misled, in short, perhaps fell into a mode of projecting real world expectations onto a pure entertainment, fantasy venture.
    Well put. I agree.

Here is the beach...Mullins Bay area in Barbados...

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CindyBee;2900897;
    Oh, another reason I think Amanda doesn't make it past final 3 as I think Fleiss would be playing up the fact that she got the FIRST IMPRESSION ROSE and OMG, SHE IS THE ONE. But we've barely seen her the past few weeks. YMMV, of course.
    Last season was the other side of the coin where Jenni got the FIR and they showed her all the time, and we saw how that ended up. I think this season, they're taking a different page and are back to Andy/Tessa editing and they're 'hiding' Amanda's getting the FIR to take things on a different direction.

Obviously, there's something going on that the girls see between him and Amanda or Robin wouldn't have asked Amanda questions during Amanda's meep session. Remember, Robin said 'if things are out on the table, you can deal with them instead of the awkward elephant being in the room...' She specifically wanted to talk to Amanda about things... I'm assuming b/c she sees Amanda as a threat in some manner.

I just keep going back to Matt's interview where he said he got comfortable halfway through taping-- there had to be a reason for that...

(sigh) Anyways, we'll know either way tonight...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2901058;

I totally agree. Let him have his fun, again it's a show after all. Why everyone has to judge someone for picking whoever it is they pick on all these shows??? We are not there , we do not see all that really goes on. If he is happy with who he picks & it works great!! If not, that is OK too.

Like with Andy, Brad, Travis etc. We need to consider this more while we watch.

I don't watch any of these shows ( AI, DWTS, BACH) to say, if the one I want is voted off, not picked, etc.I won't watch anymore) or I would not start watching in the first place. All of these above shows are entertainment!! And all of these shows every season deal with the concept at one time or another that they are fixed. I mean really, do we see the number of calls that really come in for these contestants on AI & DWTS.

But, I enjoy watching and the suspense factor each week keeps us coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2901084;

I just keep going back to Matt's interview where he said he got comfortable halfway through taping-- there had to be a reason for that...

(sigh) Anyways, we'll know either way tonight...
    Yes, we will. Even if Fleiss slices and dices and tries to hide it, I reckon Lynn7 will see through it and fill us in.

FORT Fogey

I seem to be missing some of the logic. We know a villa is involved. We know the Hilton is involved. We have Shayne/Matt at the villa and Chelsea/Matt at the Hilton. I'm going to assume Shayne did not receive preferential treatment and that she was put up at the Hilton for her FD along with Chelsea and Amanda. Since they went to Barbados for FDs, left for the London HTs and returned for FRC, it makes sense that the villa did not come into play until LCD. In most of the early seasons, the final two girls always went to the Bachelor pad for LCD. So, it makes sense to me that they would do this with the villa. Therefore, we have Shayne on LCD at the villa.

But, we still don't have Chelsea and Amanda hammered out (hammered, maybe ). The only thing putting Chelsea in F2 are the print top/black dress scs. And these are the same scs where Matt appears to be wearing the same shirt. I think its odd that Matt would not only be wearing the same shirt again, but with the same girl. If that turns out to be the same date, then we still might only have Chelsea at FD.

I'm not convinced, based on scs, that Amanda can be ruled out of the F2. Or, am I missing some logic here?

ETA: Great find on the beach, cupcakes. You can even see them in the distance!

Obviously, there's something going on that the girls see between him and Amanda or Robin wouldn't have asked Amanda questions during Amanda's meep session. Remember, Robin said 'if things are out on the table, you can deal with them instead of the awkward elephant being in the room...' She specifically wanted to talk to Amanda about things... I'm assuming b/c she sees Amanda as a threat in some manner.
    I didn't get this out of that scene at all. The only reason Amanda was highlighted was so that we could experience her hilarious meeps. I didn't think Robin was targeting her specifically at all.
    Last edited by blhstock; 04-07-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;2901079;
    Here is the beach...Mullins Bay area in Barbados...

All I can say is wow.
    That looks identical.
    Are you sure you weren't there with Shayne and Matt to take that sc?

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;2901099;
    I seem to be missing some of the logic. We know a villa is involved. We know the Hilton is involved. We have Shayne/Matt at the villa and Chelsea/Matt at the Hilton. I'm going to assume Shayne did not receive preferential treatment and that she was put up at the Hilton for her FD along with Chelsea and Amanda. Since they went to Barbados for FDs, left for the London HTs and returned for FRC, it makes sense that the villa did not come into play until LCD. In most of the early seasons, the final two girls always went to the Bachelor pad for LCD. So, it makes sense to me that they would do this with the villa. Therefore, we have Shayne on LCD at the villa.

But, we still don't have Chelsea and Amanda hammered out (hammered, maybe ). The only thing putting Chelsea in F2 are the print top/black dress scs. And these are the same scs where Matt appears to be wearing the same shirt. I think its odd that Matt would not only be wearing the same shirt again, but with the same girl. If that turns out to be the same date, then we still might only have Chelsea at FD.

I'm not convinced, based on scs, that Amanda can be ruled out of the F2. Or, am I missing some logic here?

ETA: Great find on the beach, cantstopwatchin. You can even see them in the distance!

I didn't get this out of that scene at all. The only reason Amanda was highlighted was so that we could experience her hilarious meeps. I didn't think Robin was targeting her specifically at all.
    I think you may be referring to my post earlier in that I think the final 2 are Chelsea and Shayne because of the newly found Great House Villa and the Hilton room. It's just my opinion, that's all. No logic here.

Wow cupcakes, wonderful find!