Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lesley - **Spoilers**

Re: Lesley - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1701A;2861671;
    That article is pretty much what I have been told about what happened (by some people close to Lesley). In the end, this show wasn't really her cup of tea, anyway. I don't think that she is the kind of young woman who you would've seen frolicking in a hot tub with Matt or anything like that. I also don't think that she ever really expected to be offered a rose.

What bothers me are the rumors that the producers might have influenced Matt's choices. I realize that this is a television show, but you would hope that at least that part of the show would be clean and honest.
    A network publicist is generally a part of any interview, including interjecting questions and answers, raising the potential that the Tampa paper heard the "Soviet-history" version of events, but equally likely the entire experience was not in fact Lesley's cup of tea.

In any event, it's all so much water under the bridge at this point. Whatever Matt or Lesley or producers thought or did at the time, a completely different set of stories with other girls unfolded thereafter. No way to turn back time now.

I'm a little intrigued at the who/what/why of the OTHERS who raised this issue to begin with, as I have no reason to think either Lesley or Rebecca fanned these flames. Indeed, I think the energy behind the various "whistleblowing" posts about Firedrake is generated elsewhere, not with contestants. And I find any dissension in the ranks of people on the OTHER side of the cameras so much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2861817;
    I find any dissension in the ranks of people on the OTHER side of the cameras so much more interesting.
    ITA, jlccaz I hope that we will hear from those people more frequently on the board. If not, please, whoever you are, PM me. I promise I'll testify that you said, "ignore that man [or woman] behind the curtain."

"Soviet-history" version of events,
    I am so going to steal that phrase. Excellent jlccaz. As I 've said before , the producers could care less about the Firedrake film . It's exactly what has been pointed out here by another poster. I am sorry that I cant remember which of you it was. The producers were threatened by the fact that two of the women had done their research and probably knew way too much about the production manipulations. Knowledge is power and they want those contestants to be as ignorant as possible.

FORT Newbie

Ever wonder if maybe Lesley got eliminated as a result of her behavior......she was virtually edited out of the first episode. I don't think I ever heard her speak. Either she was too disgusting for television (hard to imagine based on what we did see) or too appropriate. Maybe she is one of the "classy" girls you people keep saying weren't on the show. My guess is that her classiness is what got her excused!

I wouldnt say that there are no classy women on this show. I think several of the classiest will even have hometown dates with Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ohcomeon;2873582;
    Ever wonder if maybe Lesley got eliminated as a result of her behavior......she was virtually edited out of the first episode. I don't think I ever heard her speak. Either she was too disgusting for television (hard to imagine based on what we did see) or too appropriate. Maybe she is one of the "classy" girls you people keep saying weren't on the show. My guess is that her classiness is what got her excused!
    Wasn't she even captured in a background shot talking to Matt? (Note: I have already used up my daily quotient of rewatching Ep 1 and 2 today).

Ohcomeon, we determined early on that Lesley and Rebecca were booted off at the producer's insistence due to the fact that they'd found out about Firedrake, a movie that one of Matt's friends had produced when they were students and in which Matt had a part.

What we don't know is why mentioning Firedrake to Matt caused Fleiss to (over)react like that. But there's some speculation that it showed they had researched the show pretty thoroughly ahead of time, and Fleiss didn't want that. Supposedly, Matt wanted to keep at least one of them but wasn't allowed to.

I do recall seeing Lesley make some kind of statement in an interview or something during the meet-and-greet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456