Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Matt Grant - Spoilers

I, cautiously, think Matt could be the best bachelor ever. (This is dangerous talk from someone who is hoping to not get emotionally invested in the outcome of this crazy Fleiss circus. )[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, Girlsmom! I wasn't going to tape this season, or read the boards and now I'm hooked! Hopefully we won't be disappointed!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2859388;
    I particularly like his bit during the credits. "I'm a good dancer. How good? You've heard of Michael Jackson? " He's hilarious. This is going to be one fun season. Who needs the drama of the bachelorette house? Not me. Just let Matt loose. He'd be a blast at a party. Check out the Eonline interview that is linked in the media thread. Very funny.
    ITA, pajamasam!

So far, he is my favorite Bachelor to date! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't turn into a Blob [I've counted 4 girls he kisses at the next rose ceremony alone!] but I might just forgive him that with his sense of humor!

And I really hope we get to see a clip of him playing rugby. I have friends who played in college and it's a really rough sport (they don't wear pads!), but I found that all of them had such a great comraderie with their opponents and all had a lot of fun at the 'drink-ups' after the games. Come to think of it, all my friends who played had silly senses of humor like Matt-lol.

There are just so many things about Matt I like. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2859294;
    His physical appeal is immediate and grand, no question about that. What I find the most attractive is his sense of humor. His dry wit and delivery catch my heart. It went over Chris' head when he did the tomato/potato bit and I am willing to believe the women who systematically leave will be the ones who do not get it. Humor is the biggest heart hook.

I noticed while we were listening to either Chelsea or Erin give a diary talk we see Matt crack up while talking to Shayne on the couch in the background. Since editing did not allow us to hear the exchange I have to believe it may have been about the gathering or someone present. At any rate, someone who shares his wit will be a shoo in.
    I was waiting for "Let's call the whole thing off." I love his deadpan delivery. I agree with pajamasam, let's skip the house drama and have lots more of Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2861506;
    ITA, pajamasam!

So far, he is my favorite Bachelor to date! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't turn into a Blob [I've counted 4 girls he kisses at the next rose ceremony alone!] but I might just forgive him that with his sense of humor!

And I really hope we get to see a clip of him playing rugby. I have friends who played in college and it's a really rough sport (they don't wear pads!), but I found that all of them had such a great comraderie with their opponents and all had a lot of fun at the 'drink-ups' after the games. Come to think of it, all my friends who played had silly senses of humor like Matt-lol.

There are just so many things about Matt I like. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds!!!
    He's like a breath of fresh air compared to all the others, isn't he!
    I'm gunna forgive him for all the kissing too.......He may start out as our British James Bond Bachelor....., but in the end he finally finds his Money Penny!

I was trying to figure out why I feel no guilt about having a double standard when it comes to certain bachelors and their smooching up lots of the women. I hated Bob for doing that. I dont hate Matt at all for kissing a bunch of them. So, what's wrong with me? Then I realized that it's all due to their attitude. Bob exuded narcissistic grandiosity combined with entitlement. Didnt we hear after his season that he told them up front that he was going to kiss them all and that they were going to like it? (Yech.) Sorry to bring up bad memories.

Matt on the other hand is Bob's polar opposite. He keeps saying how lucky he is. And I believe him. "I'm the luckiest guy in the US." " I'm the luckiest Brit alive." "I feel privileged to be in the position I'm in."
    Not to mention: "American women can seriously kiss." He's so appreciative of the whole crazy situation. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm willing to cut a guy a lot of slack if he appreciates how lucky he is to be dating all these beautiful women who want to kiss him.

And he also had very nice things to say to the women who were leaving. "Hope you meet Mr. Right. You're a beautiful girl." Bonus points for being nice.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-24-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2864723;
    I was trying to figure out why I feel no guilt about having a double standard when it comes to certain bachelors and their smooching up lots of the women. I hated Bob for doing that. I dont hate Matt at all for kissing a bunch of them. So, what's wrong with me? Then I realized that it's all due to their attitude. Bob exuded narcissistic grandiosity combined with entitlement. Didnt we hear after his season that he told them up front that he was going to kiss them all and that they were going to like it? (Yech.) Sorry to bring up bad memories.

Matt on the other hand is Bob's polar opposite. He keeps saying how lucky he is. And I believe him. "I'm the luckiest guy in the US." " I'm the luckiest Brit alive." "I feel privileged to be in the position I'm in."
    Not to mention: "American women can seriously kiss." He's so appreciative of the whole crazy situation. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm willing to cut a guy a lot of slack if he appreciates how lucky he is to be dating all these beautiful women who want to kiss him.

And he also had very nice things to say to the women who were leaving. "Hope you meet Mr. Right. You're a beautiful girl." Bonus points for being nice.
    Ditto Ditto...great quote. I totally agree with you. Plus the accent just is swwwwuuuuuuueeeeeeetttttttttt to the ears. Ahhh....

Yea with that kind of attitude you can get by with a whole lot more. You are spot on lovee as my english aunt would say.

It's not a double standard when it's two sets of rules applied to two very different types of men.

No, you're not the only one who feels this way....it's like night and day between Blob and Matt!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;2864745;
    No, you're not the only one who feels this way....it's like night and day between Blob and Matt!!

In an article or interview ( maybe with Chris Harrison), it was either stated or very highly intimated that Bob indicated that he planned to "sleep" with a lot of the girls ( the insinuation was that he had come to think that he was at that point thought to be that popular). With that attitude in mind, all the kissing became repulsive.
    However, Jesse went on a group date with 6 girls and kissed 5 of them, I believe. I was almost nauseated thinking about that.

This idea of kissing as many of them as you can just because you can, the opportunity is there, and you can do it under the rationlization that this is the Bachelor and bachelors kiss on dates, or under the guise that you "need to know if you suit" when you know that girl is NOT going to progress doesn't impress me.

I am more impressed, actually, with those bachelors whose attitudes have been that of kissing fewer, more selectively, with more meaning even though they have stated later that they were pushed by the producers the whole time "to kiss more."