Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Spoilers

Re: Matt Grant - Spoilers

They have 25 spots to fill. Only 5-8 of the girls are probably deemed by the casting folks to be likely "matches" based upon what they have learned about the Bachelor's tastes in women, the overall plans for the show's plots/themes.

People like Stacey probably go into the evening understanding that they have been cast to play a role, which upon return to their pre-show life will somehow be a career plus, not a humiliation.

Others seem unable to hold their liquor, and make their own misfortune.

I have always thought (with some reason) that the reason the "Firedrake Firing" has been internally controversial -- and not just with the girls -- is that one or both of those girls was "cast" for a long-term role, and they therefore feel they are deserving of a second chance (at love, at the show, at the public attention, at the "adventure" or some combination of all 4).

FORT Fanatic

Should be interesting ... wonder what Fleiss is going to throw at this naive and unknowing bachelor, lol !
    He handled round 1 nicely, eliminating the drunken skank!

As predicted Matt was depicted as being a big shot financeer, with a job. We heard from a friend that he doesn't have a job now and we know that he appeared in the movie short. Question is he just another fame ho looking to break into acting who is lying about wanting to return to the UK? I did enjoy him last night and he looks like he'll be a good bachelor, but is the image a total lie? If the girls are being totally deceived by being told that he will continue to live in the UK and be a banker then I just can't invest in any love story. Whereas if he will continue to be a banker then somehow, ( I can't believe I'm saying this) I could be deluded into feeling that he just might be legitimately looking and subsequently find a love connection. Note: If he wants to be an actor he will certainly keep Shayna around for any possible connections to exploit, jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2850208;
    As predicted Matt was depicted as being a big shot financeer, with a job. We heard from a friend that he doesn't have a job now and we know that he appeared in the movie short. Question is he just another fame ho looking to break into acting who is lying about wanting to return to the UK? I did enjoy him last night and he looks like he'll be a good bachelor, but is the image a total lie? If the girls are being totally deceived by being told that he will continue to live in the UK and be a banker then I just can't invest in any love story. Whereas if he will continue to be a banker then somehow, ( I can't believe I'm saying this) I could be deluded into feeling that he just might be legitimately looking and subsequently find a love connection. Note: If he wants to be an actor he will certainly keep Shayna around for any possible connections to exploit, jmo.
    I totally agree. His face lit up in an endearingly honest way when she revealed her Hollywood lineage and profession.

I also think he found her genuinely interesting and attractive. He won't burn that bridge, I bet.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 03-19-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2850210;
    [
    I totally agree. His face lit up in an endearingly honest way when she revealed her Hollywood lineage and profession.

I also think he found her genuinely interesting and attractive. He won't burn that bridge, I bet.

Yep jlccaz, He obviously liked her too. She came across as having a good head on her shoulders and was certainly beautiful. I wonder if she told him who her grandfather was. I would believe that he would not know her father, but I'd think even at his age, he'd know Fernando Lamas.
    Off topic, but I wonder how Lorenzo is making a living?

I was surprised Chris and Matt could keep a straight face while talking about Matt's fabulous career as a "high roller" managing money for rich people, globe trotting and being his trustworthy, staightlaced proper British banker self complete with umbrella and navy pinstripe suit. Nothing about being unemployed, without a place to live and a wannabe actor.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he happened to question Shayne about Hollywood within 3 seconds of sitting down with her. I found it quite stupid how they played out that charade like it was scripted... which it probably was:
    -"Oh, so how's this Hollywood life?"
    -"Well, I just happen to be in an acting family."
    - "Oh, really? Wow!"
    - "Yeah, my father is Lorenzo Lamas. But I'm here for the right reasons."
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

SO FAR, I'm pretty impressed with Matt Grant, as the Bachelor. He seems more intelligent than any other bachelor that has done this show.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

He was impressive-- intelligent, witty, and IMO the best looking one yet. I don't see any evidence of a proposal at the end yet, but it is probably a good thing... he can be really serious about finding someone and seeing where it goes, and still think a proposal after this short a time and before seeing how things work in the real world is unrealistic.

Definitely see a lot of chemistry with Shayne also, and as it seems he may be unfamiliar with the reputation of American Reality TV "mactors" her background and connections may very well be a plus for her with him.

I find this odd, because having actors in her family really hasn't helped Shayne all that much. A glance at IMDB shows the following acting credits for her:

The 13th Alley (2008) (post-production) .... Ashley
    Deep in the Valley (2008) (post-production) .... Candi

Endless Bummer (2008) .... Red Bikini Girl
    "General Hospital" .... Emily (18 episodes, 2003-2006)
    - Episode #1.11079 (2006) TV episode .... Emily
    - Episode #1.10936 (2005) TV episode .... Emily
    - Episode #1.10484 (2005) TV episode .... Emily
    - Episode #1.10545 (2004) TV episode .... Emily
    - Episode #1.10541 (2004) TV episode .... Emily
    (13 more)

"Air America" .... Flight attndant (1 episode, 1999)
    - Heartbreak Hotel (1999) TV episode .... Flight attndant

I suppose one could say she has done a lot for her young age, but really I cannot see where having actors as relatives has helped her immensely.

In that vein - how would it help Matt? I would think the connections he is making with Fleiss et.al would have more of an impact. That is if he wants to enter into acting. We don't know that and really cannot state it definitively based on one college movie created by a fellow student.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2850307;
    In that vein - how would it help Matt? I would think the connections he is making with Fleiss et.al would have more of an impact. That is if he wants to enter into acting. We don't know that and really cannot state it definitively based on one college movie created by a fellow student.
    That is true, aanjheni ~ we do not know Matt's future plans. A college film does not an actor make.

If Matt is keeping the assumed final four women that far, then there must be depth in addition to their beauty.

I just love this show! Matt is a riot and so funny! He and the women will be a pleasure to watch this season.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas