Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Spoilers

Re: Matt Grant - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2861506;
    I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't turn into a Blob [I've counted 4 girls he kisses at the next rose ceremony alone!] but I might just forgive him that with his sense of humor!

Every bachelor should kiss every girl. You just cant be compatible with a girl that kisses like a wet fish, so it's an easy way to get rid of the ones you will never be compatible with.

I am more impressed, actually, with those bachelors whose attitudes have been that of kissing fewer, more selectively, with more meaning even though they have stated later that they were pushed by the producers the whole time "to kiss more."
    I might have been tempted to agree with you up until Brad Womack. The guy did not develop feelings for any of the women (to the point that he did not even want to date one of them) . OK, fine. He didnt fall for anyone. But he had to kiss a few of them for the sake of the show. (Each of the hometown date women at the very least). And he held back as much as the producers would allow.
    Is it better to kiss only four or five women you have no desire to date in the future, or is it "better" to kiss seven or eight women , only two of which you are developing feelings for? I dont know the answer. I'm just trying to fine tune where I stand on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2864741;
    It's not a double standard when it's two sets of rules applied to two very different types of men.
    I, for one, shall withhold judgment until I see if he pulls a "Blob" on the fantasy dates.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2864785;
    I might have been tempted to agree with you up until Brad Womack. The guy did not develop feelings for any of the women (to the point that he did not even want to date one of them) . OK, fine. He didnt fall for anyone. But he had to kiss a few of them for the sake of the show. (Each of the hometown date women at the very least). And he held back as much as the producers would allow.
    Is it better to kiss only four or five women you have no desire to date in the future, or is it "better" to kiss seven or eight women , only two of which you are developing feelings for? I dont know the answer. I'm just trying to fine tune where I stand on this issue.
    Not to beat a horse that's so dead you can barely tell where it was, but that was the disappointing thing about Brad's season. In retrospect, it was pretty easy to tell where he disengaged, and from then on he was only going through the motions. (I don't fault him for not finding anyone, it was just disappointing to watch.) So what was he supposed to do at that point? I don't know, and I don't think he knew.

I watch this show to see a match, and if part of a guy's screening process involves kissing them all, fine. Just fall for someone already, okay? That's all I ask of this show -- a romance that lasts more than two weeks after the show airs. It's a tall order, as we've seen, but that's what I want. And if that means he sticks his tongue down 6 or 10 or 15 or even 25 throats, so be it!

YMMV.

I watch this show to see a match, and if part of a guy's screening process involves kissing them all, fine. Just fall for someone already, okay? That's all I ask of this show -- a romance that lasts more than two weeks after the show airs. It's a tall order, as we've seen, but that's what I want. And if that means he sticks his tongue down 6 or 10 or 15 or even 25 throats, so be it!

YMMV.
    Well said. Elvira cuts right to the core!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2864816;

YMMV.
    YMMV? I give up. Your mileage may vary?

Yes. Code for "I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me."

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2864857;
    Yes. Code for "I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me."
    Thanks. However, your cat looks like it is eyeing my duckling.

FORT Newbie

Have it from a VERY,VERY reliable source... Matt, like Travis, was approached in a bar to do the show; the program got him veneers for his teeth; his bachelorette has very recently visited him in London...

I'm glad she visited him in London. He was in the States last week so I would assume the London visit was before the airing of the first episode. She would have been quite anonymous walking through an airport three weeks ago. It'll be harder for them to get together now.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-24-2008 at 01:13 PM.