Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lesley - **Spoilers**

Re: Lesley - **Spoilers**

I agree-- mentioned the same thing in another thread; I think it may have to do less with the knowledge of the movie than the possibility that one or both the girls may be insiders or even just lurkers at a place like the FORT. Imagine the potential problems for TPTB if one of us managed to work ourselves into the mix!

Tampa Youth Minister May Have Sealed Fate By Mentioning Bachelor's Student Film

Lesley Geyer doesn't have any regrets about her short stay on "The Bachelor: London Calling," and she doesn't think that she was booted off because of something she said.

The 23-year-old Catholic church youth minister was among the 10 women who were sent home on the first episode of the ABC series, which aired Monday night.

There's a rumor circulating on the Internet that two of the bachelorettes were given the cold shoulder by bachelor Matt Grant after they brought up an obscure student film, "Firedrake," in which Grant had a role.

The story continues that producers intentionally cut almost all scenes involving these two from the opening episode. Call it the "Firedrake" mystery. What is this film? And why would the mere mention of it cost Geyer her chance at romance or at least a good time? How bad could it be?

Geyer says she was one of two women who attempted to talk about "Firedrake" with Grant. Although she didn't get any face time on TV, she doesn't think she was intentionally edited out.

"There was a lot going on that night, and I was behaving myself," she says.

Getting more attention was Stacey, a student from Chicago, who drank too much and stuffed her underwear down Grant's pants.

Geyer says she has never seen "Firedrake" and learned about the film by doing a little online background research. She says Grant obviously didn't want to discuss the film. She adds that the producers did ask her about the film, but she doesn't think that was the reason she didn't get a rose.

"Some people are assuming that a nice girl like me should have stayed on," she says. "But there were others who didn't get featured and didn't get roses."

She says there was no emotional connection with Grant, a 27-year-old financier from London.

"He's nice and charming and good-looking, but after I met him and talked with him, I felt that he was not someone that I would have dated," she says.

Geyer, a Tampa native who attended the Academy of the Holy Names, is a University of Florida graduate. She works at St. Mary's Catholic Church. She says she had never seen "The Bachelor" before a cousin encouraged her to apply online.

She says her family, friends and priest supported her decision to go on the adventure.

"I felt that at least I would get a nice two-week vacation in Malibu, and at best I would find romance," she says.

Alas, she is still looking for the romance.

Tampa Youth Minister May Have Sealed Fate By Mentioning Bachelor's Student Film

FORT Newbie

So - is she denying it? Doesn't sound like the reporter bought the denial. Hey! How did she get away with talking about that with a reporter?

I would presume her comments were OK with the network. Their contract (if like Trista's) would require that. The question remains, whether speaking about the film turned Matt off independent of producer input, or whether the story unfolded without Lesley being aware, or whether she's dishing out network-approved version.

The whole made-up controversy (reading on FORT can get you kicked off the show) could well all a bunch of hooey.

A good lesson in the frustrations and risk of relying upon top secret ... but anonymous ... internet sources, eh?

On the other hand, Matt is exactly as described by HallP many moons ago-- cute and funny, and refreshingly untainted by having watched every season of the show!

Let them be in love

Geyer says she has never seen "Firedrake" and learned about the film by doing a little online background research. She says Grant obviously didn't want to discuss the film. She adds that the producers did ask her about the film, but she doesn't think that was the reason she didn't get a rose.

I find it odd that she says she was "researching firedrake" I thought no one knew "who the bachelor was" or "where he was from"... makes you want to go hmmmmm

Well we knew who the bachelor was before the women would have flown to LA. And the problem was not Firedrake, per se, as others here have surmised. I think issue was that she had certainly peeked behind the curtain by reading the FORT - which was where she probably got the Firedrake information. The producers want those women to be ignorant and therefore easier to manipulate. Knowledge is power. I'm glad she didnt like him, for her sake.

The story goes...She was Googling for info about Bachelor 12, and came upon the FORT thread of that name, where Firedrake and Matt's full name were at that very moment the topic du jour.

I'm glad to hear what she says, if it is true (she and Matt just didn't click, nothing more malicious on TPTB's part). However, the paranoid side of me almost wonders if she could have been intimidated into saying that under threat of a lawsuit because of the information she leaked (and subsequent outrage online) about the truth of it?

OT, but I wonder how long it will be (if it hasn't happened yet) before a contestant calls the possible bluff and says, "Go ahead, sue me. I have nothing to lose, and I'll reveal EVERYTHING. And in any case, you may wind up with a case of jury nullification because they will sympathize with me, and what sort of precedent will THAT set for you guys?" I think the psychological testing may be in part to weed out possble troublemakers who would think that way.

The conspiracy-theorist in me still thinks that TPTB wanted all the girls who knew about Firedrake out asap. If Firedrake had become known with all the bachelorettes and then Shayne's family connections were discussed, there would have been more catty moments toward Shayne (& TPTB already knew Shayne would be a front-runner). The producers decided to stave off that possibility.

That article is pretty much what I have been told about what happened (by some people close to Lesley). In the end, this show wasn't really her cup of tea, anyway. I don't think that she is the kind of young woman who you would've seen frolicking in a hot tub with Matt or anything like that. I also don't think that she ever really expected to be offered a rose.

What bothers me are the rumors that the producers might have influenced Matt's choices. I realize that this is a television show, but you would hope that at least that part of the show would be clean and honest.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast