Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michelle P **Spoilers**

Re: Michelle P **Spoilers**

She seemed like one of the most "normal" girls on the show. Therefore, I hope she makes it far.

FORT Newbie

With the family together for Easter weekend, my younger brother just drew my attention to the official "The Bachelor" website, and sure enough... it's really her! I went to high school with Michelle and we remained in touch for a brief time when we were both in undergraduate.

While I don't want to reveal too many personal details to respect her privacy, I can confirm a few things. Firstly, she is indeed quite sweet, and was a REMARKABLE clarinetist for her age. She had a rather meteoric rise in her early career, though I'm not sure what happened. She attended one of the more prestigious music institutions in the country and I expected she'd be playing professionally by now.

Michelle was a fine student, very active in extracurriculars, and had a fine voice as well. She was a performer in each of the school musicals during the time our years overlapped, as was I. I myself was a trumpeter (did my undergraduate in Music Ed, was a band director for most of my teaching career) so we spent more than a little time together.

Amazing to see her on The Bachelor! Never would have thought!

Welcome to the FORT, KDReeves. I bet that was a shock seeing an old friend's face on The Bachelor home page. She really played beautifully - from that and reading her education was in music, I was surprised she worked in an office. If she had a dream of playing with an orchestra, I truly, truly hope that dream isn't diminishing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

I'm not surprised that Matt cut Michelle from tonight's show. Nothing against her at all; he just didn't seem drawn to her.
    Someone named "NY PERSON" made some negative comments / accusations against Michelle on the seat42f.com website.
    Can anyone refute those comments? Perhaps KDReeves, or someone else who knew / knows her. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.
    Assuming there is no truth to those awful comments, and if I was Michelle, I'd be considering legal action (libel, defamation, etc.) against the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by cromwel007;2866356;
    I'm not surprised that Matt cut Michelle from tonight's show. Nothing against her at all; he just didn't seem drawn to her.
    Someone named "NY PERSON" made some negative comments / accusations against Michelle on the seat42f.com website.
    Can anyone refute those comments? Perhaps KDReeves, or someone else who knew / knows her. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.
    Assuming there is no truth to those awful comments, and if I was Michelle, I'd be considering legal action (libel, defamation, etc.) against the poster.
    Don't know a thing about any negative comments, but I think Matt cut her for the same reason you stated.........there just wasn't any "spark" there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2866460;
    Don't know a thing about any negative comments, but I think Matt cut her for the same reason you stated.........there just wasn't any "spark" there.
    That...and probably the singing. That was just awkward...
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2866817;
    That...and probably the singing. That was just awkward...
    Oh God, Yes. I was mortified on her behalf (the fact that she wasn't made it worse!). Matt obviously does not like private concerts while a gaggle of snippy girls are just across the room. Why can these ladies not get that? He always looks so tense.

Man, the Post-RC interview producers pulled out the stops last night to get these women to cry. That's mean. (I also think there's a level in Dante's Inferno for that ...)

I thought she was so sweet last night when she said that she wanted to get back to her cat -- I would have felt the same way about getting back to my dog. I'll tell you, at the end of the day my pets are the ones that never judge me and just love me for me!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Getting into the professional music business is terribly cutthroat if we are talking about a symphony gig. Even the small symphonies are hard and the funding for so many of them is drying up. Money is always hard in the classical music industry. She may have an office job to suppliment or to sustain what she really loves - music performance. Not many classical musicians live completely on their music.
    I was sorry to see her go, because I liked her. I don't think she was a fit for Matt
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast