Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lesley - **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Lesley - **Spoilers**

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to say how beautiful and \"real girl\" she looks. Many of the other girls are so bleached and augmented, it\'s hard to know what they would look like in real life. It says something about a girl\'s actual appearance and/or her self confidence when they make so many cosmetic changes!

READYFOR12 !!! Great to have you here at the FORT!

FORT Newbie

Hmmm, I'm curious - So do you think that the bachelorette would have the choice or do you think the producers/casting people would "invite" a girl back? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by readyfor12;2843143;
    Hmmm, I'm curious - So do you think that the bachelorette would have the choice or do you think the producers/casting people would "invite" a girl back? What do you think?
    A bachelorette would be given the choice of returning back for a different show if so invited by the production staff.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

Do you think these girls read the FORT so we could encourage our favorites to attempt to score a second season?

Quote Originally Posted by readyfor12;2843173;
    Do you think these girls read the FORT so we could encourage our favorites to attempt to score a second season?
    Maybe they could talk to other bachelorettes after the season is over to see if that is something that they would want to do or not.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

This girl is really attractive. I had to ban my husband from looking at her picture. He particularly likes her in that white dress. I think his quote is, "HOT, HOT, HOT! I hope she gets enough screen time so we can find out about her personality.

FORT Newbie

I'm not very "churchy" - what exactly is a youth minister? Anywho, I think I could get my teenage sons to go to church eight days a week if she was the minister. Beautiful girl - Beautiful eyes.

FORT Fogey

Sorry for my ignorance but could somebody fill me in as to what the Firedrake thing is? and why someone had to leave because of it?
    Thanks!

PS. Just read the post above re youth minister. It is someone that a church hires (usually) to focus specifically on setting up programs for teens. Sometimes, they can be geared to young adults as well (20 somethings) but usually "youth" is regarded as teenagers.
    Very important IMO to have these in large churches to help keep things relevant for the young. They're also there to advise when teens don't have parents or others to go to for needs. I love it that they now have female youth leaders /ministers ...
    Last edited by CoolCruiser; 03-14-2008 at 09:30 PM.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by b12my1st;2843474;
    I'm not very "churchy" - what exactly is a youth minister? Anywho, I think I could get my teenage sons to go to church eight days a week if she was the minister. Beautiful girl - Beautiful eyes.
    Youth Ministers are usually younger ministers (completed a theology or religion degree, but may or may not have gone to seminar or gotten their Masters in Religion). Main duties are events and counseling for youth (middle school, jr. high, high school, sometimes college).

They plan lots of social activities that lend themselves to Christian fellowship: sports (& after-game events), pizza parties, music/choir, weekend conferences, etc. Great way for kids to be social in a church atmosphere. Their role is also as a counselor to the young people in the church.

My step-brother has been a youth minister (& choir director) for 20 years. His daughters are in the youth group and all the kids are comfortable and have no trouble talking to him about what is going on in their lives.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast