Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Spoilers

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Matt Grant - Spoilers

I thought that Shayne had a nose job, not Amanda... Where did we find out Amanda had nose job? Can someone direct me? Thanks (I did try searching, but came up empty handed).

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2865312;
    I thought that Shayne had a nose job, not Amanda... Where did we find out Amanda had nose job? Can someone direct me? Thanks (I did try searching, but came up empty handed).
    Check her thread on the main page. A high school photo was brought forward.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Thanks Ariel... I often forget to look at the non-spoiler threads.

Okay, I looked... If she had a nose job it was VERY subtle... maybe she just grew into her nose... The only thing that changed was the very tip of her noes.. So it's very small change... why even bother she was beautiful before.
    Last edited by simplechef; 03-24-2008 at 07:12 PM.

You know, I finally figured out part of the reason that I found Matt so unappealing on this week's episode. In the first 2 shows Matt kept on going on and on about how lucky and privileged he felt to be put in the position he was in -- having 25 girls competing for his love and attention. I remember when he was telling the girls on the Vegas trip that whoever had the most money at the end would have SQT with him. After saying that he added that he felt extremely lucky to be put in that position.

Well, on this last week's episode he did a complete 180 on that. I felt like he held the date roses over Holly and Shayne's heads alluding to the fact that he still had the choice as to whether he was going to give them or not. It was like he had this power over them and he enjoyed it. That was just icky to me.

Well, that and the fact that he had kissed so many of the girls on that episode. I hope that isn't a problem for his F1..........
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2896071;
    You know, I finally figured out part of the reason that I found Matt so unappealing on this week's episode. In the first 2 shows Matt kept on going on and on about how lucky and privileged he felt to be put in the position he was in -- having 25 girls competing for his love and attention. I remember when he was telling the girls on the Vegas trip that whoever had the most money at the end would have SQT with him. After saying that he added that he felt extremely lucky to be put in that position.

Well, on this last week's episode he did a complete 180 on that. I felt like he held the date roses over Holly and Shayne's heads alluding to the fact that he still had the choice as to whether he was going to give them or not. It was like he had this power over them and he enjoyed it. That was just icky to me.

Well, that and the fact that he had kissed so many of the girls on that episode. I hope that isn't a problem for his F1..........
    He came across exactly as that first old girlfriend (who posted her photo with him) described him, didn't he? (Her screen name was M C McIntyre or something like that).

But I'm crossing my fingers that the grueling, cloistered, manufactured filming process brings out a bit of character development for him, and breaks through to the next level of a relationship, where you genuinely care for the other more than yourself, or how they make you feel in the moment. Ever since Odysseus, all heroes have flaws and grow, in the MOVIES anyway. If Homer Simpson can do it, then so can Matt Grant BY GEORGE.

Someone who is in your corner for life, no matter what, against all evidence to the contrary. My best friend and I always laugh that we have the BEST husbands in the world, because when we crawl home from work crumpled and defeated by some disappointment in the day's events, regardless of what any objective view of the situation would be, our husbands genuinely respond each and every time, "Those F$^%&^(ers!!!" (and then later they might genuinely guide us down a path of what to do next)

The reason this show will never produce a lasting couple, except by the eventual laws of probability, is that it self-selects for the ME ME ME people who have some fantasy notion that romance = love. Love needs romance, but romance may or may not lead to love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2896071;
    You know, I finally figured out part of the reason that I found Matt so unappealing on this week's episode.

If Shayne wins, it won't be a problem because actors know that kissing other people is all part of the job, and it doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2896563;
    If Shayne wins, it won't be a problem because actors know that kissing other people is all part of the job, and it doesn't mean anything.
    Yes it does. Actors should be able to separate their off-screen and on-screen lives, and when they can't, divorces happen (well it may be a small part of the real problems, anyway.)

I think that is some of what Matt is trying to figure out with Shayne since he had never met someone with her position before. After Vegas he told her he had expected her to be able to deal with his interactions with the other women because of who she is (an actress.) She should be more capable of separating on screen flirting with off screen flirting. I think, even after the winery date, he still struggles with her life as an actress and her life. I don't know if her reassurances will resonate with him anytime soon. Maybe finally, but not at the moment.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I also rmember in an interview that Matt said it took him a couple of weeks to be himself...Maybe he was just overwhelm with all the girls throwing kisses at him...Its kinda funny that the top four gals only two of them he has kissed this far...and the other two get kisses this week..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2896579;
    Yes it does. Actors should be able to separate their off-screen and on-screen lives, and when they can't, divorces happen (well it may be a small part of the real problems, anyway.)

I think that is some of what Matt is trying to figure out with Shayne since he had never met someone with her position before. After Vegas he told her he had expected her to be able to deal with his interactions with the other women because of who she is (an actress.) She should be more capable of separating on screen flirting with off screen flirting. I think, even after the winery date, he still struggles with her life as an actress and her life. I don't know if her reassurances will resonate with him anytime soon. Maybe finally, but not at the moment.
    Actually, I was being facetious; however, there is not an emoticon for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2896601;
    Actually, I was being facetious; however, there is not an emoticon for that.
    Oops! Sorry There is not an emoticon for apologies, either.