Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Spoilers

Re: Matt Grant - Spoilers

I am so excited about seeing His Royal Hunkiness this season.

(no, he isn't part of the royal family, but he is royally cute!)
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Let them be in love

Smitten with Britain
    By Jacqueline CutlerZap2itAdvertisement

Valentine’s Day – when lovers clink champagne glasses, people wed, and it seems everyone is coupled. Everyone, that is, except the man billed as one of the world’s hottest bachelors.

Yes, on the biggest date night of the year, Matt Grant, the swoon-worthy star of the 12th edition of ABC’s “The Bachelor,” exits a delayed plane and gives an interview in a Florida airport. Not exactly a romantic hot spot.

Charming, educated and extremely handsome, the 6-foot-5 international banker is athletic, has interests in many areas and loves kids. Did we mention he’s exceptionally handsome?

So why does this Brit, the show’s first international bachelor, need to pick from 25 fawning females on the ultimate dating show that returns tonight?

“It’s not so much why I have to,” he says. “It’s more, why not? I am single, and I was on a date at a very expensive club in London, and someone came up to me at exactly the right time in my life. The date was going disastrously wrong.”

This someone asked Grant if he wanted to “date some beautiful American women,” he says.

Vaguely aware of the show, which is not a hit in the U.K., he came to the States with one goal: “Cliched and tacky as it sounds, it is to find true love,” he says.

He loves American women and wants to join his four older brothers in settling down.

“To be honest, I was a little bit skeptical at first but it didn’t take long to realize it could work,” Grant says. “And I believe in fate, and I was in a low moment having no success finding romance on that date.”

And romance is what this show proffers. This season it also offers a catfight and is, according to creator and executive producer Mike Fleiss, “the most explosive season we ever had.”

Fleiss recognizes that Grant is hardly the type who needs to be fixed up.

“He could come on his own,” to the States and meet women, Fleiss says. “He can’t be served up girls that quickly, who are medically tested, psychologically tested. In the U.S., that might take him five years – if he were very, very lucky.”

Fleiss says thousands of women apply to be on the show, while only hundreds of men do.

“It’s intimidating, if you are a regular guy,” he says. “Look at the guys on the show; you’d never measure up. I’d need my teeth fixed, (have to) lose weight, need reconstructive surgery. It would be a whole thing.”

The show aims to forge lasting unions, something it has yet to do, and about which Fleiss is a bit touchy. He cites that ubiquitous couple, Trista and Ryan from “The Bachelorette,” but that is a different show.

“Whatever,” Fleiss says.

Fleiss stresses that rather than just pick 25 hopefuls and dump them in any locale, which could be done quicker – and which copycat shows do – he strives to match people and plan exciting dates.

After so many dashed romances, what surprises Fleiss, he says, is “how single women are so ready to fall in love. The speed with which these girls make connection with this guy surprises me.”

The guys, he adds, are never that fast to lose their hearts. Grant, however, says he is ready.

“I am hoping to find the love of my life,” Grant says, “the person I can spend the rest of my life with, and someone who will be there through the good times, the bad times and most importantly, someone I can have great times with and go through the adventures of my life with.”

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080317/ENT03/803170339
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-17-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Thank you for the article, luv4dummies! Terrific write up!

“I am hoping to find the love of my life,” Grant says, “the person I can spend the rest of my life with, and someone who will be there through the good times, the bad times and most importantly, someone I can have great times with and go through the adventures of my life with.”
    Aw!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Let them be in love

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2847660;
    Thank you for the article, luv4dummies! Terrific write up!

Aw!
    you are welcome, I am hoping that means Amanda was on a hometown date with her love

“He could come on his own,” to the States and meet women, Fleiss says. “He can’t be served up girls that quickly, who are medically tested, psychologically tested. In the U.S., that might take him five years – if he were very, very lucky.”
    Oh, come on Mike. "Psychologically tested?" We've seen the show. You stack half of the deck with crazies and desperate women. Give me a break. Or better yet, why dont you contact the FBI "employee" that was on Charlie's season. She could set you straight.

Psychological tests... hmm, yeah-- but it doesn't mention the criteria for "passing"... "Sorry, our tests find that you suffer from no mental disorders, so you can't appear on our show."

Let them be in love

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2847795;
    Psychological tests... hmm, yeah-- but it doesn't mention the criteria for "passing"... "Sorry, our tests find that you suffer from no mental disorders, so you can't appear on our show."
    Wonder what this says about the ladies this year, I think they forgot to test all except Stacey

Quote Originally Posted by luv4dummies;2847801;
    Wonder what this says about the ladies this year, I think they forgot to test all except Stacey
    It really does sound like a good group. I'm sure there will be some crazy, but Fleiss creates a crazy-making environment that's guaranteed to push normal people to their limits. All that booze and no books, TV, or Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2847795;
    Actually, it doesn't say thay the girls passed the psychological tests, just that they were assessed! (Probably to make sure they have enough borderline personality disorder and histrionic diagnoses)

I absolutely agree with you Sweet Elvira. Fleiss does create a situation where most normal women would have the worst brought out of them. But he also stacks the deck to be sure he has enough crazies with rotting eggs, etc. There is no way I am going to believe that Dr. Allie's obsession with getting pregnant as soon as possible was not known to the producers based on interviews and psychological testing. I swear if you want to be sure to be cast, just make sure they know you love to drink alot and dont get along with other women. Then, once you are at the mansion, just be your pleasant , non-drinking self. It's a formula sure to make the producers crazy.