Thread: Kristine **Spoilers**

Kristine **Spoilers**

Birthplace: Mechanicsburg, PA

Hometown: Dillsburg, PA

Currently resides in: Charlotte, NC

Re: Kristine - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristine's parents still in Dillsburg. Along with her brother.
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

Re: Kristine **Spoilers**

Dillsburg native kicked off ABC's 'Bachelor'

After three dates and four kisses -- all with different women -- Matt Grant had to dismiss three potential soul mates March 31 on ABC's "The Bachelor: London Calling."

Kristine Heffelfinger, who grew up in Dillsburg and moved south to attend Clemson University, was sent home along with Amy and Erin S. The York Daily Record caught up with Heffelfinger after the last episode to discuss her experience.

How long did you live in Dillsburg? I lived there since I was 4 or 5 years old. I was born in Mechanicsburg. I went to Northern (High School). I left to go to college in the South. My parents still own a house in Dillsburg, but they just settled on a house in North Carolina.

Did you watch other seasons of "The Bachelor?" I pretty much watched just about every season. The last couple were hit or miss. I had to be up early for my job (in pharmaceutical sales) so I couldn't stay up and watch the show.

What made you decide to try out for the show? Everybody from my family to my friends to my co-workers said I would be perfect for the show. I pretty much wanted to do it for 10 years. I was either in a relationship or had a conflict with my job (during) the other seasons. I recently went through a transition to become a personal trainer, where I can make my own schedule. When the auditions came to Charlotte, my friend and I were supposed to go, but she canceled at the last minute. I went by
    Advertisement
    myself. One thing led to another and I ended up on the show.

Did you think you would ever make it onto the show? Everybody goes to the auditions with the intention of getting on the show, but I thought, "what are the odds that I'll be chosen?" It was surprised the producers picked me.

Does the show actually reflect reality? The thing with reality shows is that lots of things are edited. They taped us every day, but there are things that get cut out. The dates didn't really happen in three minutes, like it looks like on the show. It can be frustrating, but I think people know that things get edited.

What were your first impressions of Matt Grant, the bachelor? I first noticed that he was tall and attractive. I figured that he wasn't from the U.S. because he kissed the girls on both cheeks. They don't do that in the South. (Laughs) Even before I heard his (British) accent, I told the other girls that he wasn't American. I thought he was older. I was caught off guard when I found out (Grant was 27). Age isn't just a number.

So you didn't have a love connection with him? (Grant) was a nice guy. I only had so much time to get to know him though. I don't think we were meant to be.

What are your opinions about the other women in the house? Everybody has their own opinions of everybody else. There was a lot of drama, but I think I got along with everybody. You have to go into that situation with an open mind. I thought some of the girls were immature . . . but who am I to judge what they do? I think a lot of them felt comfortable coming to me because I was one of the older ones in the house. Most of the girls were only 22, so there was a big age difference. I tried to help the other girls figure out a way to make a good impression on Matt.

Were you upset that you didn't get a rose at the end of episode three? I was happy with my departure. I think it worked out very well. I went in knowing that I wasn't going to do anything I would look back and regret. I maintained my composure. I'm very content here in North Carolina. I don't think I would have wanted to move (to England).

Dillsburg native kicked off ABC's 'Bachelor' - The York Daily Record

Thanks for posting that interview, cupcakes!!!

Wow, what a class act Kristine is! Too bad we didn't get a chance to really even know her while she was on the show. She virtually got no screen time whatsoever.....
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Cupcakes, you beat me to it. I saw this article in today's YDR and figured someone else would jump on it.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Some of the quieter/ less dramatic ones come across great in their post-elimination interviews. Kristine managed to do just that.