Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michelle P **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Michelle P **Spoilers**

K. Reeves, I remember you from band and the various choirs, and I was also surprised to see Michelle on TV! She's a stage actress now as well as doing the admin. thing by day. Are you still teaching and playing?

Quote Originally Posted by KDReeves;2861315;
    With the family together for Easter weekend, my younger brother just drew my attention to the official "The Bachelor" website, and sure enough... it's really her! I went to high school with Michelle and we remained in touch for a brief time when we were both in undergraduate.

While I don't want to reveal too many personal details to respect her privacy, I can confirm a few things. Firstly, she is indeed quite sweet, and was a REMARKABLE clarinetist for her age. She had a rather meteoric rise in her early career, though I'm not sure what happened. She attended one of the more prestigious music institutions in the country and I expected she'd be playing professionally by now.

Michelle was a fine student, very active in extracurriculars, and had a fine voice as well. She was a performer in each of the school musicals during the time our years overlapped, as was I. I myself was a trumpeter (did my undergraduate in Music Ed, was a band director for most of my teaching career) so we spent more than a little time together.

Amazing to see her on The Bachelor! Never would have thought!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Besides giving Jay Leno fodder for his monologue, Michelle also gave Matt some advice on her departure. She told him there was good there and he should seek out the good. Thank you Michelle for voicing what many of us would have liked to whisper in his ear at that point.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I liked her. I realize he could probably narrow it down even further given the liberty to do so, but she seemed sweet. I hope she has a happy life with her music, her cat, and the man of her dreams (who is evidently someone other than Matt and hasn't shown up yet but undoubtedly will).

If Leno was going after someone, I'm surprised he picked her and not Stacey. He probably did have someone monitoring FORT. Someday, someone on one of these talk shows is going to say something about obsessive Bachelor fans looking at fingernails and cows and tie knots and the like, and we'll know where they've been hanging out.

Sorry, but all I could think of when I saw Michelle was . . . "band camp"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2867549;
    Getting into the professional music business is terribly cutthroat if we are talking about a symphony gig. Even the small symphonies are hard and the funding for so many of them is drying up. Money is always hard in the classical music industry. She may have an office job to suppliment or to sustain what she really loves - music performance. Not many classical musicians live completely on their music.
    I was sorry to see her go, because I liked her. I don't think she was a fit for Matt
    I thought she was a little doll and a sweetheart. You are right.....as the mother of a classical singer, I can also attest to the fact that the classic musical industy is tight for a number of reasons. My daughter sings in several different venues and picks up work where she can. She is, however, fortunate in that she has a husband who has a good salary whereas Michelle is single.
    I wish Michelle the very best of luck in life, on her career, and on finding love.

By the way, Michele, if you're lurking -- use your cat to screen men. Seriously. A man who doesn't like your pets, won't learn their genders and keeps calling them "it", or doesn't try to befriend them is best to be avoided. Men with allergies will break your heart by making you choose between them and the cat. Once I adopted my cats, I wouldn't date men with allergies, but there are some fine ones out there, so that's a tough one.

They should have a veterinarian as the Bachelor some day. IMHO, there's nothing sexier than a man who loves small animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2875775;
    Besides giving Jay Leno fodder for his monologue, Michelle also gave Matt some advice on her departure. She told him there was good there and he should seek out the good. Thank you Michelle for voicing what many of us would have liked to whisper in his ear at that point.
    I agree, absolutely. And though it was maybe a bit cruel, I have to admit I lol'ed at the skit (especially the sketch of the cat on the note).

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2875894;
    By the way, Michele, if you're lurking -- use your cat to screen men. Seriously. A man who doesn't like your pets, won't learn their genders and keeps calling them "it", or doesn't try to befriend them is best to be avoided. Men with allergies will break your heart by making you choose between them and the cat. Once I adopted my cats, I wouldn't date men with allergies, but there are some fine ones out there, so that's a tough one.

They should have a veterinarian as the Bachelor some day. IMHO, there's nothing sexier than a man who loves small animals.
    I love that you clarified "small animals." A man who loves large ones might be questionable? And it seems like every time I post (as you can see, not that many times), my posts are misunderstood so let me say I am making a crude, silly reference to bestiality.

Quote Originally Posted by nova;2876009;
    I love that you clarified "small animals." A man who loves large ones might be questionable? And it seems like every time I post (as you can see, not that many times), my posts are misunderstood so let me say I am making a crude, silly reference to bestiality.
    Pets! Little cuddly pets! With fur on them, or feathers! In G-rated relationships that could be shown on the Disney Channel!

And since Disney owns ABC, it should be no problem for them to find a Bachelor who is also a veterinarian or otherwise into having G-rated relationships with little cuddly animals. Maybe they could even bring back Michele for that one.

FORT Newbie

An article I found about our little friend, Michelle:

Syracuse native's song not a hit for 'Bachelor'
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 By Christine Birmingham Contributing writer

The journey for London love ended Monday night for 28-year-old Syracuse native Michelle Procopio, when she was eliminated from ABC's "The Bachelor: London Calling."

Procopio was one of 25 women to travel to Los Angeles in hopes of snagging a husband, but was eliminated in the second episode after only being there three days.

"I was looking to find love, and haven't experienced it in a while," Procopio says.

Procopio, an administrative assistant currently living in San Diego, was competing for the heart of British business development manager Matt Grant.

In Monday's episode, Procopio sang a song she had written for Grant about finding that right person, but it couldn't save her.

"I didn't know if he was really deserving of it, but if I didn't sing it, I wasn't being true to myself," she says. "He just didn't get me."

Procopio was eliminated with Carri and Erin H., leaving 12 women for Grant to choose from.

"I was disappointed because I didn't feel like we had a great connection," Procopio says. "I was disappointed because the experience was ending." But there are no hard feelings.

"I tend to be a really perceptive person, and he was not really giving me that 'I'm really into you vibe' like he was some of the other girls," Procopio says. "It's better off."

Procopio has started dating someone since leaving the show a couple of months ago and is "really, really happy."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast