Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Spoilers

Re: Matt Grant - Spoilers

It's been a long while, but I thought it might be helpful to take a fresh look at the post by M Y MCINTYRE who allegedly dated Matt a couple of years ago. In the photo she posted, we can see a pretty brunette.

He was a nice guy - always a bit too sharp for me. Very tall and lots and lots of tension and mind games.

Caring attentive and good fun - all my friends fancied him too much. They made out I was the lucky one. The song - when you're in love with a beautiful woman - Dr Hook - roll reversal - He was too good looking and knew it!!

Your fit but my god don't you just know it!!
    She makes him sound a bit too pleased with himself. I think perhaps he may not really see Shayne as a bit of a stretch for himself. Bjaminsmom said
    I'm trying to convince myself they are smitten but I just see a guy having his teenage fantasy dreams fulfilled.
    I think that's a good description of it. But I'd add that perhaps there's a bit of an overlay of "and I'm worth it." He gets to party with the blond starlet. Nice work if you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2902893;
    It's been a long while, but I thought it might be helpful to take a fresh look at the post by M Y MCINTYRE who allegedly dated Matt a couple of years ago. In the photo she posted, we can see a pretty brunette.

She makes him sound a bit too pleased with himself. I think perhaps he may not really see Shayne as a bit of a stretch for himself. Bjaminsmom said I think that's a good description of it. But I'd add that perhaps there's a bit of an overlay of "and I'm worth it." He gets to party with the blond starlet. Nice work if you can get it.
    Wow, thanks for bringing that forward - I wasn't on before the season, so I guess that's when I missed this! Very interesting, and it certainly gives a different characterization of Matt than what we're seeing. Based on that, I would think Amanda is NOT a good match for Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2902907;
    Wow, thanks for bringing that forward - I wasn't on before the season, so I guess that's when I missed this! Very interesting, and it certainly gives a different characterization of Matt than what we're seeing. Based on that, I would think Amanda is NOT a good match for Matt.
    Which comes back to the thought of.....Is Matt really who is saying he is??? If he is looking for a realtionship that can last or at least attempt to last in the real world??? or is he looking for a springboard to Hollywood????

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2905591;
    Which comes back to the thought of.....Is Matt really who is saying he is??? If he is looking for a realtionship that can last or at least attempt to last in the real world??? or is he looking for a springboard to Hollywood????
    I don't know about the Hollywood thing - in just about all the interviews he has done he mentions his father's stroke and how it affected him. I really really hope he is genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2905591;
    or is he looking for a springboard to Hollywood????
    Let me clarify "Hollywood"...I think that he has made mention before about "the entertainment business" being so American...I think that people from other countries see Hollywood and the glitz and glamour as "Americana"...and I am hoping that is not what is "attracting " him...If so...then he will choose Shayne since that is where her ties are....

I am hoping for an Amanda as the "All American Girl" ending!

Quote Originally Posted by macbajan;2905603;
    I don't know about the Hollywood thing - in just about all the interviews he has done he mentions his father's stroke and how it affected him. I really really hope he is genuine.
    I do too! As Matt said, he's not one-dimensional and we have seen other aspects of him, but when he talks about his dad he sounds truly sincere - those are the types of situations that tend to bring about the turning points in life. I am just starting to get a little hope that we have a real outcome - it may or may not last, but at least I think there may have been a real *connection* made afterall.

One thing in the new interview with Chris I found interesting is that when talking about why he came to America to do The Bachelor (a reality show) he said because it was in America, and he could go home to the UK afterward. If it had been a Brittish reality show, he wouldn't have done it. This was part of the being currently distanced from The Bachelor hype going on in the U.S.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I also found it interesting that Matt is OBVIOUSLY NOT looking on line to find out more about the Bachelor. He could easily see the show on the internet and yet, he waits patiently for his DVD to arrive. He's definitely distanced from all the hype of the show and I think that may give he and his "missus" the chance for an actual relationship after the show. I'll go on record here, too saying I am starting to see evidence that Chelsea is getting F1 edit (even with the body shot and potential fight)

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2905878;
    I also found it interesting that Matt is OBVIOUSLY NOT looking on line to find out more about the Bachelor. He could easily see the show on the internet and yet, he waits patiently for his DVD to arrive. He's definitely distanced from all the hype of the show and I think that may give he and his "missus" the chance for an actual relationship after the show. I'll go on record here, too saying I am starting to see evidence that Chelsea is getting F1 edit (even with the body shot and potential fight)
    Haven't our Canadian posters said they can't watch the episodes on the ABC website? There are other sources, so I tend to agree he could find it, but I wondered about that as well.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

You can catch the Bachelor on YouTube, so I know if Matt was looking he could find it and much more. I think Matt's staying away on purpose (possibly to avoid a 5 mil lawsuit).