Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Holly **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Holly **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2863588;
    They're both pretty much nobodies and don't deserve to have their palms imprinted in concrete there with real stars. I think it was fake, or rather, I hope it was or the standards for that sort of thing must be ridiculously low.
    I know it costs a chunk of change to "earn" a star. I've read different places where the friends of the star often raise the money. Maybe some board nominates, but the star has to raise the $$$. So I seriously doubt this is in ANY way permanent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2863588;
    They're both pretty much nobodies and don't deserve to have their palms imprinted in concrete there with real stars. I think it was fake, or rather, I hope it was or the standards for that sort of thing must be ridiculously low.
    I am confused....is Holly the one that he has a one on one with, imprints his/her hands in supposed concrete of the stars, bestows her with a rose, and then turns around on a 2 on 1 with her and Maranasha and gives the rose to the other girl? Is this right???

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2863809;
    I am confused....is Holly the one that he has a one on one with, imprints his/her hands in supposed concrete of the stars, bestows her with a rose, and then turns around on a 2 on 1 with her and Maranasha and gives the rose to the other girl? Is this right???
    YUP. Weird, huh.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It certainly is going to be interesting to see how that all plays out!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

I'm totally speculating here, but I'm wondering if maybe Holly declines the rose? He is obviously into her enough to kiss her based on the screencap in the hot tub. Or maybe he just liked Marshana better

I think she got the rose on the Hollywood date because he already knew that he had plenty of other women he wanted to get rid of first. He probably could have easily cut more than ten on the first night. They usually can I think. Two weeks later, on the cooking date, he didnt have as much flexibility.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2863853;
    I think she got the rose on the Hollywood date because he already knew that he had plenty of other women he wanted to get rid of first. He probably could have easily cut more than ten on the first night. They usually can I think. Two weeks later, on the cooking date, he didnt have as much flexibility.
    Any way that you look at it, though, it looks strange. How can he apparently like her enough to make out with her, give her a rose, say nice things about her, and then almost immediately decide he doesn't like her well enough to give her another rose and carry her on? It looks fickle, I tell you!

Also, what is up with Fleiss giving Holly a 1-1 and then a 2-1? We know that happened with Tessa who had a successful 2-1 first, but we also know that her immediate 1-1 Cinderella date with all stops pulled out was so that Andy could have the chance to try and wow her and convince her to stay and not leave the show.
    What unique circumstances could surround Holly that would necessitate her getting 2 dates when many of the others get none?

At this point (only episode 1 airing), Marshana getting the rose sounds like a producer's call. Could TPTB have said to Matt, "If Holly is not in your final 3, and is out of the running anyway, we'd like Marshana to advance" (because it would be better for the show)?

I'm seeing ALL competition with Marshana and not chemistry with Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2863915;
    At this point (only episode 1 airing), Marshana getting the rose sounds like a producer's call. Could TPTB have said to Matt, "If Holly is not in your final 3, and is out of the running anyway, we'd like Marshana to advance" (because it would be better for the show)?

I'm seeing ALL competition with Marshana and not chemistry with Matt.
    See, this is where "producer picks" don't bother me. I think every single Bach/ette could cut faster and deeper than they do, which leaves plenty of space for producer picks. So why not? I doubt we'll ever know, but I envision something like the following:
    Fleiss-flunky: So Matt, who do you really want to keep out of these 9 women?
    Matt: These 3.
    FF: Okay then, we want you to keep these other 3.
    Matt: Got it.

I'm fine with letting the producers fill in the blanks -- it's their show.

As for Marshana and Matt having chemistry, I detected mild interest, which is probably enough to keep her around as a second-string choice for a while even without producer encouragement.

I agree sweetelvira. There was no reason to send Holly home from the Hollywood date if he needed to keep a bunch of girls that he was only mildly interested in. Why cause her the pain of that sort of send off? But when he had to send one home from the 2 on 1, it might have been a tossup. By the third episode, he probably already knew who his F4 were going to be and neither Marshana nor Holly were going to stick around for that. He went with the producers' pick and Marshana was bringing more drama. They always keep the dramatic/ entertainment value girls around longer , as they did with pricess Erica in Lorenzo's season.