Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lesley - **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Lesley - **Spoilers**

Another GATOR! Apparently the producers of the show like intelligent girls. Way to represent UF, Lesley!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Welcome to the FORT,gog8rs!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

gog8ors !
    Welcome. Hope you will stick around even after your friend leaves. We like new people
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Newbie
    Miami Florida - Originally from Niceville, FL

I would normally have to pull for the Gator, being a UF alumnus myself. But since a an old friend from HS is in the mix as well, I will pull for her first! (Go Amanda R.!) I will pull for Lesley as a backup!

I posted this in media...but I will post it here as well:

Youth Minister's Latest Calling Takes Her To Malibu To Compete On 'The Bachelor'

A Tampa woman is among the 25 ladies who will seek attention from a British financier on the next edition of ABC's "The Bachelor: London Calling."

Lesley Geyer, 23, identified only as a "youth minister from Tampa," will be in the hunt when the series returns for its 12th season at 9:30 p.m. Monday.

ABC revealed the names of the women on Wednesday. A network spokeswoman said no other details were available on Geyer, who is not supposed to talk to the media until after her final appearance on the series.

Geyer apparently works at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Tampa, according to information from the Internet.

This season's bachelor is Matt Grant, 27, a global financier from London. On the opening episode, he moves into a Malibu mansion and prepares for a party with 25 bachelorettes.

Before the episode is over, he will narrow the field to 15. The women represent a variety of occupations - from cocktail waitress to lawyer.

Youth Minister's Latest Calling Takes Her To Malibu To Compete On 'The Bachelor'

FORT Newbie

I was reading about this firedrake thing on another thread. If these girls were eliminated because "they knew too much", why is knowlege of this movie threatening to TPTB? Also, I guess this puts an end to any fantasy that Matt gets to choose. Apparently the producers choose.

FORT Newbie

Really who cares if the guy did a low budget movie - some of the girls have done movies

Only the producers appear to care. Everyone else accepts it as utterly common place for Bachelor to be interested in breaking into the entertainment industry. Who else would agree to have their dating behavior filmed and watched by 8 to 10 million Americans.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Actually, I think the FIREDRAKE incident is more about controlling the environment... If the girls know about Firedrake, they also might be plants from the FORT and that would be the last thing TPTB want.. a girl who understands the inside scoop could be dangerous to their "surprise" endings... I think the reason they were withheld roses, is because they were too snoopy and not maleable like many of the other girls... The the amount FORT gets quoted in articles, it's going to be more and more difficult for TPTB to find girls NOT FORT informed.

Actually, I think the FIREDRAKE incident is more about controlling the environment... If the girls know about Firedrake, they also might be plants from the FORT and that would be the last thing TPTB want.. a girl who understands the inside scoop could be dangerous
    I think you make an excellent point. It's not the Firedrake student film itself at all. It's the fact that if they had been reading the Fort, they probably know about the blogs from the girls of bachelor 10 and about all of the producer manipulations. They didnt even need to be plants from the Fort. They just needed to be new lurkers. They could know alot about the production and how to circumvent it (smuggle power bars and eat before every cocktail party, etc. ) The producers feel that they cant afford for any of the women to be in a power position. Reading the Fort , extensively , will put you in a power position.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast